Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on the Guardian article Jools! What a dramatic rise. You only wrote your first newspaper article this year according to a previous post and now your here qriting for the Guardian! Should help the rep. of geographers as well hopefully

For those of you who haven't seen it, http://education.guardian.co.uk/oxbr...111898,00.html

ReputationRep:
    Just read it properly, there's also a quote from Edders!

ReputationRep:
    That is very impressive! Well done Jools!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, two UKL members!

Now the world knows edders was rejected

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Wow, two UKL members!

Now the world knows edders was rejected
    Yes, but look on the bright side, he's famous! (Well, its a start )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veedy)
    Yes, but look on the bright side, he's famous! (Well, its a start )
    It would have been funny if jools had put edders instead of Edmund.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    It would have been funny if jools had put edders instead of Edmund.
    Lol, yeah, UKL coding! I wouldn't have noticed it was him except I visited his website last night and read his real name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veedy)
    Lol, yeah, UKL coding! I wouldn't have noticed it was him except I visited his website last night and read his real name.
    I knew he was called Edmund but I didn't know his surname.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veedy)
    Just read it properly, there's also a quote from Edders!
    Well done Jools!

I don't know who Jools is though, but what the hell.

And am I supposed to be sad for Edders being rejected?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    And am I supposed to be sad for Edders being rejected?
    nope im not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veedy)
    Congratulations on the Guardian article Jools! What a dramatic rise. You only wrote your first newspaper article this year according to a previous post and now your here qriting for the Guardian! Should help the rep. of geographers as well hopefully

For those of you who haven't seen it, http://education.guardian.co.uk/oxbr...111898,00.html
    Cheers dude - didn't mention it on here as ppl prob get pissed off with my constant linkage to news articles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    Cheers dude - didn't mention it on here as ppl prob get pissed off with my constant linkage to news articles.
    Woweee that's amazing! Well done

I think you SHOULD tell us about your news articles - don't be shy. I for one always enjoy reading them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    Hey Jools. Didn't you write a similiar article a while back?

Edders, argh!!! I actually felt that you would get into Oxbridge, oh well, there is always 'Thames Valley University', what is ist you wanted to do again? Fashion design? lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    Yeah it's a rejigged version of 'Is it 'cos one is Black, Sir?' using the latest stats. Hopefully should be doing more articles for Guardian Education in the next few months...
    Well the article made a good piece of reading, how long does it actually take you to write such a piece? Oh, on a sidenote, what happened to your stalker '*MJG*' ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    Yeah it's a rejigged version of 'Is it 'cos one is Black, Sir?' using the latest stats. Hopefully should be doing more articles for Guardian Education in the next few months...
    That is amazing! well done...i guess you must finally feel like everythings coming together and as a prospective journalist myself I have my first contact hehe

ReputationRep:
    wow jools serious congrats..

thats some excellent writing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    Well done Jools, that's brilliant, congratulations

Commiserations, edders. These Admissions tutors don't know what they're missing :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    Jools, do you get paid? How much do you get paid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Jools, do you get paid? How much do you get paid?
    I didn't for that one as it's a one-off. I only get expenses for BBC work too... not too bothered, not really in it for the money.

Journalism pay isn't great, it's 10-20p per word, and you're far from guaranteed daily publications unless you're bigtime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    I didn't for that one as it's a one-off. I only get expenses for BBC work too... not too bothered, not really in it for the money.

Journalism pay isn't great, it's 10-20p per word, and you're far from guaranteed daily publications unless you're bigtime.
    Hmmmm, thats like about £30 (?) per article. How much expenses can you "rip" off the old BBC?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.