Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is anyone really scared of ageing? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite worried/paranoid about getting old, and specifically looking old. I am religious about keeping out of the sun to prevent premature skin ageing, and I spend quite a bit on anti-ageing products. I'm only 17. Am I alone in feeling like this?

ReputationRep:
    no, you aren't the only vain person on the planet, but you might well be one of the best.

i couldn't give a **** personally. the sun is ace.

ReputationRep:
    yes..im 20 and having a mid life crisis right now.

ReputationRep:
    i turned 20 on the 1st Feb and cried the last 15mins of being 19!!!!! now i like to think i am 20teen! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dictator)
    i turned 20 on the 1st Feb and cried the last 15mins of being 19!!!!! now i like to think i am 20teen! lol
    lol love it :rofl:

not so much looking old but getting old! like a left sith form cos after that it would be uni and that would seem like getting old. and if i get in a relationship i'll end up cheatting to stop it getting serous cos that would feel like getting old. and not getting proper job etc.
    god just realised how bad that sounds!

ReputationRep:
    It horrifies me :afraid: what anti aging do you use?

ReputationRep:
    No its part of life you nonce. If you dont like it, top yourself then.
    Or you can hide away from the sun and be a pale washed out vitamin D lacking boy for the rest of your life!!!

ReputationRep:
    Freakin terrified of getting old and everything that comes with it.
    Except I no way stay out of the sun it's way too addictive!

ReputationRep:
    Peter pan aint.

Spoiler:
    Show
    But I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BunnyS:))
    Freakin terrified of getting old and everything that comes with it.
    Except I no way stay out of the sun it's way too addictive!
    Think of the train tracks and crow's feet :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    It horrifies me :afraid: what anti aging do you use?
    Loving Olay's Regenerist Daily 3 Point cream right now, it works brilliantly. Also Garnier Caffeine Eye Roll-on for the eyes.

ReputationRep:
    I turned 24 today. That's 1 year away from 25 which 5 years away from 30!!! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    im really scared of not being able to do things anymore and having to reply on others for almost everything. i dont want to be stuck inside, unable to go out because im too fragile! and im scared of being alone; without any friends and perhaps even family. plus i just dont want wrinkles and greying, thinning hair!

Ruth xx

I can't wait.
    The day I get my free bus pass will be sweet freedom.
    Too many years bowing down to the inflated prices of Arriva.
    **** you Arriva,I want to age.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to skip to my thirties and like it up to 45 but any more and I'll start to get depressed/scared about getting older :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Not alone.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 24, have wrinkles around my eyes and grey hair. I also still suffer from the left-overs of teenage skin and break out in spots it could be worse, I sometimes feel like starting a campaign about it being unfair having spots and wrinkles, It should be one or the other....

Thank god I'm married now or it would seriously bother me lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'm more scared of not existing any more once I die than growing old. Anti-aging creams already? Aren't they not supposed to work at all? Any way the best anti-aging product is sun screen. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spinnerette)
    Any way the best anti-aging product is sun screen. :/
    Staying out of the sun as much as physically possible.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.