Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Nah I look young anyway :awesome:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.am.lost)
    Loving Olay's Regenerist Daily 3 Point cream right now, it works brilliantly. Also Garnier Caffeine Eye Roll-on for the eyes.
    lol my mum uses that, but I doubt you have any wrinkles, you're only 17 :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psylencia)
    I'm 24, have wrinkles around my eyes and grey hair. I also still suffer from the left-overs of teenage skin and break out in spots it could be worse, I sometimes feel like starting a campaign about it being unfair having spots and wrinkles, It should be one or the other....

Thank god I'm married now or it would seriously bother me lol.
    Married life...that's what old people do, how terrifying. :eek3: :afraid: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Staying out of the sun as much as physically possible.
    That would be unhealthy. Even us pale folk need the sun it gives vitamin D. You're best off using sun screen as moisturiser like I do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    lol my mum uses that, but I doubt you have any wrinkles, you're only 17 :console:
    lol :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite worried/paranoid about getting old, and specifically looking old. I am religious about keeping out of the sun to prevent premature skin ageing, and I spend quite a bit on anti-ageing products. I'm only 17. Am I alone in feeling like this?
    hahaha you pussy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spinnerette)
    That would be unhealthy. Even us pale folk need the sun it gives vitamin D. You're best off using sun screen as moisturiser like I do.
    the amount of sun exposure you need to meet your daily vit D requirement is grossly overhyped. In fact, 10 minutes of weak British winter sun through clothes is more than enough (from what I've read).

ReputationRep:
    the amount of sun exposure you need to meet your daily vit D requirement is grossly overhyped. In fact, 10 minutes of weak British winter sun through clothes is more than enough (from what I've read).
    Still there's no need to use anti aging products at your age when normal moisturiser has just the same effect.

ReputationRep:
    This is ridiculous. Sunny weather is one of the best things in life! You can't avoid ageing by hiding in your room, but you can miss out on a lot of fun that way.

ReputationRep:
    I look forward to being older and having a family so no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by =gabriel=)
    This is ridiculous. Sunny weather is one of the best things in life! You can't avoid ageing by hiding in your room, but you can miss out on a lot of fun that way.
    I know.
    I often turn down offers to go out on 'outdoor' activities with friends because it's too sunny outside. And I had to promptly quit the Red Cross cos I refused to stand outside all day in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared of aging, I don't wanna even think that some day I'll be 60, 70 and I don't want to see my wife/gf, who used to be so damn attractive in her 20s, 30s, 40s (hopefully), look that old either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xcurseofcurvesx)
    yes..im 20 and having a mid life crisis right now.
    I do hope you do not have a plan to only live to age 40!

ReputationRep:
    only if I go bald

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite worried/paranoid about getting old, and specifically looking old. I am religious about keeping out of the sun to prevent premature skin ageing, and I spend quite a bit on anti-ageing products. I'm only 17. Am I alone in feeling like this?
    Not physically.. well it's not something I had thought about. So far i'd say that i'm happiest now with my appearance than I ever have been.

It's funny that this thread cropped up now. I was about to create one. I turn 23 years old tomorrow (9th February) and every time another birthday rolls around i'm feeling worse and worse about it. I actually hate kids and so far do not have plans to have any children of my own, and i've always really disliked people much younger than myself.

I think what i'm realising now, as immature as it sounds, is that I'm jealous of them; I don't want to grow up, and even though i've had my "turn" and i'm hardly a decrepid old man, I still really get depressed at the thought that I am getting older.

I think back to the kind of life I had at 16, 17 etc and I miss those times. All of the clubs that I went to when I'd just turned 18, I would feel quite old in now. And it's only going to get worse.

I have no plans for my birthday tomorrow because I really don't want to celebrate the fact that i'm getting older, I hate it I really do.

Sorry for the morbid post :s

ReputationRep:
    I'm petrified of turning 20

ReputationRep:
    I used to be, though not any more. That's just life, eh

ReputationRep:
    im 21 and exactly the same, i use sunscreen moisturizer during the summer and am constantly worrying about being in the sun/binge drinking/ smoking and when the wrinkles are starting to come.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krakatoa)
    I can't wait.
    The day I get my free bus pass will be sweet freedom.
    Too many years bowing down to the inflated prices of Arriva.
    **** you Arriva,I want to age.
    haha, epic!
    power to the age, however i still get on for child's fair ... so once i've aged a bit i'll soon have to go for adult fairs. 17 and still llooking below 15 :yep: for buses any ways cause bus drivers generally don't care. .

ReputationRep:
    Im 19 and nt realli looking forward to turning 20 . I dont want to get old in general. The whole thing is scary- from having to depend on others to not existing .... But I dont do much about it, maybe i shud :P

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.