Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Found boyfriend's profile on a dating website... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am so so freaking out right now. I just found my boyfriend's online dating profile from a previous tipoff. (explained in my previous thread)

he has put up "backstage photos" which are basically naked pictures of himself that are invitation only.

I already knew he had used it a couple of months back, and he swore never to use it again...but i decided to do some investigating to see if the profile was still up. Lo and behold, it was. It doesn't say when the last time he used it was, but i'm thinking of setting up a fake profile to trap him and see if he responds.

i just want to know if he's still using it.

i can almost feel myself going crazy over it.. i hate this so much.

feel so insignificant.. so insecure and question whether i should be trusting him or not.. girls, what would you do in my situation?

Is it worth confronting him over? but then he would know i've been snooping..

i'm just so lost, upset, confused and overall hurt. i don't know what to do

ReputationRep:
    be discreet, sunshine.

ReputationRep:
    dont play games.

tell him you found it, go mad, have a nice shout and get it all out of your system. make him delete it, then have a relationship talk.

but do not play games
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Just say you've had a tip off. I'd personally break up with him- he clearly isn't worth your time if he is doing things like that.

ReputationRep:
    You've pretty much got the answer.

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible that he hasn't been using it and that hes just not deleted his profile?
    I would confront him and say that someone told you he was on there, I don't think its snooping if someone has told you about it.

ReputationRep:
    If it was me I'd probably finish it, tbh. The fact that you've confronted him before, and he reassured you he would remove it just rings alarm bells. I haven't read your previous thread, will read it and edit this, I think.

edit: it just sounds like this has affected your whole attitude towards him in the relationship in a way that's pretty irreversible. He's making you unhappy and the whole situation is preoccupying your thoughts too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by discreetsunshine)
    I am so so freaking out right now. I just found my boyfriend's online dating profile from a previous tipoff. (explained in my previous thread)

he has put up "backstage photos" which are basically naked pictures of himself that are invitation only.

I already knew he had used it a couple of months back, and he swore never to use it again...but i decided to do some investigating to see if the profile was still up. Lo and behold, it was. It doesn't say when the last time he used it was, but i'm thinking of setting up a fake profile to trap him and see if he responds.

feel so insignificant.. so insecure and question whether i should be trusting him or not.. girls, what would you do in my situation?

You could always stage a sting operation.

ReputationRep:

pwnt

ReputationRep:

Sounds like it could be fun to play.

But on a serious note, talk to him about it, I was in a situation not like this but on facebook when my ex emailed me and i emailed her back, my gf went on my account checking up on me - i know she shudnt have but we are over that now and it caused so much problems! just talk to him, and if he is serious about keeping you or keeping face for that mater, he will delete it and you;ll laugh about it perhaps.

But please just talk to him for your own sake!
    it couldnt get worse for you honestly, if he'd leave you over it then hes just an average vain a**whole

ReputationRep:
    Definitely talk to him about that, its unacceptable on so many levels, and his maintained presence on the dating website obviously shows his interest in other women, there's not really many ways about that.

ReputationRep:
    If your bf is looking for other girls (if he is - you don't know when he was last on that site, you said), then clearly you're not keeping him happy enough for him not to, one way or another. Or perhaps no such state exists for him, and he always likes to keep an eye out for other girls that might be available, one way or another. If you don't like that, then I guess you better gtfo or something.

tbh, if some girl I was seeing told me not talk to an "ex" (like above) or not to talk to other girls online, I'd laugh and tell her to **** off then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciawhobat)
    How about stop being such a whingey little *****, OP? If your bf is looking for other girls (if he is - you don't know when he was last on that site, you said), then clearly you're not keeping him happy enough for him not to, one way or another. Or perhaps no such state exists for him, and he always likes to keep an eye out for other girls that might be available, one way or another. If you don't like that, then I guess you better gtfo or something.

tbh, if some girl I was seeing told me not talk to an "ex" (like above) or not to talk to other girls online, I'd laugh and tell her to **** off then.
    You sound like such a catch.

I just think i deserve to know whether my boyfriend is a cheating liar, because then i can decide from there where i want to take it instead of dangling in limbo.

ReputationRep:
    Trap him and keep all these random internet people updated on events?

ReputationRep:
    what s the website?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to all the constructive responses in this thread.. i agree that this is definitely preocuppying too much time in my thoughts.. it's so unhealthy to be in this state and it's not good for me or for the relationship.

I just don't know if i can end it just yet.. i kind of want to see how everything plays out.. we've been together 3 years and been through so much, and i'm hoping it's just a rocky patch that can be worked through. I do need to have another long talk with him and maybe tell him i've found his profile.

ReputationRep:
    I just think i deserve to know whether my boyfriend is a cheating liar
    Just a suggestion, why don't you make a fake account?

EDIT: Nevermind, you have already said that I would though.

Goodluck

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to all the constructive responses in this thread.. i agree that this is definitely preocuppying too much time in my thoughts.. it's so unhealthy to be in this state and it's not good for me or for the relationship.

I just don't know if i can end it just yet.. i kind of want to see how everything plays out.. we've been together 3 years and been through so much, and i'm hoping it's just a rocky patch that can be worked through. I do need to have another long talk with him and maybe tell him i've found his profile.
    Goodluck personally its not worth leaving him over unless he actually still goes on it. The chat will do you good.

ReputationRep:
    make a fake profile and test him, find out exactly how honest he is and what he's really like...

be clever about it, don't ask bait questions but ease yourself into it and find out how much he truly values you

be prepared to be hurt though, but yeah, do it!

ReputationRep:
    id probs do the same as u OP ... test him before u accuse him bcoz then otherwise he might think u dont trust him

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.