Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Found boyfriend's profile on a dating website... watch

ReputationRep:
    Before you do something take a little time to think about the situation as we cant judge from what we know.

I have known guys(and girls) to have done things like this in the past because they are lonely or feel like there is things they cannot share with you.

Do not just jump right in and assume he is some sort of pervert or is cheating or is unfeeling about you because it could be you are unfeeling about him without realising.

ReputationRep:
    what website is it? Maybe he just forgot to take the profile off and doen't actually use it some of them jeep profiles that have been up for years.

ReputationRep:
    oooh thats harsh!!! haha

ReputationRep:
    I can't be sure, but I'd say it's completely innocent. I go on them sometimes, make a profile etc, just for the attention while I'm sporting a huge chub. I've heard a few friends of mine have done it too (plus some TSRians).

If he's just doing it out of horniness, then I can safely say it's just for the attention. He doesn't want to meet anyone or anything like that. Then again, I'm incredibly egotistical and I love myself.

He could just be finding a dirty shag on the side, so use your judgement.

ReputationRep:
    dont bother with the whole fake profile thing, just shout. very loud. in his face. so much better when these things are out in the open :yep:

ReputationRep:
    i would dump my bfs ass if i found out he was on a dating web site

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by discreetsunshine)
    I am so so freaking out right now. I just found my boyfriend's online dating profile from a previous tipoff. (explained in my previous thread)

he has put up "backstage photos" which are basically naked pictures of himself that are invitation only.

I already knew he had used it a couple of months back, and he swore never to use it again...but i decided to do some investigating to see if the profile was still up. Lo and behold, it was. It doesn't say when the last time he used it was, but i'm thinking of setting up a fake profile to trap him and see if he responds.

i just want to know if he's still using it.

i can almost feel myself going crazy over it.. i hate this so much.

feel so insignificant.. so insecure and question whether i should be trusting him or not.. girls, what would you do in my situation?

Is it worth confronting him over? but then he would know i've been snooping..

i'm just so lost, upset, confused and overall hurt. i don't know what to do

Make ure own and get ure bean out and give it a flick, so u both will be online dating! am sure u will do better and lets be honest ure not satisfying him just forget bout it! but u can come round here love!

ReputationRep:
    hey guys just to update you all... i've made a fake profile and sent him an innocent message on there.. here's to hoping he doesn't take the bait.

Actually, i don't know what it is i'm hoping for. it could mean he doesn't use the profile anymore, or that he's found somewhere else to chat to girls..
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Dump.

/

ReputationRep:
    Heh, I totally want some closure on this. Keep us informed!

ReputationRep:
    there IS the possibility he just forgot to cancel it?

ReputationRep:
    OP - what do you do when you catch him looking at girls in real life? Would you "dump" him then?

What about if he actually spoke to another girl? That would surely be unacceptable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciawhobat)
    OP - what do you do when you catch him looking at girls in real life? Would you "dump" him then?

What about if he actually spoke to another girl? That would surely be unacceptable?
    missing the part about 'dating site' ?

this is akin to speaking to a girl whilst giving the impression you are single and looking and hoping for more than mere friendship

is that acceptable to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    missing the part about 'dating site' ?

this is akin to speaking to a girl whilst giving the impression you are single and looking and hoping for more than mere friendship
    Dating sites I've been on are full of people there for all kinds of reasons, dude. Like someone mentioned - could just be to get attention online with no wish to meet anyone.

is that acceptable to you?
    Yes, completely! When I start seeing a girl I make sure there aren't all these ridiculous things that omfg we *can't speak about*. I'll even tell her that I'm going to try to **** her friends as well, and then take them out and ****. Why would they mind? They can try to get extracock as well if they like, so long as I hear the story.
    If you get that stuff established from the start, there's no ******** like this where the girl and guy can't talk openly to each other without them going mental and screaming like ******* monkeys.

ARRRTGGHGHGHNWEONFWELRNF YOU HAVE PCITURESSD ON A WEBSITE AND THE WEBSITE HAS THE WORD "DATING " ON IT AND Dsfqwebnuio2h3ryqARRRGGGHHHHHHHH H

who gives a ****? People set themselves up for this kind of drama.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciawhobat)
    Yes, completely! When I start seeing a girl I make sure there aren't all these ridiculous things that omfg we *can't speak about*. I'll even tell her that I'm going to try to **** her friends as well, and then take them out and ****. Why would they mind? They can try to get extracock as well if they like, so long as I hear the story..
    oh what a charmer

hey baby what'd you get up last night?

i just boned your friend steve

oh yea? how was he? toss his salad?

ReputationRep:
    oh what a charmer

hey baby what'd you get up last night?

i just boned your friend steve

oh yea? how was he? toss his salad?
    You boned Steve? jeez....

ReputationRep:
    Set up a fake date, posing as a 13 year old school girl. Then wait for him there at the scene with Chris Hansen, and don't you even dare be gracious enough to let him take a seat!!!

ReputationRep:
    You sure it's not an old account?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    You sure it's not an old account?
    it's the same account that he used a couple of months back to talk to girls. i know this because i spoke to one of them, who told me the username he used.

So now i just want to know if he's still using it, or not, like he promised me. I stated clear conditions and if he's broken them, then any amount of respect i still had for him would be out the window, and i'll dump his lying arse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by discreetsunshine)
    I am so so freaking out right now. I just found my boyfriend's online dating profile from a previous tipoff. (explained in my previous thread)

he has put up "backstage photos" which are basically naked pictures of himself that are invitation only.

I already knew he had used it a couple of months back, and he swore never to use it again...but i decided to do some investigating to see if the profile was still up. Lo and behold, it was. It doesn't say when the last time he used it was, but i'm thinking of setting up a fake profile to trap him and see if he responds.

i just want to know if he's still using it.

i can almost feel myself going crazy over it.. i hate this so much.

feel so insignificant.. so insecure and question whether i should be trusting him or not.. girls, what would you do in my situation?

Is it worth confronting him over? but then he would know i've been snooping..

i'm just so lost, upset, confused and overall hurt. i don't know what to do

I would fake an account...i think thats prolly more reliable....I wouldnt trust anything he says.....FAKE the account and keep us/me update....:yep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.