Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

panicking over things like feeling sick watch

Im comming up to my mid twenties now and I still get very panicky and feel like crying at things like going dizzy, feeling/being sick, period pain It just makes me all restless and results in me having a panic attack. Ive never been drunk Ive no idea how Id cope with that people just seem so calm when these things happen to them but I can't stand feeling/being ill. Unless its something like a cold. I remember as a kid I used to panic and think that I would stop breathing. Ive fainted several times for various reasons and comming round to consciousness was for me one of the worst feelings ever Ive had a phobia of faintng or going out on a period (which is what caused the cramps fainting) ever since.

In other ways Im quite tough I go to the gym and run and can stand this type of pain but Ive no idea why I feel all trembly and panicky when I have period cramps. Its not something I can help its not like a conscious phobia its just my body goes all panicky and trembly. I don't know how I'l cope when I have to live on my own or say in old age when my mum (who happens to be a nurse) isn't around to help.

I know it sounds pathetic but Ive always been like this I want to know though do most people get the trembly/panicky horrible feelings when feeling sick/on a period but just think 'oh well' and some how cope with them or do you not feel panicky in the first place:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I sit for around three hours every Saturday and Sunday morning worrying that I'm going to be sick.

It's probably normal.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.