Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Need relationship advice from understanding people please... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, long story short, ive been with my boyfriend for four years and i love him to bits. Yet i cant help but wonder what life is like single? Ive been with him since i was 15. When i go on nights out i dont ever want to go with other boys, but i really do find myself thinking of other men, older men... Not really old but sort of late 20s or early 30s... Im really confused and to be honest, not very happy right now.. Help:confused: I really dont want to risk losing him if its not worth it, because he is the perfect boyfriend...

ReputationRep:
    Im in the same situation with my girlfriend but with women not men ofcourse.
    I lived part of my life before her and it was amazing! the atmosphere is great. I dont want to hurt her feelings breaking it off just to try something out... Im interested in a good answer to this also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legendxo)
    Hello everyone, long story short, ive been with my boyfriend for four years and i love him to bits. Yet i cant help but wonder what life is like single? Ive been with him since i was 15. When i go on nights out i dont ever want to go with other boys, but i really do find myself thinking of other men, older men... Not really old but sort of late 20s or early 30s... Im really confused and to be honest, not very happy right now.. Help:confused: I really dont want to risk losing him if its not worth it, because he is the perfect boyfriend...
    I lived part of my life before her and it was amazing! the atmosphere is great. I dont want to hurt her feelings breaking it off just to try something out... Im interested in a good answer to this also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SFsuck)
    Thanks, at least im not the only one. I sort of feel like a bad person for even wanting to try other things

ReputationRep:
    It would be BRILLIANT if you two were each others other-halves.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, at least im not the only one. I sort of feel like a bad person for even wanting to try other things
    what we need to do, kind of what kittykatkat but not. We need to dump my gf and your bf with eachother then go out and do what we want to do. And if we dont like that we can come back to them having tried what we wanted to do, and them not to be lonely... (shame it aint that easy lol)

I feel a bad person for saying that now

ReputationRep:
    what we need to do, kind of what kittykatkat but not. We need to dump my gf and your bf with eachother then go out and do what we want to do. And if we dont like that we can come back to them having tried what we wanted to do, and them not to be lonely... (shame it aint that easy lol)

I feel a bad person for saying that now
    lol, if only it were that easy :yep: I was reading your other post about your relationship there, and it seems like my bf acts like your gf. I think hes much more emotional about it atm... And im in uni and hes working at home so i only see him at the weekends now...

ReputationRep:
    You have to decide for yourself whether the experience is worth losing someone you really care about.
    its nt bad to want to try something different at all.
    Perhaps you should discuss it wit your bf and see how he feels and maybe you guys could work something out- go on a break for a while for eg.
    But once you put these feeligns out there you have to also expect that your significant other will feel hurt and possibly betrayed because you are nt satisfied wit him :P
    Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    I know this is soo wrong but i almost feel like i should wait to meet someone i want to be with before i say anything to him at all...

ReputationRep:
    lol, if only it were that easy :yep: I was reading your other post about your relationship there, and it seems like my bf acts like your gf. I think hes much more emotional about it atm... And im in uni and hes working at home so i only see him at the weekends now...
    Do you get texts like every 5 mins asking what your up to or is that just me? I live literally next to uni and shes only up the road from me so wants to see me all the time or text me all the time... i think the longest time shes gone without texting me is when i left my phone at home (accidently on perpose) when i went to work once, or when im sleeping...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lmva)
    You have to decide for yourself whether the experience is worth losing someone you really care about.
    its nt bad to want to try something different at all.
    Perhaps you should discuss it wit your bf and see how he feels and maybe you guys could work something out- go on a break for a while for eg.
    But once you put these feeligns out there you have to also expect that your significant other will feel hurt and possibly betrayed because you are nt satisfied wit him :P
    Hope that helps
    iv suggested going on a break to my gf. didnt go down very well and have to comfort her and put up with it -.- im kind of trapped in a relationship which i like half the time... relationships can be so complicated =/

ReputationRep:
    Do you get texts like every 5 mins asking what your up to or is that just me? I live literally next to uni and shes only up the road from me so wants to see me all the time or text me all the time... i think the longest time shes gone without texting me is when i left my phone at home (accidently on perpose) when i went to work once, or when im sleeping...
    We have been together long enough that we have grew out of that, but i would feel guilty if i hadnt text him. And he would be annoyed, but that is only if he hasnt heard from me all day. He annoys me so much because i have nothing to complain about him (yes i know thats bad) but he never does anything wrong! So i would never have a "reason" to break up with him...

I know this is soo wrong but i almost feel like i should wait to meet someone i want to be with before i say anything to him at all...
    Okay, I speak as a person currently involved in this... but as the new guy.

Cut a very long story short: Girl I'm involved with has been with her boyfriend for about 5 years, since she was 14, she loves him but doesn't want to be with him any more, hasn't really done so for a long time. Then we met, and fell in love with each other, whilst she was still involved with him, and breaking up with someone you've been with that long is never simple at it's got very messy for all involved, apart from maybe her boyfriend who is largely oblivious to the fact he's being cheated on.

Would not recommend waiting to find someone, or if you do, break up with your boyfriend long before anything serious comes of the new guy.

ReputationRep:
    We have been together long enough that we have grew out of that, but i would feel guilty if i hadnt text him. And he would be annoyed, but that is only if he hasnt heard from me all day. He annoys me so much because i have nothing to complain about him (yes i know thats bad) but he never does anything wrong! So i would never have a "reason" to break up with him...
    Ow i have that =/ was sitting in my car looking at her earlier when i dropped her off and she looked so inocent.. I wish she'd grow out of the texting =/ mind you shes 2 years younger so i dont know. Thing is i wouldnt mind not texting all day... Means you can get on with things.. i know its harsh.

Its really weird, didnt think there was a female me out there lol, your not a film student by any chance are you? hehe :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Okay, I speak as a person currently involved in this... but as the new guy.

Cut a very long story short: Girl I'm involved with has been with her boyfriend for about 5 years, since she was 14, she loves him but doesn't want to be with him any more, hasn't really done so for a long time. Then we met, and fell in love with each other, whilst she was still involved with him, and breaking up with someone you've been with that long is never simple at it's got very messy for all involved, apart from maybe her boyfriend who is largely oblivious to the fact he's being cheated on.

Would not recommend waiting to find someone, or if you do, break up with your boyfriend long before anything serious comes of the new guy.

Thank you...

ReputationRep:
    Ow i have that =/ was sitting in my car looking at her earlier when i dropped her off and she looked so inocent.. I wish she'd grow out of the texting =/ mind you shes 2 years younger so i dont know. Thing is i wouldnt mind not texting all day... Means you can get on with things.. i know its harsh.

Its really weird, didnt think there was a female me out there lol, your not a film student by any chance are you? hehe :P
    Yeh tis very silly texting all day. When theyr is nothing to talk about lol...
    Lol no not film, comp sci :yep: nerdy i know :P

ReputationRep:
    You can't have your cake and eat it. You either want to be with your bf or you want to look for someone else. You are just stringing him along doing that.

ReputationRep:
    So... what you been upto in the last 3 minutes? you okay? lol.... (just shoot me) :P
    Ah dang it lol :P guess there still isnt another me then

Guess we dont have an answer yet on what to do in our situation then... hmmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Itchynscratchy)
    You can't have your cake and eat it. You either want to be with your bf or you want to look for someone else. You are just stringing him along doing that.
    Hmmm understanding people??

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm understanding people??
    I'm not going to tell you it's ok just because that's what you want to hear

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.