Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Used? watch

Announcements

I won't go into massive detail..
    I slept with a friend of a friend, after meeting and talking intensely for a few weeks. It's unlike me, but i did it because he gave me a pretence that he felt something quite real for me and could make something-ish of it, and i felt the same. this was a few days ago, and he's been making the effort to talk to me often since, but tonight he said that - i did not realise he was not looking for any sort of relationship and it was just sex. and then hasn't communicated any further.

I'm not going to chase after him now, he's made himself clear. I guess i just want to know if people have been in similar situations, and what they did to help them get over it. I feel quite emotional at the moment - but dont feel like i should be.

Anyway, any kind of advice would be appreciated, thankyou.

ReputationRep:
    unless a guy explicitly says hes looking for a relationship you just assume that theyre after sex. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I had a long distence friend who i spoke to about everything for 4 years. When i went to see her, i slept with her on the first day (i was there for 3) when i came home after an hour flight, she had got a new boyfriend and i havent really spoken to her since (not at all in the last year or so)

Just think of it as practice... From the above it looks like i was obviosly shyt it bed =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SFsuck)
    I had a long distence friend who i spoke to about everything for 4 years. When i went to see her, i slept with her on the first day (i was there for 3) when i came home after an hour flight, she had got a new boyfriend and i havent really spoken to her since (not at all in the last year or so)

Just think of it as practice... From the above it looks like i was obviosly shyt it bed =/
    what a shlag!

ReputationRep:
    i know right!

ReputationRep:
    did you never say anything to her?

ReputationRep:
    yea, i called her a ***** and got over it lol

ReputationRep:
    Good man

ReputationRep:
    Girls use guys too, and you cant expect a guy to get into a relationship with you after you have sex with him. I think if you want to avoid being used again, wait until you are in a good relationship to have sex. Unless you like to be used that is

(Original post by legendxo)
    Girls use guys too, and you cant expect a guy to get into a relationship with you after you have sex with him. I think if you want to avoid being used again, wait until you are in a good relationship to have sex. Unless you like to be used that is
    this makes a lot of sense, thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    legendxo you have all the answers for me today lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I won't go into massive detail..
    I slept with a friend of a friend, after meeting and talking intensely for a few weeks. It's unlike me, but i did it because he gave me a pretence that he felt something quite real for me and could make something-ish of it, and i felt the same. this was a few days ago, and he's been making the effort to talk to me often since, but tonight he said that - i did not realise he was not looking for any sort of relationship and it was just sex. and then hasn't communicated any further.

I'm not going to chase after him now, he's made himself clear. I guess i just want to know if people have been in similar situations, and what they did to help them get over it. I feel quite emotional at the moment - but dont feel like i should be.

Anyway, any kind of advice would be appreciated, thankyou.
    cool i tell ****s that all the time, sounds like a good lad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ginger_Bap)
    cool i tell ****s that all the time, sounds like a good lad
    like she cares what gingernuts says...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SFsuck)
    yea, i called her a ***** and got over it lol
    Bravo old chap. :hat:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.