Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Telling someone who used to like you and has moved on that you like them watch

Title says it all really.

"A" used to like me, but I got a different partner "B" for many months. A moved on, and got a boyfriend.

Then my relationship with B ended and I realised that I sheltered feelings for A the whole time, and now have feelings for A.

Is it horrible if you tell them how you feel, or act on it? Even more so that they are now with someone else? What should I do? Does anyone have experience with this?

A part of me says to just ignore it, that I shouldn't have taken them for granted the first time around. But another part of me says, A liked me first, and surely if I tell A, those feelings will return.

ReputationRep:
    She has a boyfriend now. It'd be selfish and horrible of you to tell her your feelings now. Just wait...if she breaks up with her boyfriend in the future(without your influence) then wait...and tell her.

Don't be a ****.

ReputationRep:
    this seems to happen to me a lot.

don't tell them, they've moved on. if the opportunity arises that 'A' is single again, consider telling them. It's always difficult to do this though, because it feels like playing with people's feelings - if you turn someone down you have to be delicate if you discover later on that you do like them. It can make people feel a bit used.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Keoje)
    She has a boyfriend now. It'd be selfish and horrible of you to tell her your feelings now. Just wait...if she breaks up with her boyfriend in the future(without your influence) then wait...and tell her.

Don't be a ****.
    :ditto: this

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it, duder. Let her fly free, a boyfriended bird..

ReputationRep:
    Type your own original message please :p:

@OP I want to emphasise the importance of this;

Don't be a ****. Seriously.

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Type your own original message please :p:

@OP I want to emphasise the importance of this;

Don't be a ****. Seriously.

What's the point in repeating what you said? :giggle:

but if you insist:

OP, under no circumstances should you interfere in someone else's relationship, it's a rubbish thing to do, makes you look like a complete **** and if they're still attracted to you if their relationship breaks up of it's own accord then maybe then you can get together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    But another part of me says, A liked me first, and surely if I tell A, those feelings will return.
    Totally unneccesarily true.

(Original post by falls_whisper)
    Totally unneccesarily true.
    Why? It's obvious that if you liked a person at some point in the past you have the capacity to like them a second time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why? It's obvious that if you liked a person at some point in the past you have the capacity to like them a second time.
    That's not neccessarily true either. I had little crushes on guys who, after getting to know them better, completely turned me off. But in the case of deeply crushing on someone, perhaps.

Still, if she's happy with someone else, or just doesn't want to be with you - those feelings won't just return like that if she's moved on. I had a major crush on someone before my boyfriend, which never led to anything. But would I choose him now even if he suddenly told me he had feelings for me (even if all along), no I wouldn't. In fact, even if I was single, I'm not sure I would...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.