Turn on thread page Beta

Glamed up Or Casual Girls? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey so, out of interest, guys, I was wondering, what do you actually prefer, the girl that is more "dolled up" wears fitted skirts, dresses, heels etc or the girl that is more "laid back" will wear more jeans, hoodies, baseball boots/flats etc. I know it depends on the occasion but I am speaking just in general.

A mixture. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    A mixture. :mmm:
    Very much this.

P.S. What are baseball boots?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbilly)
    Hey so, out of interest, guys, I was wondering, what do you actually prefer, the girl that is more "dolled up" wears fitted skirts, dresses, heels etc or the girl that is more "laid back" will wear more jeans, hoodies, baseball boots/flats etc. I know it depends on the occasion but I am speaking just in general.
    Ok I'll try to answer a bit more in depth...

I generally prefer a casual girl, generally I spend most of my social time in pubs, coffee shops, theatres, museums etc etc which don't often lend theirselves to being particularly glam and generally the type of girl I prefer tends to be more casual but every now and then it's nice to see your partner making an effort and doing the same for your partner and getting glammed up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    P.S. What are baseball boots?
    Oh, like converse

Oh, like converse
    Oh, I see.

But yeah, a mixture. But not so that you look like Avril Lavigne circa 2003. It should feel right for you. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, like converse
    They are basketball shoes.

ReputationRep:
    It's just 'cause guys will say that they prefer the dressed down look and yet be drooling over the girls in tiny dresses and giant heels
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It's just 'cause guys will say that they prefer the dressed down look and yet be drooling over the girls in tiny dresses and giant heels
    That's because they wouldn't want their girlfriend wearing those types of clothes.

ReputationRep:
    Clean and casual.
    over Glamd up girls make me perceive them badly.... :P

ReputationRep:
    Well for me, a bit of both but this song catches the idea for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV4pmGRcDZI

Perfect Answer

ReputationRep:
    Generally the casual look (out of those two).

Realistically, a mixture. Not quite sloshing around in her jeans and hoody when we're out, but not looked like the No7 range got up and attacked her face that morning.

ReputationRep:
    A mixture, i'm wearing trainers, jeans and sports jacket, overall casual but i'm a guy. you could say i'm dressed up in some ways but casually.

As for a guy, the same, dolled up, i know when a girl is dolled up. Also being dolled up everyday for lecture then i have to say thats crazy amount of time spent to look good. Someday that look will go if it keeps up that way, i'm speaking from experience.

ReputationRep:
    One with a nice body.

ReputationRep:
    Without question the more laid back girl - and the same goes for makeup - less is better.

Natural good looks and a naturally healthy bodyshape are clearly visable without an orange face and stupid clothes to **** them up.

Beauty is as it is and is best viewed naturally.

I suppose its like when you wake up next to them in the morning and look at them unmade up, hair not done, natural as possible and think 'wow' - thats a looker!

The fashion fakes as I call them are then a penny and quite frankly hideous!

ReputationRep:
    I wear dresses and skirts and never wear jeans and yet I'm not always "glammed up"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    I wear dresses and skirts and never wear jeans and yet I'm not always "glammed up"
    This is a fair point, there are casual skirts and dresses etc.

ReputationRep:
    i prefer casual girls. i don't like over glamed girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    Same. I rarely wear heels. Girls who walk around generally all glammed up in their heels etc all the time, how do they do it?!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.