Turn on thread page Beta

Lad's Holiday....Again watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I know this topic has been done many times and have looked through a lot of them but basically me and 7 friends are looking to go on holiday in early june (before the world cup). We're going for one week and can get accomadation/flights, just wanted to know good destinations.

Looking for the usual good nightlife/hot girls/good beach routine but don't want to go somewhere packed with Brits, i.e. Ibiza/Magaluf/Napa

I don't know if this is possible, Any Suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps Turkey?

ReputationRep:
    Malta!

ReputationRep:
    the best destination gash wise is shagaluf. the **** scene is boooming, you cant go wrong mate.

ReputationRep:
    Just remembered, Faliraki. My friends went there lastyear, we are going again this year. It's awesome nightlife, great weather. A few brits but not too many.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DC492)
    I know this topic has been done many times and have looked through a lot of them but basically me and 7 friends are looking to go on holiday in early june (before the world cup). We're going for one week and can get accomadation/flights, just wanted to know good destinations.

Looking for the usual good nightlife/hot girls/good beach routine but don't want to go somewhere packed with Brits, i.e. Ibiza/Magaluf/Napa

I don't know if this is possible, Any Suggestions?
    Puerto del carmen in Lanzarote/Las Americas Tenerife/Hisaronu Turkey

All have decent nightlife but not TOO packed, obviously hot girls and all have a decent beach (not sure if hisaronu does but oludeniz is really close and the beach there is fantastic)

ReputationRep:
    bulgaria? v cheap, good enough nights out, girls everywhere, hot as hell, nice beaches, brits where probably in the minority of the tourists when I went (a lot of germans and swiss for some reason...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolimemma)
    Puerto del carmen in Lanzarote/Las Americas Tenerife/Hisaronu Turkey

All have decent nightlife but not TOO packed, obviously hot girls and all have a decent beach (not sure if hisaronu does but oludeniz is really close and the beach there is fantastic)
    I agree with bold. I don't know about you, but the last 3 times I've been its remarkable how much difference a few weeks makes. First year we went mid July, second early June, and last year end of May. It was certainly dead last year, despite it being half term.

Its ideal for the OP to go in July time. Mostly full of Irish girls :love:

ReputationRep:
    My friends are going to somewhere in Portugal.

ReputationRep:
    Sunny Beach in Bulgaria is getting more and more popular. Know a few people who have gone out there and they said there's not as many British people out there, but it's still a good clubbing place. Really cheap too coz it's not got the Euro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisBan)
    I agree with bold. I don't know about you, but the last 3 times I've been its remarkable how much difference a few weeks makes. First year we went mid July, second early June, and last year end of May. It was certainly dead last year, despite it being half term.

Its ideal for the OP to go in July time. Mostly full of Irish girls :love:
    I went in July from what I remember. Was a fantastic holiday! Think I went 3-4 years ago though. I really wanna go back!

What bars/clubs are still there? When I went it was all about going to Paridise First, then along to big apple, maybe atomic revolution then possibly a shot in the tequila bar before staggering to Caesars!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolimemma)
    I went in July from what I remember. Was a fantastic holiday! Think I went 3-4 years ago though. I really wanna go back!

What bars/clubs are still there? When I went it was all about going to Paridise First, then along to big apple, maybe atomic revolution then possibly a shot in the tequila bar before staggering to Caesars!
    Haha yeh Paradise was always the place to start, they've had a bit of a refurb in there... not so tacky anymore! Most are still there, its the ones that no one really went to that have gone, still got your Tito's and various others. Caesars actually opens quite late in the season.... not until the end of June. From the outside it looks like they're refurbed that..... long gone are the "gold" statues from the outside. Also, the main road in PDC has been changed to a one way system which hasn't worked... been a knock on effect to all of the businesses so they were going to rip it all up winter just gone lolz!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisBan)
    Haha yeh Paradise was always the place to start, they've had a bit of a refurb in there... not so tacky anymore! Most are still there, its the ones that no one really went to that have gone, still got your Tito's and various others. Caesars actually opens quite late in the season.... not until the end of June. From the outside it looks like they're refurbed that..... long gone are the "gold" statues from the outside. Also, the main road in PDC has been changed to a one way system which hasn't worked... been a knock on effect to all of the businesses so they were going to rip it all up winter just gone lolz!
    Yeah it was really tacky! I remember sand on the floor at one point? The year we went was the year gasolina was popular and half the place used to get up onto the bar to dance to it! Got so many photos of me up there. Cringe!

And hahaha I remember those statues! It was in desperate need of refurb. I'd forgotten about Tito's!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.