Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'd buy TSR and shut it down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bowdeni)
    I'd buy TSR and shut it down.
    The best idea so far.

ReputationRep:
    Who would still work if you won the Euromillions? Would you choose a different career than the one you already have in mind? If you wouldn't work, how would you spend your time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    Who would still work if you won the Euromillions? Would you choose a different career than the one you already have in mind? If you wouldn't work, how would you spend your time?
    Would have to do something where I participate socially, also helping children in my city would always be nice.

ReputationRep:
    I would give £1m to everyone who has ever helped me out when I've been desperate and tell those who didn't to **** right off.

I would buy my parents any house of their choosing, anywhere in the world. I would take my dad to the Ferrari showroom and let him go nuts.

I would buy a ridiculous penthouse in London, a mansion in the countryside and a truly obscene collection of cars (off the top of my head - Ferrari 458, Lamborghini Gallardo, Lamborgini Murciealago LP670-SV, Mclaren F1, Bugatti Veyron, Aston Martin DBS, Audi R8 V10).

Majority of the rest I would invest in various things to ensure I kept getting richer.

I would then set up my own racing team and become a full-time racing driver.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hydrabow333)
    if i won 113 million pounds (doubt if i would ever do!) i would give half of it to charity, pay off when i get to uni student loans and buy a big house and go on shopping sprees, holidays and save the rest.
    Thats a such a lie. If you had £113m you would not give £56.5m to charity.

Imagine that money was actually in your bank and not just in your head. £56.5m is too much to give away.

Id buy a football club and watch us rise through the leagues

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anderson8)
    Thats a such a lie. If you had £113m you would not give £56.5m to charity.

Imagine that money was actually in your bank and not just in your head. £56.5m is too much to give away.
    It's not a lot to give away when you consider what you'll have left. You could live in luxury just off the interest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    It's not a lot to give away when you consider what you'll have left. You could live in luxury just off the interest.
    Why not just set up your own charity?

Weirdly enough I can remember a 'win money, give to charity or now' thread recently that was massive.

ReputationRep:
    I'd split about £20m between friends and family, put my girlfriend through medical school, buy a couple of super cars, build an adequate dream house and spend the rest of the winter in whistler.

Then buy one of those stock machines that the Goldman Sachs Group uses, so that I could turn the £113m in to £1b, then every penny of interest/money the machine makes minus living expenses I would give to nano technology research.

£113m isn't that much to worthwhile science.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Why not just set up your own charity?

Weirdly enough I can remember a 'win money, give to charity or now' thread recently that was massive.
    I wouldn't have a clue how to run a charity - and I'm not really interested in learning.

I would probably offer charities the opportunity to apply for my money - if they can justify what they would do with it, then they can have some. I'm not so keen on saying 'here, have a million pounds' to any charity with a nice sounding name...

Side note, how is everyone deciding how much money to give to each relative? I can imagine it causing a lot of family tension if someone thinks you should have given them more, or if you forget someone. You can't give money to everyone you're related to - where do you draw the line: immediate family, first cousins, second cousins?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    I would purchase an orphanage and put the poor orphaned kids to work making shoes in order to earn their meals.
    That'd be awesome, you'd make so much profit out of that! Good investment!

ReputationRep:
    Errm, i would buy myself a party and run the country better then it is currently. Then everyone will love me and donate millions to me ill make a profit.

Then ill rest on my laurels.

ReputationRep:
    Is that the jackpot for this friday!?!?!

If I won the first thing I'd do is get tickets to the carling cup final.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tropical-twist3)
    Is that the jackpot for this friday!?!?!

If I won the first thing I'd do is get tickets to the carling cup final to watch Aston Villa lose.
    :console:

If I won the first thing I'd do is...I don't now but I'd spend it wisely. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Split it across various banks, and live off the interest :p: Use some to fund charity work etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timiaz)
    Errm, i would buy myself a party and run the country better then it is currently. Then everyone will love me and donate millions to me ill make a profit.

Then ill rest on my laurels.
    Ill assassinate you

Buy TSR - Change my username to "Supreme Commander Rucklo" I'm guessing £xxx,xxx
    Give whatever to family they need £3,000,000
    Buy a house for myself £1,500,000
    Buy myself a Ferrari plus insurance at 17 so £120,000 + £200,000
    Some aside for uni £2,000,000 LOL
    Partying + mates £2,000,000

Rest in bank for the interest.

Or instead of buying TSR, a small country and again appoint myself Supreme Commander.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll be buying.

If I won I'll be cancelling my Student Finance application :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Set up some bars.
    Give some money to universities in exchange for name changes of libraries or whatever
    Buy a football club in the conference/league 2 (or Blyth Spartans)

ReputationRep:
    I'd spend 13 mill, put the other 100 mill in some solid businesses that pay tonnes of dividends and live off the cash

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.