Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    :console:

If I won the first thing I'd do is...I don't now but I'd spend it wisely. :yep:
    :hmmm: you twisted my words!

If I won I'd take you along. But I'd make you sit with me and the villa fans :angel:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tropical-twist3)
    :hmmm: you twisted my words!

If I won I'd take you along. But I'd make you sit with me and the villa fans :angel:
    it's fitting as you are tropical-twist

If I won and went to the final I probably wouldn't take you along, I'd leave you at home to rest (keep you fresh for the night). Ideally :manutd: would win and then as celebration we would start with the baby-making.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    it's fitting as you are tropical-twist

If I won and went to the final I probably wouldn't take you along, I'd leave you at home to rest (keep you fresh for the night). Ideally :manutd: would win and then as celebration we would start with the baby-making.
    Nope, no baby-making unless Villa win :nah:

ReputationRep:
    I'd buy Torquay United, buy myself a couple of houses, buy a house for my closest friend. Invest a chunk (like £25m) into bank shares, which will rebound and will increase my wealth when I sell off said chunk a few years down the line (like 2013/14). Go on a round the world trip etc etc.

And yet despite this I'd still finish Uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tropical-twist3)
    Nope, no baby-making unless Villa win :nah:
    Well, that isn't going to happen (you'll see with the rehearsal on Wednesday). You couldn't handle me anyway. Your loss. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amizzle91)
    It's this Friday isn't it? I'll probably buy a ticket if I remember.

£113,000,000- wow. I would probably give half of it to my parents so they could pay off their mortgage and debts, get a new house and they wouldn't have to work again.

I would give my two sisters £10,000,000 each so they could go to University debt free and also live in luxury.

I would fly everyone first class to Florida (our favourite family holiday destination) for 3 weeks staying in all the top hotels.

I would pay off my University fees and then go crazy with the rest (and probably save some too- I know boring). I would give £1,000,000 each to Dog's Trust and Cancer Research as well.

Can i have like 10 million if you win please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    5 million: A house in France, Portugal and Sweden
    That might be a bit awkward ... xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mitch92uK)
    That might be a bit awkward ... xD
    whyyyy?

ReputationRep:
    I probably will do, and if I win I'll get a house for me and a friend, plus a new car for each of us.
    Then give a lot of it to family and charity.

ReputationRep:
    whyyyy?
    Cos you wrote house not houses.
    [=

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sianvygus)
    Cos you wrote house not houses.
    [=
    "A houses in France, Portugal in Sweden" doesn't make any sense.

ReputationRep:
    working in a shop that sells lottery tickets has really put me off the whole concept.
    seeing people coming in every week buying 20 quids worth of tickets and never winning is quite depressing

ReputationRep:
    £50m - Buying and running Reading FC
    £10m - Building my dream house
    £5m - Buying several houses across the world
    £3m - Cars
    Lots on clothes

I'd invest the rest, and donate some to charities blah blah blah

ReputationRep:
    "A houses in France, Portugal in Sweden" doesn't make any sense.
    That because 'a' isn't used with plurals, so it should have been
    'House in France, Portugal and Sweden'

Well at least thats what i think it was all about.

ReputationRep:
    I will probably buy a ticket and then if I win I'd get:

Me and my boyfriend a house on the island that's derelict so we can build whatever we want into it (500k), buy both of my parents a house (1m), pay of my bfs parent's mortgage (unknown), give my mum, dad and sister 5m each (15m), pay off my student loan (approx. 30k by the end of the three years), save 50m, put the rest in a current account or several and spend it on what takes my fancy for a while

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't tell anyone, I'd rather not even tell my family unless I absolutely had to. And I certainly wouldn't go public about it, that's pretty much the stupidest thing you could ever do - you just open yourself up to loads of people trying to scrounge it off you.

I wouldn't donate any of the capital to charities - I'd set up standing orders from the interest (I'd be getting millions a year in interest). I'd buy a huge house, and go travelling and on a huge spending binge.

ReputationRep:
    I'd build and employ some rehabilitation centres for soldiers who have lost limbs and arms in war and I would build some homeless shelters. Besides that, get my parents out of debt, buy them what they wanted and live life to the best of my abilities. Whilst living off the interest...not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O_RLY?)
    £50m - Buying and running Reading FC
    £10m - Building my dream house
    £5m - Buying several houses across the world
    £3m - Cars
    Lots on clothes

I'd invest the rest, and donate some to charities blah blah blah
    I think you have high expectations in buying Reading. Madjeski would never sell his club for £50m, you would not have any money to spend on players etc, i think you should buy a small % of Reading, not all of it.

Or buy someone in a lower league (e.g. Darlington) and try to save them from relegation, if it fails, pump some money in and get them back into league 2!

ReputationRep:
    I'd pay off my big sisters uni debts, pay off the morgage on the house, pay for my univeristy costs as well as all my other cousins who have gone/ are at.

Give some to some good causes.

ReputationRep:
    Can you just imagine, for a moment, if you checked your numbers and realised you had won.

That would be an amazing feeling! And in like a few seconds, your life would have totally changed.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.