Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starless Eyes)
    Nope, not buying it.

Would be nice to have that amount of money in the bank though. Imagine the amount of shoes! :eek:
    I would pay off my close family and friends mortgages / debt, then move to a hot country.
    This, and go into hiding.

ReputationRep:
    I've never ever ever understood why people go public about their lottery wins. It's just asking for trouble in my opinion. Obviously you can't keep it a secret from everyone but the whole country doesn't need to know about it.

The last couple to win big from the Euromillions (£45m) went public and I thought it was rather stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anderson8)
    I think you have high expectations in buying Reading. Madjeski would never sell his club for £50m, you would not have any money to spend on players etc, i think you should buy a small % of Reading, not all of it.

Or buy someone in a lower league (e.g. Darlington) and try to save them from relegation, if it fails, pump some money in and get them back into league 2!
    I'm not sure tbh, I don't value the club at more than £40m, but yeah maybe I could co-own it. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I've just had a thought - How on earth would I tell my Paerents without them having a heart attack?

ReputationRep:
    I'd get a couple of supercars and a Rolls Royce. Buy a nice big country manor in England and build my dream house in Wales . Pay for my little brothers to go to Eton and my girlfriend and I to get married.

After that I'd pay off my mother and fathers debts and my girlfriends parents debts.

I'd buy some nice property in Italy. Probably in the Umbria/Tuscany region. One in France too (no idea where in France though)
    I'd then buy a 37m Sunseeker yacht. After this spending spree I'd live a life of luxury living off of the interest of my now roughly £95,000,000 left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    Who would still work if you won the Euromillions? Would you choose a different career than the one you already have in mind? If you wouldn't work, how would you spend your time?
    I'd try to establish myself as an writer and/or artist. I'm thinking of trying this anyway on the side, but if I won the lottery then I wouldn't have to have a day job as well to support myself! And when I wasn't writing or drawing/painting, I'd be travelling around Britain and the rest of the world

ReputationRep:
    The lottery is a tax, yet people act like it's a gift.

In other words, the success of the lottery is marketing genius, and I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    I'd try to establish myself as an writer and/or artist. I'm thinking of trying this anyway on the side, but if I won the lottery then I wouldn't have to have a day job as well to support myself! And when I wasn't writing or drawing/painting, I'd be travelling around Britain and the rest of the world
    this isn't relevant to your post, but is the beach in you sig. in Europe? It would help if you tell me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    this isn't relevant to your post, but is the beach in you sig. in Europe? It would help if you tell me.
    Indeed! No, it isn't in Europe...

ReputationRep:
    Indeed! No, it isn't in Europe...
    I thought so. I wanted to say near Gibraltar, but the rock of Gibraltar isn't as green as the photo.

I will win and takeover TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    I thought so. I wanted to say near Gibraltar, but the rock of Gibraltar isn't as green as the photo.
    True. You're very cold atm, far too north

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TuckingFypo™)
    I will win and takeover TSR.
    In your dreams.

ReputationRep:
    I had the chance to buy a ticket today. I simply didn't, bought sweets with the money instead.

Stupidest thing I'm ever likely to do?

Maybe.

(Original post by Ladipidoo)
    In your dreams.
    Who is this?

ReputationRep:
    True. You're very cold atm, far too north
    is it in south america?

i'll go from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    is it in south america?

i'll go from there.
    We'll have to go with pm's if you want more hints. So that nobody else can see if you get it right!

ReputationRep:
    I would:

- donate 10 million to charity
    - give 10 million each to my mum and sister
    - treat myself
    - go to university
    - pay my sister's uni fees
    - go travelling around the world for a year or two
    - buy a big house
    - never work again, or if I did, it would be in a career I loved, no matter what the salary was, because it wouldn't matter
    - buy a holiday home somewhere nice

I would DEFINITELY choose to remain anonymous, I would tell very few people!

ReputationRep:
    We'll have to go with pm's if you want more hints. So that nobody else can see if you get it right!
    i'll get back to you, i'm trying to find it exactly, if i can (i want to say the famous, very famous beach, but I don't think its right)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TuckingFypo™)
    Who is this?
    ...Uh, who are you? :confused:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.