Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    With £113m I'd create a luxury property/yacht business in the hope to get to a stage where I'll be designing and constructing unique skyscrapers and thus become a billionaire. All of the charities I'll give to will be animal charities, with the anti seal hunting campaign as my no.1 priority.

(Original post by Adonis)
    I'd give you £1,000,000 if I won

seriously.

and the rest .. move away to a place far away and live with my beloved

What about me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)

What about me?
    lol, i know miss_p in real life, she's one of my best mates

u'd get a 10lb tub of whey :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aomar49191)
    Who is gone buy it??

and ''if'' you win what would you do ??

I'm gone buy and wud buy anything and invest 20 Million in shares:yep:
    Hell yes i am buying a ticket....

£10mil for my parents for putting up with me for 18 years.

£5mil to each of my nan+grandads to have a good time (and treat my nans cancer :sad: )

£2mil to my sister.

£5mil house.

£1mil on cars etc.

Pay off all my good friends student loans etc, pay them through uni for about £200,000.

Start up a shop of some kind just to keep me down to earth.

And put the rest in a high interest bank account.

Pay the interest to charity each year.

And blow about £1mil on pretty much anything.
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Just wait for a couple years down the line aswell, when the government spikes up interest rates to take the edge off all the money it's pumped into the economy. You basically won't need to touch your original winnings and if you do clever things like buy a house on a 5 year mortgage, you'll essentially get it for free via your interest earnings over that period.

Actually in addition to the other things I said, I'd probably dabble in a little bet of venture capital. Set myself up as a Dragon so to speak, you can make a lot of investments with only £10m let alone £113m.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    What did you think 0.01% was?

0.1 is 10%

0.001% is 10th of a percent so 100k
    no, 1% is 1/100th of 100% (funnily enough), so 0.1% is 1/1000th, and 0.01% is 1/10000th

so 1% of 113 million a year would be 1.13 million...

(Original post by Superfrank)
    This.
    It'd have to be a Princess V85 Sports Yacht though
    sounds good, but I fancy the sunseeker predator 108

ReputationRep:
    Keep at least £20mil in the bank....interest=kerching!
    30 mil - mum and dad
    By them a huge house somewhere nice
    1 mil in a trust fund for each of my 3 sisters
    10 mil - grandparents
    Buy a house on lake como and a yacht
    New York penthouse
    Georgian townhouse in london
    Private jet...and a pilot of course
    A fancy car..and some driving lessons. Or a driver.
    Country mansion
    Possibly set up a few businesses
    Chanel handbag
    Mulberry alexa bag....because they're obviously both necessities

Spend the interest and donate to charity :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Holy crap that's a lot of money.
    I think I'll buy a ticket tomorrow

I think I'd spend it by:
    -Spread some of the money round my family, make sure they could all live happily for pretty much the rest of their lives.
    -Give the charity I help out with the rest of the money they need to earn.
    -Buy a Chalet in either France, Canada or Switzerland.
    -Buy myself a black Aston Martin Vanquish.
    -Take my family on a lovely holiday this summer. Each to a destination they wish to go to.

Then the rest I'd just save for the future. I'd be able to give my children a good education, buy a lovely house, have no worries about starting the business I want to own.
    All whilst helping out my family and others if they need it.

ReputationRep:
    If I won, I'd probably have a mini-heart-attack.

I'd give a million to our local hobo, 'Marty Bog-Roll'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munn)
    no, 1% is 1/100th of 100% (funnily enough), so 0.1% is 1/1000th, and 0.01% is 1/10000th

so 1% of 113 million a year would be 1.13 million...

sounds good, but I fancy the sunseeker predator 108

Oh that's gorgeous! Do you have a boat, or do you sail or anything? xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superfrank)
    Oh that's gorgeous! Do you have a boat, or do you sail or anything? xx
    not yet, but i should do on saturday morning if friday night goes to plan...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil Piranha)
    First of all, I wouldn't give any money to anyone.. the amount that would be taxed on it would mean they'd get just over half of what you're giving them. Instead, I'd say it was a family syndicate, so that myself, my brother, mum and dad all got an equal share, without it being taxed.

Then I would invest in a nice house in London (Kensington or Chelsea maybe :P) and go shopping. I might rent a really nice place in my uni town whilst I finish my degree.

Then I think I'd go travelling a bit, and then settle down and get a job that I love, and it wouldn't matter what it was because money would be no object really
    I believe lottery wins are tax free...

ReputationRep:
    £113 million. wow.

£3 million to H4H

Then I would give £20 mil to my mum, dad and granny for helping me through uni, and split £10 million umungst friends. That leaves £40 million for me. I would pay for my pilot licenses and buy a light aircraft. Buy a car, and a house and live the life of luxury.

ReputationRep:
    I'd pay for my university fees, pay for my brothers so that he doesn't have to worry about working the debt off that he's doing now... put the same amount in an account for my sister if she goes.

Talk to my parents and ask them whether they want a new house or if there is anything they'd really like as a luxury (new car for my Mom), I'd give them money so they don't have any financial worries about food, bills or necessary things like that.

Don't what I'd do with the rest, probably buy a holiday for me and my girlfriend, then a seperate one to Amsterdam with mates...

Oh, also, I'd go to a very very very expensive restaurant, eat the best food around then go to a swanky bar and get absolutely wrecked off very very very expensive champagne and whiskey.

ReputationRep:
    Sort myself out and squander the rest. Having that much money is almost a crime against humanity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    113 million hmmm

10 million: Amazing house with everything including swimming pool etc.
    5 million: A house in France, Portugal and Sweden
    3 million: UNICEF
    5 million: to my school and have the "Sia block"
    1 million: to Grandma, Granddad, Mormor, Morfar, My cousins + family (250k each), My other cousins + family (250k each), my best friend
    5 million: my sister
    5 million: mummy and daddy
    1 million: huge shopping trip and cars!

then I'd spend 5 million going on a 2 year trip around the world.

I have no idea how much money I've got left from that. Probably would put it in the bank and come up with something useful
    You have too much time on your hands.

ReputationRep:
    I'd buy everything I could. But I haven't bought a ticket so meh, can't ;(

On another note, a guy infront of me at Tesco last night spent £260 on tickets 0_o

ReputationRep:
    I'd buy myself a house in the country for 15-20m and an expensive apartment in London. I'd buy my parents and sister each a house for roughly 5m, and give each a decent amount of spending money, a couple of million - my sister has always said that it's necessary that she always needs to work in order to survive, or she would get bored and lose purpose. I would then buy a couple of cars (at least one Aston Martin) and put the rest in the bank, living off the interest.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't make any major donations. It may sound mean, but at least I'm telling the truth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LivingMemory)
    I'd buy myself a house in the country for 15-20m and an expensive apartment in London. I'd buy my parents and sister each a house for roughly 5m, and give each a decent amount of spending money, a couple of million - my sister has always said that it's necessary that she always needs to work in order to survive, or she would get bored and lose purpose. I would then buy a couple of cars (at least one Aston Martin) and put the rest in the bank, living off the interest.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't make any major donations. It may sound mean, but at least I'm telling the truth.
    It's true, I'm the same. If I won the EuroMillions I'd have to invest in some companies and set up some charitable foundations simply to have something to do. The first six months of doing nothing and swanning around the world would be fine but after that I'd get bored of having nothing to occupy me.

It was Marx that argued that humans enjoy work, they enjoy creating and producing things, it's just generally the situation in which they do it that they have issues with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajp100688)
    It's true, I'm the same. If I won the EuroMillions I'd have to invest in some companies and set up some charitable foundations simply to have something to do. The first six months of doing nothing and swanning around the world would be fine but after that I'd get bored of having nothing to occupy me.

It was Marx that argued that humans enjoy work, they enjoy creating and producing things, it's just generally the situation in which they do it that they have issues with.
    It's very interesting, and I think it says a lot about the person. Obviously you are an active person who never wants to be fully complete in life and always wants another goal - surely a good thing, and I can see why a person would be like that. However, I am ashamedly the opposite, my goal in life is to get myself to a position where I never need to work or do be forced to do anything ever again, and then do exactly that, I assure you that it would never make me restless. I probably would still do things, play the guitar, write, cook, but all just as hobbies. I really could just spend all day sitting in my office (even if not used professionally) or garden, drive around, or watch reruns of Murder She Wrote and Quincy - even though I've never actually seen either of those - for the next 50-60 years. I am a very shallow person :woo:

As proof, even now, in the last Christmas holidays, I left the house once, and only then because I had to go out on Christmas day. I am perfectly contempt being indoors, being in my bedroom or whatever, for huge periods of time - weeks or more, it really doesn't bother me. Last year my parents went to Australia and I had to stay at home to study, and I barely seen anyone for 3 weeks, I'll probably be doing to same thing this year - except this year they are going away during my Uni Easter holiday, so I actually won't see anyone for 3 weeks :dontknow:

This is probably making me sound like a nutcase, I assure you I'm normal in every other respect :erm: I'm just able to withstand doing nothing for long periods ... and that's why I'm confident that as a millionaire I would never get bored of being rich and having nothing to do.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.