Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    they stopped selling coca cola at the high school that my sixth form is with. They said it is because studies show that the caffiene in it causes the children to work less efficiently during the afternoon. Also apart from how unhealthy it is for them it weakens the bones in the children, something about the potassium taking calcium from the bones or something like that, probably find a link later to help explain it better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Drinks giant Coca Cola is removing its branding from vending machines in Scottish schools. Children now drink water and healthier drinks. Do you think we should do this in England? Do you think healthy choices only should be only choices avaliable in our schools?
    You sure that is legal? I thought it was free world?

ReputationRep:
    Coke is the spawn of Satan. Drink Dr.Pepper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 101mphfastball)
    Dr. Pepper = **** of satan

Drink water instead, "Angel's piss..."

ReputationRep:
    Gatorade would be better....................

ReputationRep:
    Gatorade would be better....................
    We have "powerade" over here. Crap name, crap drink.

Like lucosade better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    We have "powerade" over here. Crap name, crap drink.

Like lucosade better.
    Gatorade is the best Isotonic drink there is (according to research by organizations like Human Kinetics etc). You can get it in the UK but its hard to find and will cost you many greenbacks...........

ReputationRep:
    Gatorade is the best Isotonic drink there is (according to research by organizations like Human Kinetics etc). You can get it in the UK but its hard to find and will cost you many greenbacks...........
    Indeed. And looking at various products, I make my own special brand of drink. 10% by mass glucose, rest water. Maybe not isotonic per se, but its a hell of a lot better than the rest of the others...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Indeed. And looking at various products, I make my own special brand of drink. 10% by mass glucose, rest water. Maybe not isotonic per se, but its a hell of a lot better than the rest of the others...
    Sure its easy to make your own isotonic, hypotonic or hypertonic drinks................and way cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    Sure its easy to make your own isotonic, hypotonic or hypertonic drinks................and way cheaper.
    And tastes better as well! The stuff I buy sure works but it leaves like coloured residue if you drink too much...and cola is just crap casue its way too fixxy.

Solution: Put caffine tablet into aforementioned hypertonic solution...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    And tastes better as well! The stuff I buy sure works but it leaves like coloured residue if you drink too much...and cola is just crap casue its way too fixxy.

Solution: Put caffine tablet into aforementioned hypertonic solution...
    Caffiene has its uses, horses can get banned from a race cause of it. Just from one candy bar. It can also act as an inhibitor to untilise fat before carbohydrate during ultra-distance races so you have the most efficient energy source when you need it most near the end. Although not sure the research was 100% conclusive on that.

ReputationRep:
    Caffiene has its uses, horses can get banned from a race cause of it. Just from one candy bar. It can also act as an inhibitor to untilise fat before carbohydrate during ultra-distance races so you have the most efficient energy source when you need it most near the end. Although not sure the research was 100% conclusive on that.
    Ummm possible as fat need aerobic respiration to use it, so at start of race it would be advantageous, and at teh end of the race, the glucose reserves might help you win the race. Also useful for students who need all night stimulation whilst doing homwork

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Ummm possible as fat need aerobic respiration to use it, so at start of race it would be advantageous, and at teh end of the race, the glucose reserves might help you win the race. Also useful for students who need all night stimulation whilst doing homwork
    Cool you know about that kinda stuff, you major in sports science at college or you just know stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Cool you know about that kinda stuff, you major in sports science at college or you just know stuff.
    No, biology. we dont do majors here. Also another interesting thing. In long exams (2hours +) I carry afore mentioned solution. Drink half way through. Takes approx. 20 minutes to get absorbed and used, so byt eh end of the exam you are still fresh as ever...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    No, biology. we dont do majors here. Also another interesting thing. In long exams (2hours +) I carry afore mentioned solution. Drink half way through. Takes approx. 20 minutes to get absorbed and used, so byt eh end of the exam you are still fresh as ever...
    Good tip, though I don't think I'll be sitting no more tests/exams hopefully ever (as if).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El_Borish)
    they've stopped selling doughnuts and chocolate bars antwhere in my school, not just vending machines - i reckon its a good idea, yeah - most people our age dont give a crap what they eat, so you've gotta have some restrictions if you don;t want a community of lard-asses!

what about the government proposal to not treat fat people for weight problems as quickly as they do now, and force them onto diets and things first (simlilar proposal to the smokers one) what do people think about that one - i can't make up my mind... :confused:
    there doing that in america also....:rolleyes: theyve made everything cost more *remembers the 50 cent chips with wistfullness* *misses ice cream machine* its a good thing, but i have to say i miss my salts and sweets!

ReputationRep:
    dr. pepper sux ass........

BARQS ROOT BEER ALL THE WAY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Drinks giant Coca Cola is removing its branding from vending machines in Scottish schools. Children now drink water and healthier drinks. Do you think we should do this in England? Do you think healthy choices only should be only choices avaliable in our schools?
    NOOOOO! Not Cola! It's their choice if they decide to rot their teeth or not! Kids will just bring their own cans to school anyway! Or if they can't do that will drink it twice as much at home to recover from the terror.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    dr. pepper sux ass........

BARQS ROOT BEER ALL THE WAY
    Call yourself a Texan and you don't like Dr.Pepper, Texas is home of Dr.Pepper afterall........................ ....just kiddin

ReputationRep:
    Call yourself a Texan and you don't like Dr.Pepper, Texas is home of Dr.Pepper afterall........................ ....just kiddin
    throws rocks at dr pepper lover* it tastes like medicine *gags*

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.