Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,

I have received MBA admits from Cass Business School and Warwick. I am in a fix as I do not know which to accept.Everyone gives a different feedback. I am interested in joining the investment banking domain. If anyone can give suggestions on the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amr_ib)
    Hi Everyone,

I have received MBA admits from Cass Business School and Warwick. I am in a fix as I do not know which to accept.Everyone gives a different feedback. I am interested in joining the investment banking domain. If anyone can give suggestions on the same.
    Congrats on the two offers. From what I know, they're pretty evenly ranked and regarded similarly for their MBA courses. I'd probably go with CASS for proximity to London and potential for networking, but that'd be the only major determinant for me.

ReputationRep:
    same here. CASS will be a better choice since MBA is all about networking. The fact that CASS is right in the middle of the City means more opportunity to network. Also, CASS has a very good reputation in the City.

Warwick is a very good school too, but I would choose CASS over Warwick mainly due to the location.

ReputationRep:
    If this was BSc Cass vs BSc warwick I had say Warwick overall unless you don't mind the extra hard work. Howveer since this is MBA, I strongly recommend Cass not just for location/networking opportunities, but they do have far better reputation in MBA than say BSc atm. Assuming you are studying MBA to enter IB that is.

ReputationRep:
    Cass MBA is better considered than the rest of its programmes, but for some reason, I can't avoid the thought of "couldn't get into a real uni" whenever I hear about Cass. Stinks of second best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReverseConvertible)
    Cass MBA is better considered than the rest of its programmes, but for some reason, I can't avoid the thought of "couldn't get into a real uni" whenever I hear about Cass. Stinks of second best.
    Stinks of second best is only if you are not a fighter.

ReputationRep:
    Not everyone can get to Oxbridge/LBS.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot everyone for the valuable inputs. I had a question as everyone mentions that MBA is all about networking, aren't there any IB's that visit Cass and Warwick campuses to recruit students?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReverseConvertible)
    I kind of know what you mean when you say that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amr_ib)
    Thanks a lot everyone for the valuable inputs. I had a question as everyone mentions that MBA is all about networking, aren't there any IB's that visit Cass and Warwick campuses to recruit students?
    Erm there will always be events where IB's go to both of Cass and Warwick but Cass is lot closer, hence it might be beneficial for location wise.

You might want to ring up Cass staff to ask what networking events they have held for MBA's only as I really only did BSc.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.