Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting over someone who doesn't like you but you like them watch

this thread has probably been done before

i've liked this girl for many months and it is clear she doesn't like me the way i like her, which is fine i cant have expected her to be attracted to me

but i also want to move on from trying now and stop thinking about her so much...

any advice?

ReputationRep:
    It'll pass tbh. Might take a long time though. Try and focus on other girls.

ReputationRep:
    She moved on, you need to move on. Then she will miss that attention and get jealous. Hit on another girl, with her presence there. Then again, just move on really.

She don't love you then its not worth your time.

ReputationRep:
    rebound??

(Original post by fourdigit)
    She moved on, you need to move on. Then she will miss that attention and get jealous. Hit on another girl, with her presence there. Then again, just move on really.

theres no making her jealous
    she wasn't attracted to me
    we have a lot in common and we can talk for a long time but thats about it
    if she aint attracted to me then i cant help that (im not the best looking guy out there) she can literally have the pick of the guys tbh but none will have as much in common as we did, but never will she want to go out with me (unless i work on my appearance, which i am for myself anyway)

im just wondering how people stop thinking so much about this sort of thing, like i used to think about her quite a bit and would always want to talk to her, now i've reduced this but still want to get over her completely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fourdigit)

yeah mind games are alllwwwaaayyyss a good way to force someone into liking you.
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    this thread has probably been done before

i've liked this girl for many months and it is clear she doesn't like me the way i like her, which is fine i cant have expected her to be attracted to me

but i also want to move on from trying now and stop thinking about her so much...

any advice?
    What makes you think she doesn't like you?

ReputationRep:
    What makes you think she doesn't like you???

Even so, it's best to forget about it. If anythings going to happen it will happen as soon as you let go

ReputationRep:
    Nothing to get over, there was nothing there in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    theres no making her jealous
    she wasn't attracted to me
    we have a lot in common and we can talk for a long time but thats about it
    if she aint attracted to me then i cant help that (im not the best looking guy out there) she can literally have the pick of the guys tbh but none will have as much in common as we did, but never will she want to go out with me (unless i work on my appearance, which i am for myself anyway)

im just wondering how people stop thinking so much about this sort of thing, like i used to think about her quite a bit and would always want to talk to her, now i've reduced this but still want to get over her completely

In other words, Her lost mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisisyesterday)
    yeah mind games are alllwwwaaayyyss a good way to force someone into liking you.
    :rolleyes:
    What can i say, worth a try

I don't know what kind of person she is so who knows *shrugs* lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.