Turn on thread page Beta

Unbelievable Video about Guns in America watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    What's wrong with it? Look at the US gun crime figures and specifically the figures for young people and you'll see exactly what's wrong with it.

You can't just say 'look at US gun crime figures'. The US is split into 50 states remember. All with different gun laws. You will find that those who have strict gun control have higher levels of gun crime, and crime in general than those states with liberal gun laws.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreYouExperienced?)
    not suprised you want a gun, you like skeng kid! lol i havent heard about him in yearrrs
    Skeng Kid is actually still about, rolling with Voltage, Maxsta, Scruface etc. He's still one of the best imo.

ReputationRep:
    It looks fun!

Although, I don't agree with whole idea of carrying a gun when doing even the most mundane chores: going to the bank or buying the groceries.

Seems like overkill.

Kid: Well, I'm not a black-belt yet, so I'll have to defend myself with guns.

Man: You can't do that...

Kid: Ehh, I'm only kidding...it's just that it's fun.

ReputationRep:
    I have a gun, but it's for hobbies i.e. fox hunting etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    You can't just say 'look at US gun crime figures'. The US is split into 50 states remember. All with different gun laws. You will find that those who have strict gun control have higher levels of gun crime, and crime in general than those states with liberal gun laws.
    Gun control is meaningless unless enacted on a federal level - guns can freely flow from "gun" states in the south and mid-west into the more restrictive north-east and west coast.

You will also find that the states with a higher gun crime rate generally just have a larger and more established urban population, thus leading to greater incidences of tensions that provoke the accumulation and use of firearms. The urban United States is concentrated in the fairly gun-restrictive West Coast and North-East, with the less densely populated South and Mid-West being looser on firearms.

TBH it's a problem that America will likely never solve, because even just talking about a new law regarding guns, even if it doesn't restrict them, is a terrible political move and will just kick up the ********* that is [fortunately] currently resigned to irate message boards. I'm just glad I live in Europe, where I don't constantly have to size up who is carrying a weapon.

ReputationRep:
    The problem is ghetto kids getting Uzis, not kids learning in a safe and responsible environment on how to use firearms.

ReputationRep:
    That kid is ******* retarded. But I liked the part where he talks about all the operations he had. That made me laugh out loud.

ReputationRep:
    We should have places like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lust of a Gardener)
    Kid: Well, I'm not a black-belt yet, so I'll have to defend myself with guns.

Man: You can't do that...

Kid: Ehh, I'm only kidding...it's just that it's fun.
    That bit scared me. It seems he has all the ingredients to become An Hero. The kind that shoots up his entire school with an Uzi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    That bit scared me. It seems he has all the ingredients to become An Hero. The kind that shoots up his entire school with an Uzi

I thought exactly the same, could just imagine it.

ReputationRep:
    The guy was fit....

Apart from taking guns to the bank etc I don't really see a problem with shooting paper :s

ReputationRep:
    I remember running around with replica uzi, MP5 and desert eagle BB guns when I was 10 - although admittedly this was in the middle of the countryside. I would have chewed my own hand off for the chance to fire a real Uzi.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing new

ReputationRep:
    believable

(Original post by Renner)
    We should have places like that
    we do in some places in London and Notts :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapitalismRocks)
    I have a gun, but it's for hobbies i.e. fox hunting etc
    Nice to see my advice being taken

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    Gun control is meaningless unless enacted on a federal level - guns can freely flow from "gun" states in the south and mid-west into the more restrictive north-east and west coast.
    You could say the same thing for the opposite situation. Liberal Gun laws are meaningless unless enacted on a federal level. The innocent law abiding citizens in the north east and west coast are made easy prey for criminals with no regard for any law, who acquire illegal firearms, which no amount of laws can prevent flowing onto the street. The estimated 4 million illegal guns on Britains street attest to that.

I for one would rather live in the states, where you are trusted with the responsibility which only inidvidual rights can bring about. Rather then Europe, where some other human being decides what is best for you, and you live your life under others who favour social obedience above social responsibility.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    believable

we do in some places in London and Notts :yep:
    where in notts/london are these places?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.