Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

GDL Application problems! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone! This is my first post and I must confess that I joined the forum because I was desperate for help! I'm a third year student at King's College and I applied for my GDL course through the full-time application service provided by CABS. Everything was submitted before the deadline and my referee sent me a letter letting me know that she had submitted it, yet when she did so the screen would go back to home. After this occured three times, she emailed me to telling what had happened and that she believed it was already submitted but for me to email CABS just in case. I did just that, except I never received a response. I've emailed four times, two before and two after the deadline. The only thing I receive from them is a generic email stating they haven't received my reference.

I then attempted to call their office through the provided email. When calling, I was redirected straight to voicemail and left 3 messages so far. I have yet to receive any kind of response. As a result, I contacted the schools directly, but they said there was not much they can do since applications can only be processed with a reference and they'd only be able to accept a reference directly to them after offers were made I'm not sure what I should do! Is there a regulating agency to whom I can complain? I have significant evidence that the referee in fact made every effort possible to get through to CABS and as a respected senior lecturer and department head at King's, I'm sure they'd listen to her complaint. I'm very scared that I may not get into a GDL course as a result of this Heeeelp!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.