Turn on thread page Beta

Calling all Clever People...HELP!!?!! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey...

I know TSR has a lot of academically successful people, and I like to think im not so stupid...

But a question to all those A/A* students...

When you do essay's during term time, do you consistently get A/A*'s or does it vary....?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    always 100% :smug:

ReputationRep:
    Most clever people don't do essay subjects :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinru)
    Oh, he went there....

OP, I got a few Cs in my practice essays in A Levels, but came out with As in my final exams.

ReputationRep:
    I often ended up with Cs and sometimes even lower in practice essays/papers but ended up getting straight As. Just put in the work with revision and you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinru)
    Most clever people do essay subjects :awesome:
    Sorry mate, made a spelling mistake there, fixed

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    No, for my timed history essays I used to get between 10 and 13 out of 20, I could never get any better. I must have eaten something awesome on exam day though, because I got an A, haha. For my english essays I started off doing really crap, getting like 10/25, then towards the end of the year I was getting like 21/25 and above, but English was very formulaic. If you could write the essay to the formula, you got an A.

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends what the subject is tbh.
    But alot of people I know who get A/A* are really erratic thinkers, and, like me, find it hard to write an essay. Im not saying this is everyone, but it does appear to follow a corilation.

ReputationRep:
    Depends what your talking about. GCSE english and history essays are a doddle. English, the lowest I would ever get on first drafts was an A, but i was superb at history and got 100% in all essays. It depends on the subject, some subjects like geography and history require specific technique and this i why i found history so easy, all you has to do was learn the technique. English isnt so easy, because there isn't a technique to answering questions. it is more about you're general style. e
    A-level is a different story, A* grade candidates from GCSE often write essays at about C/D level to start off with but then re-drafting makes them up to A standard. In A-Level, much more emphasis is put on re-drafting. At gcse a good candidate can get away with just 2 drafts. but at a-level you need to do at least 5 drafts until your getting into the very good standard analysis. this is just my personal experiences with essay writing, erm.. hope that helped.

ReputationRep:
    For timed practice papers, not all the time. For essays that can be done with resources, yes.

ReputationRep:
    actually, I will give you chemistry as an example.....

consistently gettting D/E/U throughout the year....

in the exam....A

ReputationRep:
    Usually fluctuate between 90 and 100%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    actually, I will give you chemistry as an example.....

consistently gettting D/E/U throughout the year....

in the exam....A
    This has really brightened up my evening :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliver5084)
    Hey...

I know TSR has a lot of academically successful people, and I like to think im not so stupid...

But a question to all those A/A* students...

When you do essay's during term time, do you consistently get A/A*'s or does it vary....?

Thanks
    It wavers... adrenaline in the exam is the best but only when I'm sitting :yep:

However in history I'm getting C's and one D I got an A at GCSE, it's really hard.

ReputationRep:
    I do all my GCSE English Language and English Literature essays the night before they're due and the morning they're due over breakfast. Full marks every time :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n13715)
    This has really brightened up my evening :grin:
    like to see the teachers face

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma2010)
    It wavers... adrenaline in the exam is the best but only when I'm sitting :yep:

However in history I'm getting C's and one D I got an A at GCSE, it's really hard.
    lol, I'm the same....I have this special exam mode that I cannot seem to replicate...

I'm the same in history...and I got 98% GCSE....I hate it soooooo much...are you edexcel by any chance???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinru)
    This is true, I got straight A's and only wrote 2 essays for the whole of AS and A2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    lol, I'm the same....I have this special exam mode that I cannot seem to replicate...

I'm the same in history...and I got 98% GCSE....I hate it soooooo much...are you edexcel by any chance???
    Omg yes, I'm edexcel

can't buy past papers + it's there's so many options there's not really a revision book. What topics are you taking?

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.