Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    You know the type, always looking on the bright side, never have a bad word to say about anyone or anything. Grrrr, be human idiot, tell it the way you see it.

I had a friend in school who everyone hated and he was always happy which made everyone hate him more. He would always be so positive and optimistic that he would drive us crazy. Always coming out with the same old cliches etc.

So are happy people just great to be around, annoying or OK in small doses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael Beaver)
    You know the type, always looking on the bright side, never have a bad word to say about anyone or anything. Grrrr, be human idiot, tell it the way you see it.

I had a friend in school who everyone hated and he was always happy which made everyone hate him more. He would always be so positive and optimistic that he would drive us crazy. Always coming out with the same old cliches etc.

So are happy people just great to be around, annoying or OK in small doses.
    As one of those human idiots who always looks on the bright side, I think I'm OK in small doses. I'm a darn sight better than someone who's depressed all the time, as you can have a laugh with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    As one of those human idiots who always looks on the bright side, and I think I'm OK in small doses. I'm a darn sight better than someone who's depressed all the time, as you can have a laugh with me.

You can always have a laugh with me as long as its about ripping into somebody else. Yes I am a self confessed *******. :mad:

Got no mummy or daddy, then you're a *******. True

ReputationRep:
    Soemtimes I think I am a *******. I listen to Tony Wilson and think god he sounds like me. I do have parents though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael Beaver)
    You can always have a laugh with me as long as its about ripping into somebody else. Yes I am a self confessed *******. :mad:

Got no mummy or daddy, then you're a *******. True
    Surely no mummy or daddy makes you an orphan? And if your mother doesn't know who your father is then you're a *******? And if you father doesn't know who your mother is, then you're screwed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Soemtimes I think I am a *******. I listen to Tony Wilson and think god he sounds like me. I do have parents though.
    surely everyone's got parents of some kind - at least when they're first born...? or maybe i should start a 'charity' reciaving donations for children born wihtout mothers....

on the topic: i reckon you need a good balance - happy people can be the life of the party, but if your're clos to someone it makes you feel good to know they can let rip some of their problems on you (i.e. not happy bits), cos it makes you feel trusted and needed, which is always nice!

ReputationRep:
    I've found that I can't work with happy people. They are too much like "this is p*ss easy man I hand it in the day before" then the day before comes they realise they can't do it.

Happy people seem happy because they can just switch things off. However how do you know its not just a show?

In a party situtation I am on the people making it go with a swing but underneath I am actualy pretty unhappy, but I am just very good at hiding it.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say they are OK in VERY small doses. I've had much experience with this type of person!

ReputationRep:
    Too many groutchy people in the world anyway. I'm not happy all the time, just most of it. And do all you people prefer people who are constantly miserable then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    Too many groutchy people in the world anyway. I'm not happy all the time, just most of it. And do all you people prefer people who are constantly miserable then?
    Too true!!

ReputationRep:
    it is boring when you cant annoy someone because there to happy

ReputationRep:
    However how do you know its not just a show?
    If someone is happy all of the time, then a lot of it must be for show, as everyone has downs in their life... However, I'd rather someone was putting on happiness for show than just being depressed all the time... Especially those that could easily be happy, they're just too stubborn. I know that is sometimes the case as I have been like that before.
    As to whether or not it annoys me, it depends on how 'in your face' it is. There are people that run up to you practically screaming 'I'm happy! I'm happy!' They obviously deserve a punch in the face. However, happy people who are meek about it are not annoying, they're usually fun to be around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leaby)
    If someone is happy all of the time, then a lot of it must be for show, as everyone has downs in their life... However, I'd rather someone was putting on happiness for show than just being depressed all the time... Especially those that could easily be happy, they're just too stubborn. I know that is sometimes the case as I have been like that before.
    As to whether or not it annoys me, it depends on how 'in your face' it is. There are people that run up to you practically screaming 'I'm happy! I'm happy!' They obviously deserve a punch in the face. However, happy people who are meek about it are not annoying, they're usually fun to be around.
    I think you may be right there. Anybody who runs up to you saying, "I'm happy! I'm happy!" (unless they are always upset, in which case just slap them) does deserve a punch in the face. So that must mean I don't come across that way too much, as I've only been punched in the face by three different people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leaby)
    I don't know how you managed it but some how you made me laugh. I think this line did it for me "They obviously deserve a punch in the face" you sounded so sincere and serious its great.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how you managed it but some how you made me laugh. I think this line did it for me "They obviously deserve a punch in the face" you sounded so sincere and serious its great.

Thanks
    Wow... I hardly ever make people laugh Thanks! I'm a big fan of dry humour.

ReputationRep:
    im a strange twist on your constantly happy people.

i annoy the people i live with imensly because im happy and running around as soon as im out of bed and that usually before 7.30am! but that doesnt mean i dont *****...i do, im just nice to everyone's faces so seem constantly happy!

so mayb this is what that guy is actually doing.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    Well I certainly envy people who are happy all the time - but i doubt that's possible that they are. Maybe they are just trying very hard to be. I prefer happy people to those who are always depressed though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    im a strange twist on your constantly happy people.

i annoy the people i live with imensly because im happy and running around as soon as im out of bed and that usually before 7.30am! but that doesnt mean i dont *****...i do, im just nice to everyone's faces so seem constantly happy!

so mayb this is what that guy is actually doing.

love Katy ***
    Is that guy me? I'm only occationally goofily happy, but usually modestly happy. And everybody has there nasty moments, it's just that some people spend more time being miserable than others.

ReputationRep:
    However how do you know its not just a show?
    I suppose I really mean I'm happy with my life, even though many aspects could be better (although changing one aspect would probably result in some of the others deteriorating). Because of that, I sulk very little.

But if you mean people who, when you are feeling a little down, rub your face in it that they're happy, then that can be very annoying. However, I'd rather hang around with people who are more happy than miserable.

ReputationRep:
    I feel that super happy people start to bug me after a certain period of time, and then one just wants to start a pointless argument with them or soemthing!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.