Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Lately I've been feeling really down :[ the other night in a club a guy approached me and implied that i was slightly overweight... he called me a "beached whale" :[ does it mean that he thinks I have a deep voice do you think? Ive always known i was a little on the large side... im a size 16... but I didnt think it was that noticeable :s. I wear a lot of black to hide my size, but that night i was wearing a little miniskirt because my mate thought it looked hot... even though I thought i looked a little rough... i dunno.

I dont have many mates, most of them are ones I've met over the internet... I've never had a boyfriend and I'm 18 now. Never even kissed a boy. Is there something wrong with me? I feel like asking guys... I dont think im ugly despite my weight, I cut my own hair sometimes because my parents see no point in paying for a hairdresser, and I have a little acne on my forehead but nothing serious. I dye my hair on occasion, at the moment its strawberry blonde and i quite like it, so it cant be my hair... people have even said it makes me look bubbly and friendly, but they could be lying :[ thats the problem with me lately, i keep thinking everyones lying to me... i dont trust anyones comments anymore.. urghhh

There's this boy in my school, he's a year below me, year 12, and I reaaaalllly like him. He asked me the other day which way was it to the sixth form staff room, and we really hit it off, he even gave me a smile when he thanked me and left. Should I ask him out? I think there's a real chemistry, and I'm pretty sure he likes me- he stared at me in form the other day, is this a good sign? I feel really uncomfortable about my weight, but i thought to myself, nothing left to loose huh? Besides he's really dishy and blonde like me and he has lots of mates

Any advice? Is anyone in the same situation as me where they might be uncomfortable with their appearance..? Also, do you think its a good idea to go after this boy? Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    don't ask him out and continue to feel sad. :pierre: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I know how you feel. The only thing I can suggest is do some exercise and eat some really healthy food and you will feel so much better about yourself. It does work! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenNic)
    Lately I've been feeling really down :[ the other night in a club a guy approached me and implied that i was slightly overweight... he called me a "beached whale" :[ does it mean that he thinks I have a deep voice do you think? Ive always known i was a little on the large side... im a size 16... but I didnt think it was that noticeable :s. I wear a lot of black to hide my size, but that night i was wearing a little miniskirt because my mate thought it looked hot... even though I thought i looked a little rough... i dunno.

I dont have many mates, most of them are ones I've met over the internet... I've never had a boyfriend and I'm 18 now. Never even kissed a boy. Is there something wrong with me? I feel like asking guys... I dont think im ugly despite my weight, I cut my own hair sometimes because my parents see no point in paying for a hairdresser, and I have a little acne on my forehead but nothing serious. I dye my hair on occasion, at the moment its strawberry blonde and i quite like it, so it cant be my hair... people have even said it makes me look bubbly and friendly, but they could be lying :[ thats the problem with me lately, i keep thinking everyones lying to me... i dont trust anyones comments anymore.. urghhh

There's this boy in my school, he's a year below me, year 12, and I reaaaalllly like him. He asked me the other day which way was it to the sixth form staff room, and we really hit it off, he even gave me a smile when he thanked me and left. Should I ask him out? I think there's a real chemistry, and I'm pretty sure he likes me- he stared at me in form the other day, is this a good sign? I feel really uncomfortable about my weight, but i thought to myself, nothing left to loose huh? Besides he's really dishy and blonde like me and he has lots of mates

Any advice? Is anyone in the same situation as me where they might be uncomfortable with their appearance..? Also, do you think its a good idea to go after this boy? Thanks x
    You sound really hot :love:

Go for it.

ReputationRep:
    do you do exercise?

ReputationRep:
    Calling you a 'beached whale' usually refers to being fat, I doubt he was talking about your voice. Sorry.

If you thought you looked rough and didn't feel confident in the clothes you wore, then you should have worn something else.

Unless you manage to do it relatively well, do not cut your own hair. If you're parents won't pay for it doing properly, get a job and pay for it yourself. It doesn't have to be a lot, some places charge £20 max for a cut and blow dry.

As for the boy at school, he smiled at you because you helped him. It doesn't mean he fancies you and imo, you certainly shouldn't ask him out.

If you're that unhappy about your weight, then do something about it

ReputationRep:
    join the club love. :rolleyes:

If you want help and motivation losing weight join http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1150021

:yep:

ReputationRep:

1)Loose weight. Size 16 is big. You'll feel healthier and happier for it as well, so win win situation.
    2)Your change in diet may help your acne - fatty foods can lead to greasy skin, and therefore spots.
    3)Go to a decent hairstylists. A good haircut can make a huge difference in appearance.
    4)Don't ask him out until you are happy with yourself.

Good luck with whatever you decide and hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Right. I think your best option would be to stop eating... for hmm, maybe a few months- stop cutting your own hair- it's never going to be good. Don't wear mini skirts if you think you look rough- wear something else! I think if i was a size 16 i wouldn't wear them... you can find something else nice to wear. Just go on diet.. join weightwatchers or something and then feel positive about yourself- sure you can get a top bloke then!

ReputationRep:
    none of you understand how i feel............................ ................................ .. :[

ReputationRep:
    why dont you get off your ass and work out, instead of feeling sorry for yourself

excersize and a diet that works
    will make you feel on top of the world
    like really high (on energy) every day
    and your confidence will be unusually high too!

ReputationRep:
    I really resent the way people seem to be implying that all this girls problems will be fixed if she lost a little weight or "stopped eating for a few months"
    This is how eating disorders begin - when an unhappy person gets it into their head that everything will slot into place if they lose weight. It won't, I can tell you from experience. Please don't try to lose weight. Eat a sensible diet with the occasional treat and do some light exercise every day. Thats the way to be happy and healthy. If you lose weight on a sensible diet then so be it. If you don't then so be it. It's not all about the weight, it's about being healthy =] xx

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly how you feel. Ignore all the rest of the comments on this page, they seem to be from people who don't understand.

In terms of the guy in the club, he was an ass. If your friend said you looked hot then chances are to most of the guys you looked hot. Size isnt everything, I myself can't stand a skinny lass, curves is where it's at.

With regards to the guy in year 12, just talk to him and get a bit more friendly with him, dont go straight in to asking him out, that bit comes later. You can't really judge on one or two conversations :P

Hope this helps x

ReputationRep:
    Nothing is more disgusting than a fat girl.

If you want to get ****, possibly by someone who is not a total loser, you will have to get fit.

But fear not, as it is possible if you have enough motivation.
    Just eat below maintenance level and exercise (sweating) 45mins x 5 times a week.

ReputationRep:
    i agree freiza, if you want to have respectful guys, that take pride in there appearance and health, you must do the same, so work that ass off. and NO WERE NOT SAYING BECOME ANEREXIC, were SAYING GET HEALTHY

ReputationRep:

Loose weight? I did.
    Go to the gym. Cut **** food. Its not hard. I lost 3 stone in about 9 months.
    Then you'll stop being depressed and you'll get more confidence, pull off shorts skirts and actually get a BF. Not desperatly searching for any sign.

ReputationRep:

go to the gym...take care of urself and start loving urself.....turn ur depression into motivation...u are still very young.......look i hate to hear stories like this........u seem to have a lot of potentials...please help urself by loosing some weight....eat less!!!!!!!!!!!how hard could that be......get on a diet........i hate when a girl is cute facial but "fat"...thats like a waste of beauty, well ,physical beauty......just loose the fat...please...promise me u will start working out?

ReputationRep:
    none of you understand how i feel............................ ................................ .. :[
    What did you expect? That some self-righteous person would suggest something like this:

You don't need to do anything, there is always someone out there for you. Don't bother worrying about exercise or actually changing your figure just have confidence and be yourself.

Yeah that sounds just peachy but most of the time people can just solve the problem rather than just ignoring it.

I do not suggest asking the bloke out, you have known him how long?

When mentioned you "really hit it off" with him, was the whole interaction how you described? Most people smile when someone has aided them, doesn't mean they fancy them...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.