Turn on thread page Beta

fujitsu laptop won't start, stuck at windows vista screen watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone could help please.

My laptop won't start up but instead gets stuck at the Vista screen.

When I tried pressing F8 before windows starts, I can't get a safe mode option, or find the "Last Known Good Configuration (Advanced) option".

Can you help???

ReputationRep:
    Try a different keyboard? I've never seen a PC that could get to the Windows logo that couldn't get to Safe Mode or LKGC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Try a different keyboard? I've never seen a PC that could get to the Windows logo that couldn't get to Safe Mode or LKGC.
    Thanks.

Emm. the keyboard works (and I have an external one, which works too). There are only two options:

1) run windows diagnosis (or something)
    2) run normally

I've tried 1 and 2 at least 5 times each... still nothing... any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Lol i have a fujitsu laptop and needed to get into safe mode and couldnt during start up, eventually i did, but that was only after i logged in and changed setting so the laptop started up in safe mode and then changed it back

ReputationRep:
    how did you log in if you can't get windows to run?? I can't get into windows.

ReputationRep:
    What model is your laptop?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Comp_Genius)
    Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone could help please.

My laptop won't start up but instead gets stuck at the Vista screen.

When I tried pressing F8 before windows starts, I can't get a safe mode option, or find the "Last Known Good Configuration (Advanced) option".

Can you help???
    Are you sure it wont start.. about 1 week after getting a laptop with windows vista on, it takes about 5minutes to start up, it displays the welcome note from windows vista, then there's a black screen for about 5 minutes, and then you can start using it, you've probablly tried waiting for it to start though im guessing

ReputationRep:
    as soon as you've pressed the power button, have you repeatedly pressed F8 until something appears on screen?
    or only pressed it once?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks it's fixed.

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    What model is your laptop?
    Fujitsu Lifebook S series..

(Original post by anandv05)
    Are you sure it wont start.. about 1 week after getting a laptop with windows vista on, it takes about 5minutes to start up, it displays the welcome note from windows vista, then there's a black screen for about 5 minutes, and then you can start using it, you've probablly tried waiting for it to start though im guessing
    Yepyep, thanks for suggestion. it was stuck in the welcome screen.. tried leaving it for half an hour.

(Original post by alexsheppard11)
    as soon as you've pressed the power button, have you repeatedly pressed F8 until something appears on screen?
    or only pressed it once?
    Yepyep. It only gave me two options: start normally or start the repair thing. No option for 'last good configuration' or 'safe mode'.

But I managed to get it working (after about 3 hours of trying!) by turning the laptop upside down and turning it on!

I've not dared to turn it off since. I might do that before I fly back home when I can get a new one, to see if the safe mode option appears. Will let you know.

Thanks a lot!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.