Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am in the process of applying for a secondary pgce in maths, but still have a few crucial things to get done like equivalency tests and work experience (!) am i being unrealistic in thinking there will still be vacancies (oxford) in a month or two?

also anyone doing the maths pgce at oxford, any thoughts, experiences, words of wisdom?

thanks,

nemunoki

ReputationRep:
    very unrealistic - sorry.....

ReputationRep:
    I am in the progress of applying now. If you REALLY want to get in this year, you'll need to set your sights a lot lower than Oxford, especially if you haven't even done any work experience yet! Oxford have probably allocated the majority of their places already. Sorry

ReputationRep:
    just thought i'd put this in so others applying late are not discouraged ... i wrote to oxford about my lack of experience, they said to apply anyway, i did and now have an interview. so it is possible and realistic !

hope you are successful linkdapink.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    For secondary mathematics, many institutions still accept people in August for a September start.

ReputationRep:
    Well done for getting an interview. You are lucky because your subject is maths...had it been something more popular like history and english, I think it is very likely that you would have failed to get a place at most unis, but well done!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.