Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am in the process of applying for a secondary pgce in maths, but still have a few crucial things to get done like equivalency tests and work experience (!) am i being unrealistic in thinking there will still be vacancies (oxford) in a month or two?

also anyone doing the maths pgce at oxford, any thoughts, experiences, words of wisdom?

thanks,

nemunoki

ReputationRep:
    very unrealistic - sorry.....

ReputationRep:
    I am in the progress of applying now. If you REALLY want to get in this year, you'll need to set your sights a lot lower than Oxford, especially if you haven't even done any work experience yet! Oxford have probably allocated the majority of their places already. Sorry

ReputationRep:
    just thought i'd put this in so others applying late are not discouraged ... i wrote to oxford about my lack of experience, they said to apply anyway, i did and now have an interview. so it is possible and realistic !

hope you are successful linkdapink.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    For secondary mathematics, many institutions still accept people in August for a September start.

ReputationRep:
    Well done for getting an interview. You are lucky because your subject is maths...had it been something more popular like history and english, I think it is very likely that you would have failed to get a place at most unis, but well done!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.