Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’ve been with my boyfriend for 7 months now, he used to have the perfect body, to match my to die for figure. But recently he seems to have got too comfortable in our relationship and has developed severe man boobs. OMG. I tried to tell him but it seemed to be a touchy subject, but it’s a complete turnoff. What should I do and how should I tell him? Is buying a bra the only option left?!? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god SCANDALOUS! Time to shop for a new boyfriend?

ReputationRep:
    suggets going to the gym together? get lots of posters of moobless men? start poking them and jiggling them, LOL.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Go to the gym together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metrostation22)
    suggets going to the gym together? get lots of posters of moobless men? start poking them and jiggling them, LOL.
    yes, this is the answer! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themat)
    gtfo
    I agree.
    How about, instead of trying to change him, you accept him as he is. It's obviously a sensitive subject for him. How would you feel if you were really flat chested or something and he bought you those bra infill things? Probably not great. It's just the same. Nobody wants to feel like they aren't good enough for their partner. And it seems this is exactly how you're making him feel. Cruel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abercrombieandfitbabe)
    to match my to die for figure.:
    I think i'll be the judge of that !!

ReputationRep:
    I agree.
    How about, instead of trying to change him, you accept him as he is. It's obviously a sensitive subject for him. How would you feel if you were really flat chested or something and he bought you those bra infill things? Probably not great. It's just the same. Nobody wants to feel like they aren't good enough for their partner. And it seems this is exactly how you're making him feel. Cruel.
    i agree, but only to a certain extent. physically appearance is naturally going to play a part in attraction and relationships, and while a bit of weight gain here or there can be overlooked, it is important to understand that attraction is a vital part of any relationship, and so it is unfair just to say they are being cruel. if she is actually looking to help change him, i dont think its such a bad thing, its not like shes dumped him straight out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devotchka_)
    I agree.
    I'd be pleased if my boyfriend told me he had a problem with me, at least then I could fix it. It isn't cruel, I'm totally in love with him, it's just not as good as it used to be.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him to put down the fork.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metrostation22)
    i agree, but only to a certain extent. physically appearance is naturally going to play a part in attraction and relationships, and while a bit of weight gain here or there can be overlooked, it is important to understand that attraction is a vital part of any relationship, and so it is unfair just to say they are being cruel. if she is actually looking to help change him, i dont think its such a bad thing, its not like shes dumped him straight out.
    Thanks, this is so true. I feel like you totally understand me.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be pleased if my boyfriend told me he had a problem with me, at least then I could fix it. It isn't cruel, I'm totally in love with him, it's just not as good as it used to be.
    You'd be pleased?
    That's weird.

I agree you must be physically attracted to a person, but personally if I am in love with someone, it is their personality that overrides their looks. Or the personality that makes them look good. If that makes sense. That's my personal experience, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    It's quite off-putting when they're jiggling about on top of me. But I may buy him a gym membership.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't realise 'green and hairy' was to die for...

Get back under your bridge, kthx

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, this is so true. I feel like you totally understand me.
    yeah, dont feel bad about it or let anyone make you feel bad, at least you are being honest and asking for help!! . it is always gonna be a difficult issues to approach someone about, but saying anything outright like 'you've got moobs and its not atractive' probably wont do anything but make him upset, so maybe pick up on something about yourself - eg 'ive noticed ive been gaining a bit of weight around the tummy are recently and i need some motivation to go to the gym will you come with me?' it doesnt have to be true, but hey. also if he does come, keep up the compliments, like wow you are looking much more toned its sexy etc etc. hope that helps!! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devotchka_)
    I agree.

No it's not the same, it's a completely different thing.

- you have no way to get bigger boobs
    - he has loads of ways to reduce his own

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frieza)

It's the same principle, change and enhancement.

ReputationRep:
    There are things you can't change, others that you can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frieza)

That depends upon why he has the problem. If he just has a bit of extra weight all over then you're correct, he could do more exercise and try to lose it. However, if he has 'moobs' due to a hormone imbalance (which is not particularly rare) then it's exactly the same as a female being told she has a flat chest.

I'm pretty sure this is a wind up anyway.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.