Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

I am not sure how many of you run in the snow?

But I got ready and everything to run outside but it's snowing and I just want to get out lol I am training for a 5 k run thingy so it is important that I run lol

So who runs in rain/bad weather?

Shall I go out and run? hmm I don't know what to do! :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    I took my dog for a walk in the snow. It was difficult. That's all I have to input, ha.

ReputationRep:
    Uff I am so frustrated - I hate snow! I really wanna run -cries like a baby- lol! I think I will have to wear extra layers to keep me warm because I don't want to get a cold hmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous.)
    Hey Guys,

I am not sure how many of you run in the snow?

But I got ready and everything to run outside but it's snowing and I just want to get out lol I am training for a 5 k run thingy so it is important that I run lol

So who runs in rain/bad weather?

Shall I go out and run? hmm I don't know what to do! :shifty:
    Run from your room to your kitchen, to n fro

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you have an extra layer on, preferably not cotton cos that'll just absorb your sweat and in the cold you need to keep clothes dry! Also put on a breathable waterproof jacket, gloves and hat.
    If its icy (which I doubt) I wouldn't go for a run, but if the snow you have is anything like here then its not settling so I'd go for it. Just make sure you do a proper warm up and stretch because the cold will tighten your muscles and don't push yourself too hard.

ReputationRep:
    If Rocky could pull a truck in snow, you can run in snow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wren)
    Make sure you have an extra layer on, preferably not cotton cos that'll just absorb your sweat and in the cold you need to keep clothes dry! Also put on a breathable waterproof jacket, gloves and hat.
    If its icy (which I doubt) I wouldn't go for a run, but if the snow you have is anything like here then its not settling so I'd go for it. Just make sure you do a proper warm up and stretch because the cold will tighten your muscles and don't push yourself too hard.
    aww thanks Wren + 1 your way.

I don't have anything waterproof and I have only a posh looking hat which won't be suited for this weather I have gloves though

I am not sure what I can wear - I am just wearing a tshirt underneath a warm hoody - I have packed away a shawl with me with a scarf? Not sure what else I can use ...

It is not icy its just rainy/snowy quite wet really.

ReputationRep:
    well it stopped raining so I better run as much as I can brb

ReputationRep:
    I like to do it sometimes.Once I drank with friend a little at New Year or something like that.And we went to the park at night,there were no any lamp,but we had moonlight.We went from the road and ran somewhere.So we ran,until he fell several times and finally ran on the tree.:p: After that we returned at country-house and drank tea. The main thing - I don't risk to run over the ponds ice at winter.
    If I'll make run-advanture next time - I'll run to forest lake.Rather interesting place.Rather far.There are no lamps too,I was there at summer day.I wonder how nice is local winter night on the shore there if to take some hot tea there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous.)
    aww thanks Wren + 1 your way.

I don't have anything waterproof and I have only a posh looking hat which won't be suited for this weather I have gloves though

I am not sure what I can wear - I am just wearing a tshirt underneath a warm hoody - I have packed away a shawl with me with a scarf? Not sure what else I can use ...

It is not icy its just rainy/snowy quite wet really.
    haha what do you do when it rains!? I suppose you can't really run with an umbrella :p:

Gloves are better than nothing, and you'll heat up when you get into your run, but remember wet clothes/footwear cause more friction therefore chafing then blisters, so if you notice you're getting particularly drenched head home for a cuppa cos you don't want to catch a cold with your race coming up!

Yes, you can. Wear warm clothes and good trainers, so you don't slip

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingers)
    Listen to the man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingers)
    What made you think that was a good video to put in your sig!? :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wren)
    haha what do you do when it rains!? I suppose you can't really run with an umbrella :p:
    I put my special cloak in such moments and boots.:p: And everything OK.

ReputationRep:
    last time it snowed heavily, me and a few mates were playing footie the other week when it was snowing in the park for a few hours. Most of us wore one layer of clothes so it ain't that bad

ReputationRep:
    My goodness I came back and I am feeling a bit woozy a bit weak infact! It was sooo cold and soo windy and I live right in the middle of the city so it's not nice with all the cars and stuff.

I think I am going to whip up something to eat and will have to join a gym till this stupid whether sort's itself out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wren)

Gloves are better than nothing, and you'll heat up when you get into your run, but remember wet clothes/footwear cause more friction therefore chafing then blisters, so if you notice you're getting particularly drenched head home for a cuppa cos you don't want to catch a cold with your race coming up!
    Lol I was with a gym! So I did not have the need to run with an umbrella

I think I need to join the gym again uff so frustrating - I was trying to save up but now I am opted to join the gym bohoo.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.