Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,
    I was just wondering if anyone has accpeted an offer to study at Stirling University this year?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    no but if i get an offer they willl be my insurance choice.. Have you got an offer ?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, ive accepted a conditional offer as my firm choice! what are you going to study?
    oh sorry, i just realised that u already told me lol that sounds good! Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    yeah i have accepted an unconditional offer to study secondary education, will be moving over from ireland so i'll be on my tobler so if ya see someone wandering around looking lost its probably me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seani)
    yeah i have accepted an unconditional offer to study secondary education, will be moving over from ireland so i'll be on my tobler so if ya see someone wandering around looking lost its probably me!
    There's a massive Irish contingient here - I work with 5 different Irish people who go to the uni and that's a quarter of the staff at my work. I wouldn't worry about being alone or not having anyone to relate to. Though do expect to just be known as Irish.

ReputationRep:
    i havent heard anything from stirling yet.. HURRY UP!

ReputationRep:
    I've a conditional to study english & history with Stirling but I'm worried that it's going to be a nearly 70 mile round trip every day and as a very mature student I don't want to live in halls - don't think they would accept my rottie!

I've an interview with UHI next week so will wait and see if I get accepted with them before making my decision - I know Stirling has a much better reputation than UHI, but it's the travelling that is putting me off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aruwen)
    I've a conditional to study english & history with Stirling but I'm worried that it's going to be a nearly 70 mile round trip every day and as a very mature student I don't want to live in halls - don't think they would accept my rottie!

I've an interview with UHI next week so will wait and see if I get accepted with them before making my decision - I know Stirling has a much better reputation than UHI, but it's the travelling that is putting me off!
    Why don't you get a flat in stirling near the station? Then you can goto uni for however long and jump on the train to perth :p:

ReputationRep:
    My parents live in the Hillfoots so I'm planning on crashing with them! I'm told that I should only be in classes for a max of three days a week, so the commute up and down should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Hey there Ronar,
    Since you already study at Stirling, i was just wondering if you could tell me what it's like? Do you enjoy it?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simmy_04)
    Hey there Ronar,
    Since you already study at Stirling, i was just wondering if you could tell me what it's like? Do you enjoy it?
    Thanks
    I LOVE it, it's lovley. The course structures great Iv e changed course already. the sport facilities are awesome. Hall's are basic but it's all about who you live with. I have a great hall so that's fab

Also 10 minute walks to seminars are fantastic

View from my room last month

Just had a two month break and refreshers is on monday, but I dunno if thats a downside or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    I LOVE it, it's lovley. The course structures great Iv e changed course already. the sport facilities are awesome. Hall's are basic but it's all about who you live with. I have a great hall so that's fab

Just had a two month break and refreshers is on monday, but I dunno if thats a downside or not
    Do you not think this Christmas break is ridiculously long? I've been climbing up the walls since the middle of January and just can't wait for Wednesday to come.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marieisfab)
    Do you not think this Christmas break is ridiculously long? I've been climbing up the walls since the middle of January and just can't wait for Wednesday to come.
    Yeah my mum and dad are driving me up tommorow to get rid of me

I dunno how i'll manage summer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Yeah my mum and dad are driving me up tommorow to get rid of me

I dunno how i'll manage summer!
    I was incredibly bored last summer - I didn't have a job and spent the three months watching rubbish day time telly, old films and doing nothing. It seemed to go quicker than this winter break though, even though I've had a job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)

Thanks Ronar, it sounds really good. i can't wait to start!

ReputationRep:
    i just got an unconditional for english and history at stirling and im 95% sure im going to accept it anyone else thinking about that course?

ReputationRep:
    I've accepted an unconditional to do a BA in Economics & Law

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melanie_S)
    i just got an unconditional for english and history at stirling and im 95% sure im going to accept it anyone else thinking about that course?
    My friends doing that and she loves it Loads of people particularly love history

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connorrr)
    I've accepted an unconditional to do a BA in Economics & Law
    The first two BA law modules (Introduction to Law and Business Law) are quite interesting as long as you have a good tutor, I really enjoyed Introduction to Law, but hated Business Law.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from the Philosophy department? I'm yet to hear, not even an acknowledgment, I already have the grades needed and surpass them quite some. I'm starting to consider it more and more but I'd like to visit it before I make my mind up fully

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 6, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Stirling
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  2. University of Stirling
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.