Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popcornmaster)
    Has anyone heard back from the Philosophy department? I'm yet to hear, not even an acknowledgment, I already have the grades needed and surpass them quite some. I'm starting to consider it more and more but I'd like to visit it before I make my mind up fully
    Definitely make a visit to Stirling if you can - it'll probably make up your mind 100% if you manage to come here on a sunny day. The campus is beautiful in Spring, Summer and Autumn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melanie_S)
    i just got an unconditional for english and history at stirling and im 95% sure im going to accept it anyone else thinking about that course?
    I also applied for English & History, have a conditional offer, at the moment I´m pretty sure to put it as my firm choice! What made you choose Stirling? Have you visited the place (because I havent as I am a bit far away from Scotland right now and I thought maybe you know a bit more about the uni than I do...)

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Stirling for Biology.
    If I get a chance I will visit the uni and city in summer.
    (If they offer me a place, of course )

ReputationRep:
    have just put Stirling as my insurance for Sociology & Criminology

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Stirling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melanie_S)
    i just got an unconditional for english and history at stirling and im 95% sure im going to accept it anyone else thinking about that course?
    I am doing history and I'm in my first year. It is an amazing course, but I know alot of people find the Scottish one quite tedious at times but it is made better by the more exciting parts!! The lecturers are pretty awesome aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenima)
    I also applied for English & History, have a conditional offer, at the moment I´m pretty sure to put it as my firm choice! What made you choose Stirling? Have you visited the place (because I havent as I am a bit far away from Scotland right now and I thought maybe you know a bit more about the uni than I do...)
    All my friends LOVE history here, I know someone doing scotish history but she's switched over and is loving it. I personally don't understand the attraction :p: But it seems if you like history then you'll love it here.

English, my friends doing that too but she's liking history and politics so much shes gonna drop it :p: But yeah she's enjoying both courses

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick note to remind anyone thinking of coming to Stirling that the exam periods for Stirling are pretty different compared to everyone else. For this semester, the first exam isn't until the 18th of May, with the last being on the 2nd of June!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marieisfab)
    Just a quick note to remind anyone thinking of coming to Stirling that the exam periods for Stirling are pretty different compared to everyone else. For this semester, the first exam isn't until the 18th of May, with the last being on the 2nd of June!
    What a depressing reminder that I should be studying and I am not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    What a depressing reminder that I should be studying and I am not
    First year exams don't count for anything. You just need the credits tog et into honours. It's this time next year you'll need certain grades to actually get into honours!

ReputationRep:
    im off to stirling this september!!! glad i decided to go for it............i think haha! scary thought moving but ive only heard good things sooo im pretty chuffed can anyone tell me when the welcome packs are sent out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jem_telf)
    im off to stirling this september!!! glad i decided to go for it............i think haha! scary thought moving but ive only heard good things sooo im pretty chuffed can anyone tell me when the welcome packs are sent out?
    yea, i think they send them out once our exam results come through have u got a conditional or unconditional offer btw?

ReputationRep:
    Welcome packs are sent out after exam results come through and have everything you need to apply for halls and to choose your modules. Keep in mind halls fill up fast so you'll want to grab your post quickly that day and apply as soon as possible.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meera1302)
    I have accepted an unconditional offer for MBA sep 2010.
    Congustatulations

And welcome to the student room :p:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    hi rona,

although i have accepted the offer, i am still a bit confused. could u guide me which one of the foll uni has a bettr reputation in uk as the league tables are quite confusing:
    stirling, ulster(ireland), hertfordshire, bangor.
    I'm not sure about the others but Stirling was the sunday times best scottish university for this year It depends on what subject you are doing though.

Overall I feel reputation is useless, and you should not take league tables into account unless looking up the very specific subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    I'm not sure about the others but Stirling was the sunday times best scottish university for this year It depends on what subject you are doing though.

Overall I feel reputation is useless, and you should not take league tables into account unless looking up the very specific subjects.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=109966995712717&re f=ts

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I will be doing my MBA. Stirling ranks higher than most of these universities but all my friends who stay in England are unable to comment on scottish universities. And worst part being all of them have given a different opinion which made me confused.

I am not eligible to apply to any of the top 10 uni because although I have good work experience of abt 3 and 1/2 years my grades in the final year of graduation were low. This is my only drawback.

According to you should I go ahead with Stirling for my MBA? or any other suggestions......
    In general, Stirling is a very middle of the road university, academically of course. There are several uni's which are more highly regarded (Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen), but there are also many uni's in Scotland which are seen as below Stirling (Napier, University of West Scotland). It has some of the best sports facilities of any uni though and also has one of the most beautiful campuses of any uni in Scotland.

I'm sure I've seen a few people wandering around the uni who are doing MBA's (they all seem to have the same bag from the uni to make them easily identifiable for some reason) and they all look happy enough.

It really depends on what you are looking for out of doing your course here: do you want to have an enjoyable expierence as well as a qualification, or do you want to have just a qualification? If it's the latter, then looking somewhere more prestegious might be the best plan for you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.