Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simmy_04)
    yea, i think they send them out once our exam results come through have u got a conditional or unconditional offer btw?

i hav an unconditional but the uni sent me an email saying everything i need would be sent out soon so i feel a bit better now ive heard something back r u going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meera1302)
    thanks marie.....
    i am an intl student and out of all the uni dat have sent me offers, stirling is the best... the others who have a better reputation for business mgmt studies like aberdeen, edinburgh etc act really smart with intl applicants. although i do not meet up with their criteria they havent rejected me yet ( i had sent my application 2 and 1/2 mnths ago ). this is mainly because if at last moment they have seats vacant they prefer to allocate it to intl applicants as we pay 3 times the fee. i was mainly confused whether its worth waiting for them to reply or else should i go ahead wid stirling...:woo:
    only after discovering TSR i realized stirling is good. Most of the current students have recommended it.
    a good degree is my priority, fun is imp bt not my priority...........

do u think dat ultimately it depends on us what we do with our degrees ....... or else our future depends on which university's tag we have ???
    It does not matter how presigious the university itself is, it matters on what subject you are doing.

Stirling is 11th in the UK for philosophy, much higher than glasgow and edinburugh. The caledonian university is good for nursing. Strathhclyde is good for business.

I think if you like a university you should go there regardless of 'prestige'. No employers really care about what uni you went to anyway, it really should not be an issue.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meera1302)
    thanks a lot.. u really helped me to make up my find

most of the confusion in now gone...

thanks
    No problem i'm here to help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jem_telf)
    i hav an unconditional but the uni sent me an email saying everything i need would be sent out soon so i feel a bit better now ive heard something back r u going?
    Aw cool well hopefully, i hav a conditional offer and i accepted it as my firm

ReputationRep:
    i have just applied for accommodation at Stirling university i am so nervous however very excited to attend in september and meet new people. Had great difficulty though trying to decide whether to apply for Murray halls or AKD halls. Anyone applied for AK Davidson halls for 2010?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    It does not matter how presigious the university itself is, it matters on what subject you are doing.

Stirling is 11th in the UK for philosophy, much higher than glasgow and edinburugh. The caledonian university is good for nursing. Strathhclyde is good for business.

I think if you like a university you should go there regardless of 'prestige'. No employers really care about what uni you went to anyway, it really should not be an issue.
    A recent study found only 7% of employers actually care about what university you went to - which is lucky for us!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jem_telf)
    Welcome packs with everything you need for accommodation and module selections are sent out to Scottish students on results day or the day after - can't quite remember now, it feels like a long time ago that I was in your shoes.

ReputationRep:
    When do we get our welcome packs if our offer is a conditional?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christy123)
    When do we get our welcome packs if our offer is a conditional?
    When did exam results come out? If it was yesterday (and it was in the post and not just the online ones) and you met your conditions then it'll be today or tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    I think it was today, but I got my results mid-July so fingers crossed my track will change soon

ReputationRep:
    i made a **** up of my portal .. forgot username :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deadmau)
    i made a **** up of my portal .. forgot username :/
    Shouldn't be that hard to guess.
    It's usually the 1st letter of your 1st name + the 1st letter of your second name + the 1st letter of your surname + 0000*

So.... if your name was James Ben Foster..... you'd try

jbf00001
    jbf00002
    jbf00003... etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Neon-)
    Shouldn't be that hard to guess.
    It's usually the 1st letter of your 1st name + the 1st letter of your second name + the 1st letter of your surname + 0000*

So.... if your name was James Ben Foster..... you'd try

jbf00001
    jbf00002
    jbf00003... etc
    No lck , thanks anyway i'll just wait to tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    my problem is that i have no middle name to confused now :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deadmau)
    my problem is that i have no middle name to confused now :/
    I got mine through today and it was the first two letters of my first name, followed by my last name and a random string of numbers. and I have a middle name

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how they work it, My mates middle name is Ian but his username is jaf, my girlfriends is Jessica and hers is kjm.

ReputationRep:
    They don't always use your middle name. My boyfriends initals are DMC, but his username is DUC (first two letters of first name and first letter of surname). The "random" string of letters isn't entirely random. It's the number of person you are to use those initals in your username. So while something like DUC will end in 00001, something more common like MAM might end in 00056.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.