Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do people always fall for their f*** buddy? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Howcome most/a lot of people say f*** buddy relationships are a bad idea, as one person's always gonna end up falling for the other person?

If it's not friends with benefits, but just a sleep with each other, see ya later situation, then there's not much chance it will happen right?

ReputationRep:
    So long as you don't text or ever meet up with them or even hang about after it should be fine. Don't even talk to them to much.

You're usually sexually attracted to your sex buddy anyway so by doing these things feelings can develop.

When two Exs start having sex and call themselves sex buddies its the most ridiculous idea i've ever heard.

ReputationRep:
    always a possibility, depends on the reasons for you both going into it.

i've had a similarish thing work short term over a few weeks. then i moved to uni so it ended. no clue what would have happened if it went on longer though

ReputationRep:
    could do. it would probably be more of an infatuation than anything else though, if the other person is really good and really attractive. don't think it'd be possible to fall in love or anything though, if it was just physical. but infatuation, yes. and a lot of people think they are in love when they're infatuated.

ReputationRep:
    It won't happen if you have several.

ReputationRep:
    How many people can do the "shag - cya" situation. If your attracted enough to have sex, you'll presumably want to spend a bit of time talking after sex or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    Hm I used to hang around after and chat a lot to my FwB before I got my BF. I never fell for him and we're still great friends.

ReputationRep:
    If this paradigm is used as a tool to satisfy the party members' libidos, with feelings completely absent, then it seems like a plausible idea.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I had a f-buddy that used to literally chuck me out after sex. I knew it was that kind of relationship, but felt hurt by it nonetheless.
    I didn't fall for him. because I didn't actually like him as a person, but if I had done, then I would have found it difficult to seperate lust and otehr romantic feelings.

ReputationRep:
    Lol past FB turned into a psycho...
    First time that's happened and hopefully the last.

(Original post by ijustlovetolearn)
    When two Exs start having sex and call themselves sex buddies its the most ridiculous idea i've ever heard.
    What's so ridiculous about it? I've done it :dontknow:

And it worked perfectly fine. It was a lot more 'FWBs' than sex buddies though, because it was a friendship, not a shag and leave.

ReputationRep:
    pm me for "shag and gtfo".

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't do it, I suppose it happened with an ex boyfriend but the feelings were still there on my side and all he wanted from me was that afterwards. I was stupid. But I suppose it depends on you and the type of person involved. Everyone is different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrs.fry)
    Yeah, I had a f-buddy that used to literally chuck me out after sex. I knew it was that kind of relationship, but felt hurt by it nonetheless.
    I didn't fall for him. because I didn't actually like him as a person, but if I had done, then I would have found it difficult to seperate lust and otehr romantic feelings.
    Okay, so surely you must of enjoyed his sex or not? or perhaps you were imagining someone else besides him. Don't get me wrong, i just don't understand the idea of f-buddy so for not being fallen into him or were you after 'disco stick' purely? If rejected, does that make you have a new f-buddy or him again?

You don't have to comment, i guess i am asking in some what personal but yeah..i just can't see how f-buddy don't share an 'ounce' of feelings

ReputationRep:
    There is something possessive about sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kreuzuerk)
    There is something possessive about sex.
    You mean, people who fall for their FB feel possessive about sex? Because there are certainly a lot of people who couldn't care less about what/who their FB does.

ReputationRep:
    girls always get more emotionally involved than guys, most guys have more of an ability to do FWB and have little emotional involvement whereas girls always want more. well this is what i found, it wasn't good, but if you think you can do the FWB then go for it

ReputationRep:
    I'd say generally one of the two gets too emotionally involved - So ~50% of people. There will always be people who don't fall for eachother like that and also those who do actually get together so they cancel eachother out really...

ReputationRep:
    ive got a friend who i go out with now and again as a friend..... we're totally straight up with each other.

What i mean is when we first started to chat and stuff, we both told each other what we wanted, worked out we both wanted the same thing (that being, someone to hang out ith, chat, smoke, drink - that wasnt with in our usual string of mates, (hense that i dont know any of his mates and he dont know any of mine, )then if either of us have had a bad day we can hang out, get a hug, kiss etc etc.....) but we both agreed no sex.

Like i said we've been goin out say once a week or so for a catch up, but apart from this outing we rarely talk.

The weekend before last, his parents were away and i went round to his place to watch a d.v.d. - it was planned that i would stay over the night, and it was lovely to spend the night spooning someone that i know likes me for who i am, without any sexual intensions.

ReputationRep:
    I had a FB for a long time - in fact, it's still going on now into it's fourth year. We loved each other at the beginning but we realized we just didn't work as a couple but there was still a lot of sexual feeling so we just carried on - in between each other's other relationships (sometimes during) but after just doing that and becoming accustomed to it, we've both fallen out of love and there's not emotion involved except amicable friendship. I'm sure if there is a possibility you may work as a couple - then of course someone will fall for the other? I guess just as long as you know that sex is all that it is and all it could ever be... then you're not going to fall.

It took me two years to figure it out though! I guess you're always going to feel at a different level with someone you're having sex with than to a normal friend. It's intimate - you're showing them EVERYTHING. So there's got to be something there for that to happen initially, right?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.