Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

At the weekend there me and my boyfriend tried to have sex for the first time together. we are both not virgins, iv been with 2 guys but its been over a year since i last slept with anyone. But when he tried to put it in, it just wouldnt go? i dont understand why when iv been with people before? Have i got tight again because its been that long since i last was with someone? and also it sometimes hurts when he is fingering me. We have agreed to keep trying but its a little embarassing Can someone please try and explain why this is happening? i was really really nervous, could that have anything to do with it?

If you don't have sex for a while then it'll happen. You just need to find a position that's easier to start with and go from there. Get on top of him and you'll find it much easier to start up again.

It's just that you haven't had sex for so long, so your obviously going to be nervous.
    Remember to relax and don't tense up, that may be the main reason. If your tense then it's going to be harder for him. (No pun intended)
    Maybe you need to do more foreplay to ensure you are 'ready'?
    Possibly see you GP if you are still having troubles after seeking advice.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.