Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    Shes working this weekend so basically she doesn't have the night off on sunday. How can i get her spent time alone the whole day?

Also i don't want her to get sacked from work too.

Or i could meet her at work and keep her company but that's lame in my opinion. Its nice to get away from work and relax.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Its lame that you think you have to do something on Valentines day when there are 364 other days that you can hang out/buy gifts for each other/do something romantic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamc)
    Its lame that you think you have to do something on Valentines day when there are 364 other days that you can hang out/buy gifts for each other/do something romantic.
    True, i understand your point. I guess you can say, girls talk. Imagine her going back to work, a girl from work saying to her, how was your valentines day? Something a girl can remember those good moments and be able to share that experience.

I want her to feel special, is there wrong for me doing that?

ReputationRep:
    Is she working all day and the evening too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fourdigit)
    True, i understand your point. I guess you can say, girls talk. Imagine her going back to work, a girl from work saying to her, how was your valentines day? Something a girl can remember those good moments and be able to share that experience.

I want her to feel special, is there wrong for me doing that?
    Or she could just say "I was at work".

Doing something romantic on a random day is more of a surprise, more thoughtful and more memorable than doing something on a day when you are expected to. Why do you need Valentine's day to make her feel special? Why can't you do it on any other day of the year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamc)
    Or she could just say "I was at work".

Doing something romantic on a random day is more of a surprise, more thoughtful and more memorable than doing something on a day when you are expected to. Why do you need Valentine's day to make her feel special? Why can't you do it on any other day of the year?
    Yes and True, its more of a surprise on a random day, i agree. Girls love surprises but then again, doesn't mean to say i won't surprise her on valentine's day. Why a sunday aka valentine's day you ask? i guess you could say, its the sunday and tuesday and wednesdays i'm free and on the weekends, she isn't and well, surprise...valentines days on sunday. I could re-arrange it on another day, which i can but i would highly imagine, people on that day will be with their loved ones. For her to be working, no doubt, she will be looking at those romantic couples having fun and would wish to do the same rather than having to work. People like any other people would like not have to work but its part of life, we have to work to making an earning.

Othersdays in my weeks, i have work, uni + training. Don't get me wrong, it's not like i'm doing special things purely on special occassions, e.g. valentines days, birthday, etc. I also do random surprises on random days

(Original post by punkyrocker)
    Is she working all day and the evening too?
    All day including evening.

ReputationRep:
    make your own valentines day, either the day before or after. as long as its special it will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    no such thing as valentines day peice of crap

ReputationRep:
    Ignore the people saying "Valentine's Day is ****" - if you want to make a big deal of it, then you do that. Each to their own!

Could you not pick her up late after work and cook her a candlelight dinner at your house, or something? Or show up at work with flowers, if she's the type to enjoy that - but don't stay, as you'll just get in the way if she's busy with working. Perhaps you could celebrate Saturday evening. Valentine's day is just meant to bring out the sentiment of treating your partner to some romance, it doesn't have to be exactly on that day - the evening/day before or after is perfectly fine. Sometimes practicality has to overrule what you'd ideally like to do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metrostation22)
    make your own valentines day, either the day before or after. as long as its special it will be fine.
    I think thats probably the best solution i can think of so far, thanks. i'll rep you 2moro.

I could kidnap her from work :P lol i mean, work is work, no one stays in their work for long period of time but is that selfish of me? no doubt finding work may be difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punkyrocker)
    Ignore the people saying "Valentine's Day is ****" - if you want to make a big deal of it, then you do that. Each to their own!

Could you not pick her up late after work and cook her a candlelight dinner at your house, or something? Or show up at work with flowers, if she's the type to enjoy that - but don't stay, as you'll just get in the way if she's busy with working. Perhaps you could celebrate Saturday evening. Valentine's day is just meant to bring out the sentiment of treating your partner to some romance, it doesn't have to be exactly on that day - the evening/day before or after is perfectly fine. Sometimes practicality has to overrule what you'd ideally like to do!
    Yeah, i'm understanding people why they hate valentine day's but thats their past and experience.

I can pick her up late after work like.. no doubt she'd be exhausted.

Flowers, that's a good idea. It is very traditional and well somewhat cheesy but taking it to work does make her special, surely. As for flowers, the only problem is...i don't know what flowers she likes. I mean red roses could do the trick but if she has allergy or hates them. Oh dear.

But yeah, i like your suggestion, probably the most helpful suggestion i've heard by far so far without so much questions. Appreciate it Rep for you too

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.