Turn on thread page Beta

Are you an IB student who waits until a deadline to start working? watch

ReputationRep:
    Heyy!
    I am in my second year of the IB course, so far..the worst year of my life!
    My subjects are:
    HL: english psychology and art
    SL: biology maths studies and french
    I was super enthusiastic about the IB art course, therefore i would create new works all the time! Soon this backfired on me when all of my attention was on art and no other subject. Deadlines crept up and i was in a state of panic! hence i ended up doing work at the very last moment!
    I hope that im not the only one in this catagory (im sure im not)
    but i want all of the IB-ers who wait for the deadline to be near and then start working..... to admit that they do the same =)
    Because i know that i am deffinatly a last minute worker!!!
    Be truthful!!!
    thankyou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    I did both maths portfolio assignments in the last three days before the deadline and the ToK essay the night before it was due.

On the other hand, I wrote most of my extended essay in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    You're definitely not the only one in the category : D I don't seem to get anything done until the last night.
    I wrote my ee in four days and did the first part of my maths portfolio in the last day. Still managed to get relatively good marks from them though : D
    Now I have to do two written tasks for English A2, WL2 for Finnish A1, Swedish and Finnish individual orals, 3 interactive orals for English, TOK essay and Maths portfolio assignment type 2 in two weeks.

ReputationRep:
    I'm an IB art student too and art has taken over all my time! My mocks gave me a 'predicted' mark of 4 for Bio, 2 for Math and a lovely 5 for Art. A 5 in art requires dedication!! D< Man...at least the exam is only 2 months away!

I'm trying now though to keep myself organized and get things started on earlier.

ReputationRep:
    Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :no:

ReputationRep:
    u procrastinates!
    that's bad xP!

well did your art teacher explain to you two years ago that art is going to take up a lot of time??

ReputationRep:
    Only in studying for french...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r a i n b o w. star.dust)
    I'm an IB art student too and art has taken over all my time! My mocks gave me a 'predicted' mark of 4 for Bio, 2 for Math and a lovely 5 for Art. A 5 in art requires dedication!! D< Man...at least the exam is only 2 months away!

I'm trying now though to keep myself organized and get things started on earlier.
    OMG me tooooo....i worked super hard for my art work....and was predicted a horrible 5!! i was atleast expecting a 6....=( well lets see what the examinar ha to say...
    hmm its tru though...art really does take up a lot of time...initially...i was quite reluctant to do any art works and wa mainly focusing on my other subjects...but then near the end of IB 1 through to december of IB2 i was continously creating artworks....which meant that my concentration of other subjects was totaly lacking!!
    now i have to suffer =(
    oh well...i guess that is what you call learning...
    =)
    i am deffinatly preparing for my IOP and IOC in advance!! =)
    hehe

ReputationRep:
    me2, i leave everything to the last minute. I did tht with my EE, Tok essay, world Lit, languageB orals, A1 orals, B&M IA, Tok presentation, Math IA!! the only thing i finished in advance was CAS lol

ReputationRep:
    your lucky that you got CAS out of the way...our school changed our CAS program at the beginning of IB2 so we had to do it all over again...=(
    we had all completed the 150 hours....but then some new CAS was issued by the IB....where instead of the hours..we have to fullfil some criterias..so for us...CAS is kind of going on due to the horrrrrid change in IB2...=(

ReputationRep:
    Also finished my CAS very quick, but only JUST got my EE done LAST WEEK!!!!!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.