Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just had a really big argument with my mum and sister in law over the fact that my "uncle" never stays around his own house where he has his own family.

Every Mondays, i have my day off from college and because i have a big family, i hardly get to watch any tele anymore except on Mondays. However, my "uncle" has this day off from work and he always spends it round my house instead his own. I don't mind him being here but then he always tries to make me do stuff that i don't want to do such as go to shops for him and go town for him etc. while he sits on his fat @rse all day around my house and leaving his wife homealone and hardly seeing his own kids due to the fact he works most days and spends the rest of the time around mine. When i try to watch tele he has a go at me for not having a job and not being a good muslim and i got up and shouted "go to your own home you fat S.O.B". made me feel good and went to my room then my mum and sister in law came in and had i go at me. i told them what i'm saying is right. was i right to have a go at him or was i being a [email protected]?

Sorry for the long thread

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that was out of order.

ReputationRep:
    You did the right thing.

Although I don't think the rest of your family will agree with your very no-nonsense approach.

There must be a reason why he spends the majority of his time at your house: family troubles, maybe?

I don't think that was out of order either, considering how he's behaving :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lust of a Gardener)
    You did the right thing.

Although I don't think the rest of your family will agree with your very no-nonsense approach.

There must be a reason why he spends the majority of his time at your house: family troubles, maybe?
    Not family problems unless he hates his wife, which i doubt. He does spend all the time infront of our tele. Maybe thats the reason. He wants to watch tele

ReputationRep:
    I think you're right, tbh. It's your house as well, and he needs to have some respect for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    I think you're right, tbh. It's your house as well, and he needs to have some respect for that.
    and yet my mum and sister don't see it that way. Bunch of idiots :yep:

ReputationRep:
    That tone of speech doesn't help anything. If you want to resolve the issue properly you should talk to him or your family in an assertive manner with well reasoned arguments.

I'd of called him a fat S.O.B though lol.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.