Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by octoberprincess)
    How's aberdare hall..HONESTLY? i heard that there no facilities & all,but on the website they mentioned about having a private library & garden? Thanks in advance for your help
    ... Aberdare Hall is the most equipped of them all.. it serves breakfast and dinner every day, it has a large hall that is often used by the uni for events, it has a lovely courtyard to sit in and it is the only halls that has common rooms as well as kitchens (although they keep removing the common rooms one by one to build new bedrooms...). As for the private library, I'm afraid that this year they took out all its books and turned it into the Music Library, but you're free to use it whenever you want and the silver lining is that it now has computers, WiFi, printers, photocopiers, friendly librarians and Music students (some of which are male!). The downside is that the library is no longer private, and some people seem to resent the fact that men (shock horror) and the general public (during working hours on weekdays) are now allowed into their halls (albeit only in the Library and they're not even allowed to loiter when walking between the front gate and the library).

If you really want a full picture of what Aberdare Hall is like, start a new thread

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else got their accommodation yet? Thinking about people who are unconditional??
    I just got mine- im in colum hall which was my first choice, yaaay!! All seems so close now.

ReputationRep:
    How long have you had unconditional? still waiting here; had one since august.

ReputationRep:
    had one for a while and i'm still waiting too

ReputationRep:
    urm since maybe march/april ish at a guess. So not as long as you. When did you apply for accommodation? I wouldn't worry yet im sure you will get it soon. xx

ReputationRep:
    Oh. I want mine too.

Mine only went unconditional a few weeks ago though; I hope that doesn't mean I'll have to wait ages to get my accomodation offer.

I would guess anyone who has an unconditional though will get the accomodation they want (unless by some freakish coincidence we all applied for the same small halls), so probably no reason for anyone to worry.

ReputationRep:
    Just confirmed my offer. going to be living in talybont north next year! cant wait!

ReputationRep:
    Right, nobody is allowed to discuss their acommodation offer until I have one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexa123)
    I just got mine- im in colum hall which was my first choice, yaaay!! All seems so close now.
    i really want colum hall! still waiting for my offer to go unconditional even though ive had my grades for a month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duffking)

agreed!

ReputationRep:
    People who have had their confirmation - how did you find out? Did you get an email??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davies15)
    Just confirmed my offer. going to be living in talybont north next year! cant wait!

Me too! Had my email through this morning.

ReputationRep:
    You appear to be forgetting the rules, here:

:P

ReputationRep:
    I got my accom. offer

ReputationRep:
    I confirmed Taly North today can't wait!!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, everyone who's confirmed so far is Talybont north.

/twiddles moustache

Interesting...

/doesn't have a moustache

ReputationRep:
    Where was your first choice Duffking?

ReputationRep:
    Whatever the Senghennydd one with the en suite was. Wanted to be close to the CS department, easier than getting the bus or whatever up to the sport centres a few times a week. Then the other senghennydd ones, then the taly ones and then I forget the order entirely.

I remember it took me ages to find my student number for the accommodation site, I had to find an email talking about my deferred entry. At least, I hope that was my student number. It was in this format (top left of email):

7 digit number
    My Name
    My address
    My post code
    LD/DEFER/my UCAS number
    That was genuienly the only thing I could find...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duffking)
    Whatever the Senghennydd one with the en suite was.

That's my first choice, too

ReputationRep:
    I've confirmed my offer - Colum Hall

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.