Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I can understand the point about the room numbers for safety. Although when i went to Birmingham last year (pulled out for course reasons) we put the flat we were in. I just think it's a good way too meet people who maybe near you. Although maybe everyone could say like floor they will be on rather than exact flat.

Also anyone that has taken up their offer- did you choose the direct debit option? I think that is what i chose. From what i could get on it, you don't pay a down payment at all??
    Im just checking i haven't missed something and don't need to pay some money before or i will loose my place. I just remember last year having to pay a deposit- although that was another uni.

ReputationRep:
    anyone have a first choice of talybont south? you all seem to be taly north on here

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in Senhennydd court??! Just had my confirmation

ReputationRep:
    Just had confirmation for Senghennyddyddyddydd Hall.

Oh happy happy days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam-Cardiff)
    No harm will come from posting your exact room online. I'm struggling to think of ways in which it could bring you to harm.
    What about getting your flat broken into?

All it takes is for you to inadvertantly mention you have [insert expensive bit of electrical equipment etc here] and along with having your address for everyone to see, you've essentially advertised yourself out to burgulars.

Not suggesting random petty thieves spend their time trawling internet forums, but while I'm sure most of us are pretty nice, every uni will have it's ****s that think it's fine to help themselves to your stuff. People get things nicked while at uni all the time, so if you post your exact address, you're only making it easier.

Of course it's nice to 'meet' people before hand, but exact flat number isn't really necessary for that. Floor and building would suffice.

(Original post by Ciaran)
    anyone have a first choice of talybont south? you all seem to be taly north on here
    Talybont South is my first choice.

I'm not feeling confident I'm going to get my accomodation offer any time soon though, since it's dependent on when the registry lets the accomodation office know you have an unconditional offer, and based on my experiences so far, I wouldn't trust the registry to organise a piss up in a brewery. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexa123)
    Im just checking i haven't missed something and don't need to pay some money before or i will loose my place. I just remember last year having to pay a deposit- although that was another uni.
    No, there is no deposit. Just make sure you confirm it and then the first payment is, I think, October.

I suppose no one will get offers for Roy Jenkins until much much later, since it never seems to be anyone's top choice...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alice2989)
    I know of someone. Where abouts you too?

ReputationRep:
    meeee, im in senghetto court.

ReputationRep:
    Senghennyd Court for me too! House B

ReputationRep:
    house a!

ReputationRep:
    yayyyyy....i've finally got my first choice!
    anyone going to Gordon hall???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alice2989)
    Me! Hi

ReputationRep:
    Senhennydd Court! House C! I'm thrilled.

ReputationRep:
    Heh I'll be all alone in Sengennydd Hall at this rate :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielleee)
    I see.

The single bed I'm not going to like.
    Um, they're narrower than single beds I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...097&ref=search for Sengh Hall / Court folks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meglo)
    I've confirmed my offer - Colum Hall
    Ah someone else for colum yaaay... what flat/floor? xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heidigirl)
    Guys, maybe it just hasn't crossed your mind, but it's not exactly smart posting exactly where you're going to be living on a public forum.

Mentioning the building is probably okay considering the size of the halls and the sheer number of students, floor is probably pushing it, but giving your flat number is crossing into the realms of being more than a bit silly.

You wouldn't broadcast your home address on here (I'd hope) because you probably recognise it could lead to all sorts of trouble so probably wise to treat your uni address the same.
    Unless you have some kind of stalker and you make sure you keep your room secure, no harm will come from it. Thieves are opportunistic, they're not going to seek out one particular room just because you say you've got one specific gadget. Also, people can do what they want.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know if you are allowed to hang posters and things on the walls in halls? I know they have the corkboards but I have tons of pretty fabric stuff I always hang from walls (I hate tan/white walls... long story) but I don't want to get in trouble :X

I wouldn't put nails in, just thumbtacks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesisomer)
    Does anybody know if you are allowed to hang posters and things on the walls in halls? I know they have the corkboards but I have tons of pretty fabric stuff I always hang from walls (I hate tan/white walls... long story) but I don't want to get in trouble :X

I wouldn't put nails in, just thumbtacks
    They're not too bothered. As long as you cause no major damage then it doesn't matter about a few thumbtack holes.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.