Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morg)
    i applied pretty early on, and basically my first choices were all the talybont places, which i believe are quite popular?

i'll just have to wait and see (:
    I'll be in North. Haven't come across anyone in the same house as me yet.
    Put together it holds a lot of students so yeaa..
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielleee)
    Which is?
    Well, I'm on a placement that ends this friday, and I've been looking forward to uni for what feels like forever. I'm sure the wait wouldn't have felt this long if I'd gone straight from sixth form. Not having exam results to 'look forward' to makes said wait worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arron17)
    I got an unconditional offer yesterday, how long do you reckon it will take for accommodation information to be sent to me?

Depends how early you applied I suppose.
    You'll get it sooner than those waiting for results though..
    Shouldn't be too long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duffking)
    Well, I'm on a placement that ends this friday, and I've been looking forward to uni for what feels like forever. I'm sure the wait wouldn't have felt this long if I'd gone straight from sixth form. Not having exam results to 'look forward' to makes said wait worse.

This year has gone fast for me but then i haven't been waiting quite as long i don't expect because I only fully decided in December what to do and where to go.

I am getting rather impatient to go now.

But I'd be stressed if there was a chance I wasn't going.

ReputationRep:
    I decided to go to Cardiff like 2 days after results last year, and I haven't had much to do

Kinda bored of waiting now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielleee)
    Depends how early you applied I suppose.
    You'll get it sooner than those waiting for results though..
    Shouldn't be too long.

I applied a long time ago, I did it as soon as they sent me the forms.

Submitted the application on the 18th March

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claregood)
    Just got my offer for taly south House six first floor flat 2
    same!!! i'm in house 6 too on the second floor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arron17)
    I applied a long time ago, I did it as soon as they sent me the forms.

Submitted the application on the 18th March

They go by getting your unconditional first so you should be sorted very soon I expect.

ReputationRep:
    So, anyone else assigned Senghennydd Hall yet then?

Anyone?

/echo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morg)
    i applied pretty early on, and basically my first choices were all the talybont places, which i believe are quite popular?

i'll just have to wait and see (:
    They're very popular, but they're also very big places... so it doesn't really matter in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciaran)
    same!!! i'm in house 6 too on the second floor

Ooh excitingg, looks like we'll be house mates ahah.

P.s- Does anyone know how many people are in each flat? is it 6 or 8?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claregood)
    Ooh excitingg, looks like we'll be house mates ahah.

P.s- Does anyone know how many people are in each flat? is it 6 or 8?
    6 in ours i think, well i stayed with a mate there last year and there were 6

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I got my offer for accommodation (taly south ) I want to pay in full but I don't have my student loan yet, if I accept the offer and give them my back details e.t.c will they take the money straight away?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam:)
    Hi, I got my offer for accommodation (taly south ) I want to pay in full but I don't have my student loan yet, if I accept the offer and give them my back details e.t.c will they take the money straight away?

Thanks
    Firstly, you get your student loan in three instalments so you won't be able to pay it in full even when you do get your first loan payment.

Secondly, if you give them your bank details now they'll take it out of your account straight away.

In conclusion, my advice would be to fill in the direct debit form that takes three payments from your accounts and if you are able to pay it in full before the first payment is due then you can liase with them directly. You can't leave the field blank without losing your offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    Firstly, you get your student loan in three instalments so you won't be able to pay it in full even when you do get your first loan payment.

Secondly, if you give them your bank details now they'll take it out of your account straight away.

In conclusion, my advice would be to fill in the direct debit form that takes three payments from your accounts and if you are able to pay it in full before the first payment is due then you can liase with them directly. You can't leave the field blank without losing your offer.
    Great, I have accept my offer

When does freshers week start? / Whens best to arrive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam:)
    Great, I have accept my offer

When does freshers week start? / Whens best to arrive?
    You can move in from Wednesday 22nd September (it's all on the arrival information that's with your offer) to Sunday 26th. They recommend you try and arrive on a weekday as the weekend will be busy-but I imagine most people will arrive at the weekend anyway.

Enrolement week (and I guess all the freshers stuff) is the following week.

I'm in Taly South, house 16.

I've just noticed that's right at the back near the park. Ah, nice.

ReputationRep:
    This is a silly question but...

Do any of you know what SIZE beds are in Sengh Court? My parents want to ship me some bedding.

If you know I will love you forever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    Nah, Gordon's awesome - everyone I know who went there had an amazing time because they went out in huge groups all the time rather than just as a flat.
    hopefully...i m not a very out-going type but dun really want to start my uni life with no one to hang out with though.....

ReputationRep:
    Got my acommodation today I'm in Senghennydd Hall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesisomer)
    This is a silly question but...

Do any of you know what SIZE beds are in Sengh Court? My parents want to ship me some bedding.

If you know I will love you forever
    Anybody?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.