Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arron17)
    Got my acommodation today I'm in Senghennydd Hall
    Yay, someone in my hall at last! What room you in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duffking)
    Yay, someone in my hall at last! What room you in?
    Third Floor Flat 10 Room 70

You?

ReputationRep:
    First Floor Flat 7 Room 46

I guess you're right at the top then?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure, I don't know how many floors there are . But unfortunately it does means stairs to climb with shopping or when being drunk...

ReputationRep:
    Just had a look on google maps... looks like you're at the top :P

Still, might save you some trips to the gym...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexa123)
    Has anyone else got their accommodation yet? Thinking about people who are unconditional??
    I just got mine- im in colum hall which was my first choice, yaaay!! All seems so close now.
    Im colum hall too

ReputationRep:
    Ah someone else for colum yaaay... what flat/floor? xx
    Im ground floor flat 7, you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duffking)
    Just had a look on google maps... looks like you're at the top :P

Still, might save you some trips to the gym...

Lol I suppose, I'm not the fittest person in the world anyway.

And if i remember correctly when i went to the visit day the halls looked like they were probably three floors.

ReputationRep:
    im in talybont house 7... just accepted. shweet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cL4r4)
    hopefully...i m not a very out-going type but dun really want to start my uni life with no one to hang out with though.....
    By going out I mean a variety of things - they'd go to the uni pub every week (which is nice and relaxed) and I went ice skating with them once as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesisomer)
    Anybody?
    Single. They somehow seemed slightly bigger than that when I stayed in one, but that's probably because Colum beds are so thin by comparison

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    Single. They somehow seemed slightly bigger than that when I stayed in one, but that's probably because Colum beds are so thin by comparison
    You are just wonderful. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everybody,

Does anybody know if there is a deadline to apply for Halls ? Because the International Office won't send any information to us (erasmus) before september (+-3 weeks before our arrival)... And without our registration it's impossible to apply... So i'm afraid it will be too late...

(Btw, do you if it's normal that Erasmus can complete their registration (Student Code, information, programme etc) only 3 weeks before the start of the programme? )

Thks

ReputationRep:
    Accepting an offer to study on firm basis

You will be allocated a place in University residences before students who come to Cardiff as an insurance or clearing applicant. Complete your online application as soon as you receive a letter from us with your 7 digit student number.

To ensure you are allocated a room you must submit your online application by Friday 10 September and receive an unconditional offer to study by Friday 17 September 2010. If your application is received after Friday 10 September 2010 or your offer to study is made unconditional after Friday 17 September 2010 we will still do our best to find you a place in University residences, however, there may be some delay whilst we identify available vacancies.
    from cf.ac.uk/cserv

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bip25)
    Hi Everybody,

Does anybody know if there is a deadline to apply for Halls ? Because the International Office won't send any information to us (erasmus) before september (+-3 weeks before our arrival)... And without our registration it's impossible to apply... So i'm afraid it will be too late...

(Btw, do you if it's normal that Erasmus can complete their registration (Student Code, information, programme etc) only 3 weeks before the start of the programme? )

Thks
    Hi Bip25,
    I'm a future erasmus student from France and I've already received a lot of informations from the Erasmus Office. I don't know if there is a deadline but Erasmus Students can apply for a place in a hall since june...
    In fact, I asked to the student records and they gave me my student number two weeks ago and i've been able to apply for a hall directly after that! They have even offered me a place in Colum Hall which was my first choice!
    I think you should write to the Erasmus Office or the Student Records, they can really help you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kissandmakeup_x)
    Im ground floor flat 7, you?
    ah cool, im floor 2 i think- i cant remember what flat without looking though!!

ReputationRep:
    ah cool, im floor 2 i think- i cant remember what flat without looking though!!
    ahaha awsome, at least we'l have a vauge idea of people when we arrive!:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaline87)
    Hi Bip25,
    I'm a future erasmus student from France and I've already received a lot of informations from the Erasmus Office. I don't know if there is a deadline but Erasmus Students can apply for a place in a hall since june...
    In fact, I asked to the student records and they gave me my student number two weeks ago and i've been able to apply for a hall directly after that! They have even offered me a place in Colum Hall which was my first choice!
    I think you should write to the Erasmus Office or the Student Records, they can really help you.
    Hey,

Thanks for your answer, could you give me the email from the Student Records because "Rachel Davies" from the Erasmus Office doesn't answer my emails... Maybe your erasmus contact is not her ??

COuld you send it by private message ? and if you want you can also give me your msn if you don't mind, given that i'm from belgium so we could continue un french ^^

Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    hi
    does anyone know how likely it is that i will get my first accomodation choice?
    i picked talybont south and ive got a conditional offer.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kissandmakeup_x)
    ahaha awsome, at least we'l have a vauge idea of people when we arrive!:woo:
    Keep in mind there's two separate buildings... unless someone in your flat knows someone in the other building people tend not to mix much; I only went into the building with flats 1-6 in once, on the last night before we all moved out!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.