Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, anyone @ Senghennydd Court ?? So exited after getting my offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G.Stas.)
    Hey, anyone @ Senghennydd Court ?? So exited after getting my offer.
    I am! What house are you in?

ReputationRep:
    Any PG students/students staying at Abedare Hall? Do give me a PM or reply here, just need some advice etc. Many thanks you lovely people :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by portugueseninja)
    I am! What house are you in?
    House F, you?

ReputationRep:
    House F, you?
    House B for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FieldLeftBlank)
    I would keep an eye on students living there, too. You know what they say about Bulgarians. Got anything valuable? :perv:

So, when are you guys going there?
    i think im moving up on the 22nd but im coming from eastbourne which is a 5hour train journey with 3 changes including the tube. all on my lonesome because my parents can't take any more days off. hopefully get them to buy me some food and cutlery beforehand.

dunno how im gonna bring the heavier stuff like my radio :/

ReputationRep:
    Well, you don't need to bring it all at once. It might be a bit of a pain making several trips, but you could always go back home for the weekend a few weeks into the term after you've gotten settled, and then bring back with you anything you left behind.

ReputationRep:
    Abedare Hall....anyonnneee?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 4th year and was in Talybont North for my first year TALYBONT IS THE PLACE TO BE !!! xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering how is Senghennydd Court? is it peaceful, full of parties or something else?

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering how is Senghennydd Court? is it peaceful, full of parties or something else?
    Somewhere between the two... much like all the other halls really.

ReputationRep:
    My first post! I'm hoping to get into Cardiff on the 19th, I'm so nervous for results! My first choice was Talybont South but everywhere seemed okay.
    How come some of you know where you're going already? Were your offers unconditional? Also what's the earliest you can move in?
    Thanks if anyone knows!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeckyWhite)
    My first post! I'm hoping to get into Cardiff on the 19th, I'm so nervous for results! My first choice was Talybont South but everywhere seemed okay.
    How come some of you know where you're going already? Were your offers unconditional? Also what's the earliest you can move in?
    Thanks if anyone knows!
    Anyone whos had an offer is unconditional i think they sort the rest in order of when you put cardiff as your firm/submitted your application for accommodation...?

heres the arrival info for taly south http://www.cf.ac.uk/for/prospective/...nt%20South.pdf

Good luck with getting your grades!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks if anyone knows!

Yes, unconditional offers
    What course you hoping to do? and what grades do you have to get?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks if anyone knows!
    I think the earliest for most halls is the 22nd of September.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Harri, Danielle and Kaiser

I'm doing English Literature and I need to get 3 As! Hopefully it will all go okay.

What are you lot doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harri103)
    Anyone whos had an offer is unconditional i think they sort the rest in order of when you put cardiff as your firm/submitted your application for accommodation...?

heres the arrival info for taly south http://www.cf.ac.uk/for/prospective/...nt%20South.pdf

Good luck with getting your grades!
    They do it firstly in the order they make your conditional offer unconditional (which could be as early as the 15th August as they got your results yesterday but obviously you won't find out until the 19th), then secondarily by how early you applied for accomodation.. so the date you firmed them has nothing to do with it and the date you applied for accomodation is only of minor importance.

In other words, it's a bit of a lottery depending on how quickly your department processes your results, and it also means that anyone who hasn't had their offer before the 19th (for whatever reason) gets put to the bottom of the pile.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Harri, Danielle and Kaiser

I'm doing English Literature and I need to get 3 As! Hopefully it will all go okay.

What are you lot doing?

3 As :O

Biology for me.

ReputationRep:
    Im doing physio and ive just had a letter that says all the healthcare induction stuff starts on the monday the 20th of september, but i cant get into my room untill the wednesday. Im so confused!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dr.Angel)
    Hi,
    Anyone is staying at allensbank?
    I am! What are you studying?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.