Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittykatkat)
    I put Allensbank as my first choice in the end. I'm up at Heath Park so I can just roll into lectures in the morning.

Does anyone know what the chances are of people getting their first choices if they have an unconditional firm and they applied now-ish?
    People with unconditional firms get first pick... so pretty high. When y0u apply is pretty irrelevant because you get assigned your residence in late July/early August whereas the people with conditional offers only get assigned from results day onwards.

ReputationRep:
    As I've only just firmed Cardiff in the last week, will that mean the accomodation code will be on its way? There's been so much university paperwork that I'm hoping that I haven't recieved it already at some point and have it lying around somewhere :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrWebb)
    As I've only just firmed Cardiff in the last week, will that mean the accomodation code will be on its way? There's been so much university paperwork that I'm hoping that I haven't recieved it already at some point and have it lying around somewhere :p:
    If your student number is on any of the paperwork you can apply now but yeah, the accommodation stuff will be with you soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittykatkat)
    If your student number is on any of the paperwork you can apply now but yeah, the accommodation stuff will be with you soon.
    What paperwork did you get your code from and when did you get it? Thanks for the reply there :gthumb:

ReputationRep:
    What paperwork did you get your code from and when did you get it? Thanks for the reply there :gthumb:
    Well my uni paperwork and accommodation paperwork arrived the same day but it was on the accommodation thing (obvs) and on a letter from the School of Heathcare confirming my offer of a place. It had my UCAS ID and my student number on it at the top.

ReputationRep:
    You can ring up the Residences office and ask for your student number, I think. Their number is 029 2087 4849.

ReputationRep:
    Everything's sorted now, thanks for the help RightSaidJames and Kittykatkat :gthumb: First three were Colum Hall, Roy Jenkins and Gordon hall; anyone else applying for these primarily?

ReputationRep:
    Everything's sorted now, thanks for the help RightSaidJames and Kittykatkat :gthumb: First three were Colum Hall, Roy Jenkins and Gordon hall; anyone else applying for these primarily?
    Yes, i applied first choice colum hall!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexa123)
    Yes, i applied first choice colum hall!
    Sweeet! Perhaps we shall cross paths at some point. I'm really hoping on Colum Hall, though I imagine it's quite popular so we shall see, just wanted to close enough to the Humanities building and the city center in general :yes: Colum Hall also seems quieter than most :o:

ReputationRep:
    Sweeet! Perhaps we shall cross paths at some point. I'm really hoping on Colum Hall, though I imagine it's quite popular so we shall see, just wanted to close enough to the Humanities building and the city center in general :yes: Colum Hall also seems quieter than most :o:
    Same- I wanted a sociable hall that wasnt the massive massive ones. And also near criminology building, so it seemed like the best choice.

ReputationRep:
    I've just put colum as my first choice so fingers crossed it looks really nice and central.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know anything about the reduced rooms in talybont north? I'm not fussed about the size of a room and heard the reduced ensuites were a similar size to the normal rooms anyway? What about this 'room 6'. A guide described them as a 'smaller, non standard shape'... wasn't quite sure what to make of this! thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seabass001)
    Anyone know anything about the reduced rooms in talybont north? I'm not fussed about the size of a room and heard the reduced ensuites were a similar size to the normal rooms anyway? What about this 'room 6'. A guide described them as a 'smaller, non standard shape'... wasn't quite sure what to make of this! thanks
    Reduced means that they haven't renovated it yet.

Reduced room whatever means that something else in the flat is eating into your room space and changing the space slightly - maybe the boiler? It won't make too much difference to your everyday life, but the reduction in price reflects the reduction in size.

ReputationRep:
    that doesn't sound too bad to be honest. thanks for that

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what the halls with the shared bathrooms are like? I would rather have £1000 left of my maintenance loan by opting for shared bathrooms rather than only £400 left if I were to go en-suite? However the thought of sharing a bathroom with people I don't know and haven't chosen to live with is putting me off. Anyone else thinking the same, or knows anyone that does share a bathroom? What's sharing a bathroom like?
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren*123)
    Anyone know what the halls with the shared bathrooms are like? I would rather have £1000 left of my maintenance loan by opting for shared bathrooms rather than only £400 left if I were to go en-suite? However the thought of sharing a bathroom with people I don't know and haven't chosen to live with is putting me off. Anyone else thinking the same, or knows anyone that does share a bathroom? What's sharing a bathroom like?
    thanks
    For the most part, it's absolutely fine. The cleaners come every week to clean shared areas in halls (much more often if you live in Aberdare Halls because more people use each bathroom), so if you have shared bathrooms you get your bathrooms cleaned for you, which is a luxury that people with ensuites don't have! Beyond that it's just a case of common sense - if everyone leaves the bathrooms in the condition that they expect to find it, there won't be a problem.

ReputationRep:
    Im doing physiotherapy next year and when i tried to apply to talybont north it only let me apply for a reduced room and a reduced room 6. whats the difference between these two and the normal ensuite? Also does anyone know why i wasnt able to apply for a normal ensuite room?

ReputationRep:
    I stay at Talybont North all the time when I go & see my Best friend, it's really good right close to the sports, good old Tesco extra and like 15 minutes into town. Good laugh.

I'm applying to 'Talabronx' as the girls call it x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davies15)
    Im doing physiotherapy next year and when i tried to apply to talybont north it only let me apply for a reduced room and a reduced room 6. whats the difference between these two and the normal ensuite? Also does anyone know why i wasnt able to apply for a normal ensuite room?
    A reduced room (as far as I know) is a room that hasn't been renovated (and I've heard rumours that they come with free pets, by pets I mean silverfish which aren't actually fish at all). And room 6 is a different shape to the other rooms, I think it's a bit smaller (cheaper though).

You can't apply to normal en suites because they group healthcare students together and for some reason they don't give us the option of nice rooms (or of staying in Taly South which I really don't understand). I gave up in the end and went for Allensbank.

ReputationRep:
    anyone know if Senghennydd Hall's ensuite is a shower cubicle or a wetroom?
    thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.