Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren*123)
    anyone know if Senghennydd Hall's ensuite is a shower cubicle or a wetroom?
    thanks
    Cubicle, only Talybont has wetrooms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    Cubicle, only Talybont has wetrooms.

Thankyou for your help

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me...

North or South?

I'm applying for Pharmacy... I do prefer talybont court but heard the environment isn't as good as north or south

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nkg0504)
    Can someone help me...

North or South?

I'm applying for Pharmacy... I do prefer talybont court but heard the environment isn't as good as north or south
    There's very little difference - the former is slightly cheaper (it may not be now they've renovated most of it) and slightly closer to tesco, the latter is slightly closer to campus and slightly better quality, but not by much.

ReputationRep:
    I firmed Cardiff and did all my accomodation asap!
    I desperately want to get into Talybont Court !!
    After that, like some others, I just filled the spaces with ensuites!

ReputationRep:
    anyone know the final dates for choosing accomdation, will probs be in cardiff in sept!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thejuh)
    anyone know the final dates for choosing accomdation, will probs be in cardiff in sept!
    There is no final date, but the sooner the better.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya

I'm applying to do radiography at cardiff uni at sept 2010 and I am having trouble deciding which accommodation I should choose as my first choice, talybont north or allensbank house?

Initally allensbank appealed to me because it was very close to my lectures, but i realised the price is rather costly and bit far out from the city. On the other hand, talybont north is cheaper in comparison but further away from the Heath hospital.

In terms of social aspects, would it be wise to choose allensbank house because the people who live there consist of students who are studying healthcare subjects (nursing, radiotherapy etc) and thus share similar term time and interest (assumingly) with each other.

Or would I my uni experience be more interesting if i chose talybont north, as there are number of students studying a wide range of subjects compared to the students who live in allensbank. But I was informed that my course is busier than most other courses, so would find time to actually get to know my flatmates?
    are there any healthcare students who will recommend talybont north as an ideal place to stay in?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure about prices, but....im a 2nd year now and I chose Taly Court. Was really nice rooms, almost like a hotel, and a massive kitchen but.... i found it pretty unsociable and uptight. Didn't get to know many people around me. I made better friends from South and North, although North is thought of as the ******** lol.
    Nearly everyone says South is the best after their first year! Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    think i'm going for Senghennydd hall as it's 10 mins 'ish' from the Law building and the same for the city center where I will be working. and it's part catered which is great seeing as I cannot cook a single thing despite being 18!
    Anyone else making this their first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t dot sang)
    Hiya

I'm applying to do radiography at cardiff uni at sept 2010 and I am having trouble deciding which accommodation I should choose as my first choice, talybont north or allensbank house?

Initally allensbank appealed to me because it was very close to my lectures, but i realised the price is rather costly and bit far out from the city. On the other hand, talybont north is cheaper in comparison but further away from the Heath hospital.

In terms of social aspects, would it be wise to choose allensbank house because the people who live there consist of students who are studying healthcare subjects (nursing, radiotherapy etc) and thus share similar term time and interest (assumingly) with each other.

Or would I my uni experience be more interesting if i chose talybont north, as there are number of students studying a wide range of subjects compared to the students who live in allensbank. But I was informed that my course is busier than most other courses, so would find time to actually get to know my flatmates?
    are there any healthcare students who will recommend talybont north as an ideal place to stay in?
    Hello I'm a 2010 nursing student and I've applied for my halls, I chose
    1. Allensbank
    2. Talybont North
    3. University Halls

I put Allensbank purely because of the proximity to lectures etc, and it looks really nice inside. University Halls also sounds like it's got a really good community feel and they do free buses apparently to the campus so saves on travel. I also chose talybont as it's not too far, and a mix of students and near tesco and also perhaps more social than Allensbank, all in all I don't mind though, as it's only a year and it's not the only way of meeting people, there's also clubs and societes etc I think we need to remember Cardiff is a small city so nowhere is really far at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catiepo)
    Hello I'm a 2010 nursing student and I've applied for my halls, I chose
    1. Allensbank
    2. Talybont North
    3. University Halls

I put Allensbank purely because of the proximity to lectures etc, and it looks really nice inside. University Halls also sounds like it's got a really good community feel and they do free buses apparently to the campus so saves on travel. I also chose talybont as it's not too far, and a mix of students and near tesco and also perhaps more social than Allensbank, all in all I don't mind though, as it's only a year and it's not the only way of meeting people, there's also clubs and societes etc I think we need to remember Cardiff is a small city so nowhere is really far at all.

im tempted to choose talybont north, but allensbank does sound like the more sensible choice. thank you for the help!

ReputationRep:
    Hey...how long did you guys have to wait after confirming Cardiff as your firm for the accomodation paperwork to come through??

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sindyyy!)
    Hey...how long did you guys have to wait after confirming Cardiff as your firm for the accomodation paperwork to come through??

Thanks

I think mine took about a week or so to come through, maybe two weeks. Not too long.

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    About two weeks or so...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    Actually, when you firm it has nothing to do with when the paperwork comes, because you can do your accommodation before you've firmed it. I did mine in March (because that's when the paperwork came) but only firmed them in April after I'd been to the Bristol open day.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, when you firm it has nothing to do with when the paperwork comes, because you can do your accommodation before you've firmed it. I did mine in March (because that's when the paperwork came) but only firmed them in April after I'd been to the Bristol open day.

ohhh...hmm...I got my offer through UCAS Extra...will that mean it'll take even longer for the paperwork to come through? I'm worried now...I don't want to be one of the last people to apply

ReputationRep:
    ohhh...hmm...I got my offer through UCAS Extra...will that mean it'll take even longer for the paperwork to come through? I'm worried now...I don't want to be one of the last people to apply
    It'll come a few weeks after you get your offer, regardless of when you firm them.

And don't worry too much about when you apply; the actual allocation is a bit of a lottery anyway.

ReputationRep:
    It'll come a few weeks after you get your offer, regardless of when you firm them.

And don't worry too much about when you apply; the actual allocation is a bit of a lottery anyway.
    Ahhhh thanks

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.