Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will I get results using this routine?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I basically want to get a bit bigger, not massive..

Monday - Arms

Tuesday - Legs

Friday - Chest, Back and a bit of arms

Sunday - Badminton/ Swimming (Alternative weeks)

+ I drink Maximuscle Cyclone twice a day

I wont go into great detail about the exercises and everything, I just want to know if doing weight training this often a week will get results?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It seems a little randomly put together, with very little structure to it at all. Almost as if you have seen someone doing this at the gym and only remembered parts of it. Though this may also be down to the lack of detail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    It seems a little randomly put together, with very little structure to it at all. Almost as if you have seen someone doing this at the gym and only remembered parts of it. Though this may also be down to the lack of detail.
    These are really the only days that I can get to the gym, and I know it is important to train all areas..

How is it randomly put together??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stew1988)
    I basically want to get a bit bigger, not massive..

Monday - Arms

Tuesday - Legs

Friday - Chest, Back and a bit of arms

Sunday - Badminton/ Swimming (Alternative weeks)

+ I drink Maximuscle Cyclone twice a day

I wont go into great detail about the exercises and everything, I just want to know if doing weight training this often a week will get results?
    This is nonsense, forget your current routine and switch to starting strength or WS4SB, also drop the Maximuscle NOW. You shouldnt even be concerned with what your protein shake intake is right until you know your diet is on point, let alon a ridiculously overpriced ******** fest like muscletech.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    These are really the only days that I can get to the gym, and I know it is important to train all areas..

How is it randomly put together??
    It just seems to be, when I look at it it seems a little all over the place.

On Monday, why a whole day of arms? Can you not mix muscle groups? How long do you go to the gym for?

You just need more structure if you ask me. Like on Mondays you are just doing arms, but then on Friday you are throwing chest, back and arms together?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    It just seems to be, when I look at it it seems a little all over the place.

On Monday, why a whole day of arms? Can you not mix muscle groups? How long do you go to the gym for?

You just need more structure if you ask me. Like on Mondays you are just doing arms, but then on Friday you are throwing chest, back and arms together?
    I go for about an hour, my Monday session is normally 10 mins brisk walk on a treadmill, then free weights, 15 minute jog on treadmill and then resistance weights. This is an arm routine that the instructor at the gym gave me, but I agree that I probably need to build my strength up first.

The reason I am doing arms on a Friday as well, is because I want to get good results on my arms and so I am trying to get 2 sessions in a week.

Whats your routine?

ReputationRep:
    What kind of exercises do you do for each day?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I go for about an hour, my Monday session is normally 10 mins brisk walk on a treadmill, then free weights, 15 minute jog on treadmill and then resistance weights. This is an arm routine that the instructor at the gym gave me, but I agree that I probably need to build my strength up first.

The reason I am doing arms on a Friday as well, is because I want to get good results on my arms and so I am trying to get 2 sessions in a week.

Whats your routine?
    Sorry, but whenever I see people doing any kind of walk on a treadmill only one question comes to mind: What's the point? Unless you are insanely obese and are at risk of a heart attack then there is no reason not to push yourself.

My routine is changing constantly. I get bored very easily, as does my body, however the current one is as follows:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Monday
    Bicep Curl
    Concentration Curl
    Preacher Curl

Decline Chest Fly
    Dumbell Chest Press
    Decline Dumbbell Press

Tuesday
    Pull Up
    Lat Pulldown
    Pendlay Rows

Tricep Dips
    Lying Tricep Extension
    Tricep Kickback
    Tricep Pulldown

Wednesday
    Dumbbell Lat Raise
    Dumbbell Lat Front Raise
    Shrug

Squat
    Deadlift
    Clean

Thursday
    Leg Press
    Leg Extension
    Leg Curl

Box Jump
    Skipping

Friday
    Cardio - 1 - 2 hrs Squash
    Abdominals

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.