Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    At university I eat what is healthier for me. When at home I prefer to eat what I like, which includes sweet stuff etc.

ReputationRep:
    I eat things that will give my eyes a healthy sparkle.

ReputationRep:
    I eat things based on their nutritional value. I very very rarely eat what I would call 'empty calories'- food with little nutritional benefit.
    I'm just quite lucky in that I like the taste of most healthy and superfoods.
    Besides if something tastes crappy I just put chilli sauce on it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    i mainly just eat

pizza
    burgers
    sausages
    mayo butties
    crisps
    tuna curry
    micro meals

i dont like fruit much as it doesnt fill me so i see it as pointless, would rather have 3-4 bags of crisps and be full than have an apple and still be hungry

i do like steamed veg though but because i dont really get anything i can have with it i dont have it much
    Having read your later replies, why not try mixing it up a bit? Have sausages with mashed potato and sweet potato, and steamed veg on the side. Similarly, instead of having a whole pizza, maybe have half a pizza with salad and some steamed new potatoes? Tuna is great, but why not try mixing it into the mayo for tuna mayo sandwiches? I'll quite often have a burger with salad, too. And sometimes fruit can be psychologically not as filling; I quite often have an apple and a banana, if I'm having a mid-morning snack or something. As much as anything else, the different tastes and textures make me feel as if I'm having more.

I think nearly every meal can be made healthy, by removing the volume and adding some extras in.

ReputationRep:
    I eat it because I don't like the taste of meat and I enjoy healthy food. Plus it keeps me thin. Win-win.

ReputationRep:
    Today I ate a lot of junk, because my parents had just been shopping and I've been on a healthy diet for a week. So I couldn't resist and had a packet of crisps and some malteserrs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doodahdoo)
    Having read your later replies, why not try mixing it up a bit? Have sausages with mashed potato and sweet potato, and steamed veg on the side. Similarly, instead of having a whole pizza, maybe have half a pizza with salad and some steamed new potatoes? Tuna is great, but why not try mixing it into the mayo for tuna mayo sandwiches? I'll quite often have a burger with salad, too. And sometimes fruit can be psychologically not as filling; I quite often have an apple and a banana, if I'm having a mid-morning snack or something. As much as anything else, the different tastes and textures make me feel as if I'm having more.

I think nearly every meal can be made healthy, by removing the volume and adding some extras in.

yeah was thinking of one of those little chicargo town pizzas with steamed veg or something

tuna, i love in curry and its home made so its not that unhealthy, right i love mayo and i love tuna but for some reason i cant have them both together lol i have salad cream when i have a tuna sandwich (which im going to have later yum yum)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    i eat it because i like the taste, i cant eat food i dont like the taste of
    I agree :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    Ben and Jerry's
    Cookies, Brownies
    Chocolate

Need I go on?

Ain't no porridge tasted as good as a cookie.
    Chocolate isn't unhealthy unless you eat an awful lot of it. You could say the same about a lot of things; context is key. There isn't this big divide between "healthy food" and "unheathy food" that people seem to imagine, it's just a case of not eating too much of any particular food group. Only eating vegetables is no better for you than only eating carbs.

ReputationRep:
    I like cooking and eating as it breaks up my day. Lets be think.
    Stick a little jazz on. Get your chopping board out and let your creativity flow : )

ReputationRep:
    whatever my mum makes

ReputationRep:
    I have my main meal at work usually, so I have whatever is being served at the canteen. It's probably reasonably healthy, well better than eating junk food at least. But in the evening I eat what is most convenient. I think I've gone an entire week with having a toasted cheese sandwich every night. I find it difficult to get food that I'll eat before it goes bad, and I've got limited freezer space. Most of the time I really can't be bothered to do anything more than make a sandwich or stick something in the oven or microwave. So my problem is laziness and lack of imagination.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    Yeah I'm pretty much like that. I like most foods. Apart from meat (I'm veggie) I can think of a couple of vegetables I don't like because of their texture, but I don't particularly mind eating those. I don't get people who have loads of things they don't like, or even people who "can't" eat food they don't like. It's food... food is good.
    You say you like "most" foods, but not meat? Surely the types of food that are meat is large enough so that it's impossible to be a vegetarian and like "most" food.

For me, if someone just gave me something to eat every day, I'd eat it whatever it was. I really can't think of anything that is generally considered to be food in this country that I would refuse to eat. I might not particularly enjoy some things, but I'll eat it if someone has gone to the bother of making it for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    You say you like "most" foods, but not meat? Surely the types of food that are meat is large enough so that it's impossible to be a vegetarian and like "most" food.
    Not really, most food isn't meat.

Out of all the food I've tried, I dislike pork, lamb, beef, chicken, fish, mushrooms and aubergine. I think that counts as liking most food.

ReputationRep:
    because its nice and i can cos i don't put on weight

ReputationRep:
    Not really, most food isn't meat.

Out of all the food I've tried, I dislike pork, lamb, beef, chicken, fish, mushrooms and aubergine. I think that counts as liking most food.
    Well perhaps meat accounts for less than half the total "types" of food that exist, but it's still a very large part of what food is available. Plus those meats can come in very different forms which you could consider to be a different type of food.

Put it this way, in an average restaurant, most of the dishes will contain meat.

ReputationRep:
    I eat whatever's quickest out of convenience, but also have a really bad habit of eating the same thing everyday for a very long time. Mostly I stick to a few things e.g. weetabix, crisps (one or two flavours only) and supplement these with proper meals on the weekend, when I have the time to cook for myself.

ReputationRep:
    I eat whatevers tasty! That can be anything from the gorgeous chocolate cake sitting in the kitchen, though I get ill easily from eating more than a slice, to my favorite red apples. < 3 I'll just munch on whatever I fancy and it seems to work out okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    Well perhaps meat accounts for less than half the total "types" of food that exist, but it's still a very large part of what food is available. Plus those meats can come in very different forms which you could consider to be a different type of food.

Put it this way, in an average restaurant, most of the dishes will contain meat.
    If a dish contains meat, it's not that I don't like the dish it's that I don't like the meat. It's just the pieces of meat that I don't like, which is one type of food.

ReputationRep:
    If a dish contains meat, it's not that I don't like the dish it's that I don't like the meat. It's just the pieces of meat that I don't like, which is one type of food.
    Ok I guess that makes sense. I suppose in a lot of cases you can make something that is essentially the same dish but with something other than meat.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.