Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Girls, whats your favourite foundation? need some help deciding what to buy :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I use Maybelline Matte Mousse and i love it, its a liquid but then when it dries its more like a powder so it doesnt leave your face feeling sticky and i find it covers up a lots more than normal liquid foundations. I think it costs about £6 in the shops and stuff iv been using it for about 3 years now xx

ReputationRep:
    Concrete works well for a large structure, about 900cm deep, and about the same width

ReputationRep:
    Max Factor Liquid Illusion, it's a cream in a pot and it's really good. Or Maybelline Dream Creamy Foundation the new one which is quite good but I find its a bit shinier and have to use powder with it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous1990)
    Girls, whats your favourite foundation? need some help deciding what to buy :confused:
    I have a clinique super duper one that is really good for combination skin - it moisturises the dry bits and doesn't get greasy on greasy bits, and it is really light and has a lovely smooth finish - i don't like wearing heavy foundation so it's perfect!

ReputationRep:
    My favourites at the moment are Lily lolo mineral foundation and Revlon ColorStay. Lily Lolo has a build-able coverage and doesn't look cakey on my skin. The revlon is a medium to full coverage, it dries quite quickly so you have to be quite quick with blending but it lasts all day and doesn't cake.

ReputationRep:
    Maybelline Matte Mousse = dreadful! only works if you have perfect skin to begin with (since it only highlights what you want to hide) and you might have trouble finding the right shade even then.

My personal favourites are No7 Essential Moisture (even though I have oily skin!), Lily Lolo's mineral foundation, and Estee Lauder Double Wear Light.

ReputationRep:
    Asking everyone what their favourite foundation is, is a little like asking everyone what their shoe size is. You'll get a lot of different answers, many of which won't be suitable for you. Tell us more about what you're looking for.... What's your skin type (dry, oily, combo)? What kind of finish do you want (matte, dewy)? Do you want sheer or moderate coverage? Do you have a preference for formulation (liquid? powder? mineral?). There are a lot of great foundations out there, but knowing more about your needs helps with recommending something that will work well for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *twinkletoes*)
    I use Maybelline Matte Mousse and i love it, its a liquid but then when it dries its more like a powder so it doesnt leave your face feeling sticky and i find it covers up a lots more than normal liquid foundations. I think it costs about £6 in the shops and stuff iv been using it for about 3 years now xx
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    Mac/Chanel/YSL/Clinique (Mac and Chanel are my personal favourites)-go into a department store and ask the lady on the counter to help you find the foundation that's right for you. It is worth spending a little bit more on foundation in order to get the right one (cheap ones are never as good).

If you have a tight budget then Revlon ColourStay Foundation is the best one I've tried http://www.boots.com/en/Revlon-Color...ry-Skin_39474/.
    I didn't mind 'dream matte mousse' although the Revlon foundation was much better. Stay away from no.7 and Max Factor, I really didn't like them, they were orange and patchy.

xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Mac studio fix powder

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely swear by Second skin by max factor.

As already said though, it really depends on the person, their skin, how much coverage etc.

best thing to do is visit a large boots/department store and ask for help. When you've got the one you think is right, have it applied where you need it on your face, as you would if you were using it for real. Then leave it for a few hours and look at it in natural light and whatever other light you tend to use!
    Trying it on your hand, or a patch of your face in the store lighting does nothing really.

ReputationRep:
    I've always been a MAC girl but tried Bare Minerals at the weekend and loved it!

ReputationRep:
    i've heard good stuff about rimmel dream matte mousse, its really light as well, i use boots natural collection foundation occasionally, its only 1.95 and works just as well as really expensive ones i think

ReputationRep:
    I use Mac's Mineralize in the palest shade they do - it's the only foundation I've found that matches my whiter-than-white skin! I've been using it for a year now, and I still have about a third of the bottle left. Definite favourite.

ReputationRep:
    i use one called GOSH its one of the makes in superdrug (im not sure if superdrug is the only place) its light reflecting and has quite a light coverage which i like as it doesnt make you look caked-on just enhances your skin
    but yeah really it depends on the sort that your after

ReputationRep:
    Maybelline dream something or other. It's not perfect but it does the job! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Maybelline dream creamy foundation is brilliant. Honestly i've tried loads but this one is great on my slightly dry skin

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.