Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Rejected from uni....is there anything I can do? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ello,

Okay I made a thread a couple of days ago about being rejected from Manchester University. I emailed them to ask why this was so and basically they said my application was incomplete. This being the reference part. I had asked my tutor at the uni I am already at to write it and she said to just put in the reference box "contact so and so". So I did, but I had a niggling doubt because when I applied to my uni now, my tutor wrote it and put it in the box.

I trusted my tutor!! but because of HER I wont be going to Manchester.

At the end of the email it said it was extremely competitive this year and my application wasn't strong enough...fair enough, but maybe, just maybe if my damn reference was put in form the normal way I might have got in! or at least had an interview!

*sigh* Is there ANYTHING I can do about this? I haven't spoke to my tutor yet because I will explode and in her wishy washy way she probably wont know what to do either.

Has anyone else made this stupid mistake? I am kicking myself into oblivion over this! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Tell them- "I'll be back"

:mmm:

No seriously there must be an appeals process.

ReputationRep:
    Call UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    Tell them- "I'll be back"

:mmm:

No seriously there must be an appeals process.
    Haha not a bad plan!
    Will have to look into appealing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olive*)
    Call UCAS?
    Is that better than talking to the uni in question?...wish I could email them, I'm not great at talking over the phone, I get my words mixed up

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, there's nothing you can do. They said that your application wasn't strong enough, so I doubt they're gonna change their mind anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterflyleg)
    Tbh, there's nothing you can do. They said that your application wasn't strong enough, so I doubt they're gonna change their mind anyway.
    Well yeah there is that...but In my paranoia they said that to stop me from hassling them
    I dunno, the women I was emailing from last year over this really built my hopes up and made me think I could get in. Maybe I was delusional.

Do unis accept reapplicants?

ReputationRep:
    You can lodge Appeals - I have an appeal pending with Exeter at the moment.

Basically after i got a rejection from them i asked for feedback and was told I "Did not meet Entry Requirements". I looked into it and turns out that an administrative error meant my school had given them my predicted grades as BBB - rather than AAB im predicted. I got the school to ring them and they are now reconsidering the application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edsmith565)
    You can lodge Appeals - I have an appeal pending with Exeter at the moment.

Basically after i got a rejection from them i asked for feedback and was told I "Did not meet Entry Requirements". I looked into it and turns out that an administrative error meant my school had given them my predicted grades as BBB - rather than AAB im predicted. I got the school to ring them and they are now reconsidering the application
    How do you go about lodging an an appeal?
    Even doing that they probably wont think I'm good enough :sigh:

Good luck with your appeal though

ReputationRep:
    I just got the woman in charge of UCAS etc at my school to ring through straight to UG admissions at Exeter. She quoted my UCAS number and told them what happened and they said they would reconsider the application in due course

Fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edsmith565)
    I just got the woman in charge of UCAS etc at my school to ring through straight to UG admissions at Exeter. She quoted my UCAS number and told them what happened and they said they would reconsider the application in due course

Fingers crossed
    Wish I had that option...maybe someone will phone for me but whenever you mention UCAS at an actual uni they get confused somehow haha Will give it a go though :yep:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.