Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Not a new feeling but it all comes flooding back every now and then. Today it was because I decided to let my parents know that I dont think I did very well in my C3 exam this January. This is my third year in sixth form (due to medical problems in the first year), but the first time Id taken the exam. I felt like I revised reasonably hard but the exam was a lot harder than I'd expected.

This meant my parents basically telling me that I was talking ******** and I have no chance of getting into university, I was a failure etc. So far my grades are:
    GCSE: AABBBBBBCCD
    A-level: ACc (and and E in physics, :mad: ) Hope to bring up the C in maths to a B.

Is there no chance of me getting into a good uni (Sheffield, Leicester for example)? Should I just give up?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that. So you already have ACEc and are aiming to achieve AB and then what in another subject? Are you continuing the AS really level you got a C for?

It depends what subject you're applying foras to what unis you could expect to receive offers from. If you end up with ABC you should be fine getting into a decent uni for certain courses (I'm assuming that's what you would like to do based on your subjects). Science courses are generally less popular that many other subjects so they are more lenient with grade requirements - but obviously it depends which sicence course you would like to do. This is true for a number of subjects - my cousin received ACC (and missed her 1st and 2nd choices) but could have taken up places at Leeds or Southampton through clearing - this was for a social science subject. Basically, try your best, you seem to be on track to get into a decent uni.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.