Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    At every school, there's always 'that' group that you'd like to be part of. It's usually a large group where all the cool people hang around. I'd say I rate round about middle in terms of my year in 'coolness' but what really get's on my nerves is that for example a lot of the people in this 'cool' group I talk to. There's some people in all my different classes, or walking in the corridor, and when I'm in a small group with one of them, or one of them and a 'closer' friend I can fit in easily. It's when they are in a larger group I have trouble. I fidn it difficult being in a larger group group sometimes. I'm usually a funny guy, but I do find it hard recently, and especially in groups to make people laugh and generally fit in. Any tips guys?

ReputationRep:
    Don't try to get into groups. Just meet people and you'll naturally fit in somewhere.

:top:

ReputationRep:
    No I have a group of friends already but it's nice to beable to talk to other people as well and have a large group of people to talk to. I have lost lots of confidence recently and have been a lot quitier recently. I certainly amn't a morning person and I'm never 'up for school', but when I'm slightly hyper I can usually fit in better. I don't have breakfast in the morning and was wondering if this could be affecting me? I was thinking of starting drinking coffee in the morning for a litle 'pick-me-up' ...

ReputationRep:
    you can erm shag a teacher..you'd fit in the staff crew..

ReputationRep:
    seriously lol. it's not a major problem but still.

ReputationRep:
    The cool group is usually full of so not cool people...

ReputationRep:
    Either way I want to knpw how to fit in better. I mean everybody teases each other but it's the way you react that really matters. Like if someone singles out someone and says soemthing to them in a teasing sort of way and that person reacts well with a good comeback for example that makes people laugh it usually works out well as nobody is bias if you get what I mean.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.