The Student Room Group

Cheated on Boyfriend and Now scared He'll Leave Me

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Doodahdoo
I like how you're basing these huge personality flaws on three points that the OP made. She accepts that she was wrong for cheating on her boyfriend and, later in the replies, for drinking that much - although there was a slight removal of blame. I don't think she ever insinuated that she 'sleeps around', just that she had slept with this guy. Sleeping with a guy/cheating =/= sleeping around, really.

As for your other points, well, as I've said, you've no reason to think that apart from the few points she's made on here, so nice one for jumping to conclusions about somebody you have no idea about :rolleyes:

I plotted to kill two people last week but in the end didn't do it. I got drunk and killed someone else who I had previously beaten up. I know what I did was wrong. Ahh don't I feel much better now.

Obviously the point above is to an extremem. But she began by engaging in sexual acts with a boy for a dare, then whilst in a relationship strung two boys along because she wanted attention (attention seeking), next she cheats with the original boy, then she blames other people for each of these things (lacking responsibility). Stringing two boys along because she wanted attention and sleeping with the boy because someone never told her she wasn't allowed to drink any more.

I think the conclusions I came to about her personality are incredibly obvious to anybody who is not just trying to be polite for the sake of it. Honesty is the best policy, she is a slag.

Edit: And she is a coward for not telling him up to now and especially for contemplating never telling him.
You guys on TSR are all ********* calling the girl a slut.... so what if she cheated, you folks take petty realtionships too seriously, anyway OP you should tell him the truth
int_applicant
hmmmm..this is a tough one...look i can tellu one thing with all certainty.....if he knows , the relationship will NOT WORK............

I'm sorry, but that's just not true. Relationships can work if one partner cheats and confesses to it, and the couple work through it together.
Reply 63
QwentyJ
Well, you're not going to get a lot of sympathy from the TSR public, and probably quite deservedly so. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean you deserve the abuse you're getting along with it. The healthy part is you've acknowledged your mistakes and you want to put an end to it.

I would be trhuthful, because relationships depend on trust like there's no tomorrow.

If he dumps you, then I don't blame him. If he doesn't dump you, consider yourself very lucky and do your bloody damnest to make it up to him.

If the relationship does break up, you need to look at yourself. Are you really suited for relationships? Are you the type who should maybe not get so paraletic next time? I'd get some professional help as to discover what makes you want the attention and desire.

Find out some truths about yourself most of all. You're not a slag, but you've done something very, very stupid.

Good luck.

Thanks for your comment.
Maybe I do need help; I've always craved attention and usually get it too. It's been a tough couple of month’s maybe that's why I've been behaving this way.

I've never been single for long, maybe just a few weeks or so. I think I am suited to relationships I just sometimes find it hard to stop myself from flirting with other guys too.

I never expected to receive any sympathy from TSR anyway, far from it. I know what I've done is wrong; I'd absolutely hate it if someone did the same thing to me.
Reply 64
meskell
Yes because slag is a distinctly female word. Words like ***head, ****hole, c*** etc etc would be bandied about instead. All as correct as the term 'slag' applied to this girl.

The point is, girls get much more grief for this kind of behaviour than guys do.
Kara_Adams
I'm just such a horrible person! I haven’t slept properly all week because I feel so bad about everything. Wish I could change things.

Basically, my boyfriend who I've been dating for a while now went on a holiday for a couple of weeks. I live with a guy who has always fancied me and then one time I kind of did some stuff with him but not had sex or anything. He's a lovely guy, I really like him but I only did the stuff because of a dare I had going. Stupid I know.

Last week just before my boyfriend got back I went clubbing and I got horribly drunk and then I'm really not that sure of anything. All I know is that the next day I woke up in a guy’s bed and basically from what I remember is that we were very friendly with each other and then we ended up sleeping with each other. I was horribly drunk and I know I wouldn't have done it if I were sober.

Now, I really really like my boyfriend. I don't want to break up with him but I also don't want to tell him what I've done as then he's sure to break up with me. I feel so guilty about it and wish I didn't do those things but it's too late now.

Also, whilst he was away I had been leading 2 guys on, pretending that I was interested in them. I guess it was just loneliness and I craved attention. Not that that makes it any less wrong.

So basically, do I tell him what I did and risk him dumping me or do I just not tell him. He's so happy so I think why spoil it now? At the moment only 3 people know about it and I'm fairly sure they'll keep quiet about it. Is this a really bad idea?

If it were you would you really want to know??

I am talking from experience...I once had a gf who did something similar becos it was a long distance relationship....I was glad she told me....it was very easy for me...I just broke up with her and moved on...it was easy cos I am a very attractive guy anyways....honeslty looking back, I preferred she had NOT told me.....because I knew deep down it WAS A MISTAKE......but i just couldnt deal with it........she kinda regretted it....after 4 months of begging and trying to get back with me, she gave up.....all I am saying is that what u did is a big "no no"......good luck
Tsukuyomi
You guys on TSR are all ********* calling the girl a slut.... so what if she cheated, you folks take petty realtionships too seriously, anyway OP you should tell him the truth

The whole point in a relationship is that there's only the two of you. Unless they decided to have an open relationship, one of the main factors of a relationship is not to cheat.
Reply 67
LeeMatthewsPhotography
granted she may be regretful, but the more time she waits the worse it will get, she should have told him the day after if not sooner.

Granted a few people post seem rather abusive messages but to be fair it's understandable especially if they have gone through this. Granted those posts don't help but a few are posting quite insightful posts I think that should help her and i'm sorry for her to then suddenly comment on someones grammar if anything makes her out to be rather arrogant as if better than everyone who's posting.

She has made a number of mistakes including trying to say someone can't spell, even if that was simply a jab at someone saying how disgusted they were with her, but in all honesty he should be disgusted, cheating on someone is simply inexcusable in my opinion.

Alas it is not my, yours or anyone else problems, it's hers and the longer she waits to tell him the worse his reaction will be come D-Day.

I only commented on his spelling as he was being abusive towards me. I don't like bullies and I won't keep quiet.
Reply 68
And my conclusions are justified.
Reply 69
Tsukuyomi

Oh forgive me, there I was thinking her boyfriend was an actual human being with feelings :rolleyes:
Reply 70
M_E_X
Tell the truth, and face the consequences.

If you tell the truth now and he is willing to stay with a cheat then that's fine. If he finds out later down the line you cheated and didn't tell him (it's likely he will) you will have no future with him, and will have invested all that extra time.

Honesty is always the best policy - especially in relationships, but in all of life really.

Yep, thats the biggest load of ******** ive heard in a while.
meskell
Obviously the point above is to an extremem. But she began by engaging in sexual acts with a boy for a dare, then whilst in a relationship strung two boys along because she wanted attention (attention seeking), next she cheats with the original boy, then she blames other people for each of these things. Stringing two boys along because she wanted attention and sleeping with the boy because someone never told her she wasn't allowed to drink any more.

I think the conclusions I came to about her personality are incredibly obvious to anybody who is not just trying to be polite for the sake of it. Honesty is the best policy, she is a slag.

Yeah, the example was ridiculous so I'm ignoring that.
I also wish that people would stop using the words 'slut' and 'slag' - it just screams of year nine levels of maturity, and is just a bit pathetic to be honest. At least try to verbalise what you mean, rather than just resorting to petty name-calling.

I'm not trying to be polite, I'm being realistic and trying to be constructive. So she wanted attention? So what. 'Attention-seeking' is always thrown around as some sort of insult, when actually, there's always the question of why do you feel the need for that sort of attention? Normally it runs deeper than just 'oh, I felt like it'.
I think she's accepted, judging by earlier replies, that she should've stopped drinking earlier.

But anyway, we're not going to agree, so lets just leave it at that.
some people can forgive quite easily.

i had a boyfriend who cheated on me twice but he showed regret and i forgave him, but dont expect it to be fine and dandy if he forgives you, he wont forget, and its going to take a long long time for things to me even remotely normal again but there is still a chance, even if he doesnt forgive you and you do break up, its easier than living with the guilt of not telling him.

and some people on here are just being down right rude =/ she came here for help not insults, this is a place we're meant to be able to talk about our feelings and not get bashed, yes she did something wrong and she knows that, no it doesnt make it better but insulting her will just make it worse, im sure half the people here have cheated, you dont need to be so harsh about it =/
Reply 73
LeeMatthewsPhotography
youre not like that???

yes you are, you've done the deed you are exactly like that stop trying to come out looking like an Angel. You need people to stop you drinking before you go off and sleep with your mates, you sound like such a beacon of inspiration for all women. You need to sort your priorities, alcohol or boyfriend and no drink is not an excuse no matter how much you wish to sugar coat it. Face the bloody music woman and accept that YOU MADE THAT CHOICE TO SLEEP WITH YOUR MATE and stop using alcohol as a catalyst for this one night stand.

You don't want to be judged, then what the hell are you doing posting your problem on here for? Of course you're going to be judged. What did you expect a torrid of replys saying 'don't worry you've done nothing wrong'... everything you did that night was wrong, face facts for christ sake and stop telling people off for their mis-spellings.

I had a one night stand once! That hardly makes anyone a slag.
You can judge me all you want, it don't bother me as you don't know me, you don’t know what I'm really like.
Also, if someone can abuse me then I can say whatever the hell I want back to them. So what, they have feelings and I don’t have any?’ :rolleyes:
Reply 74
LeeMatthewsPhotography
If we're talking about spelling words wrong, I'm pretty sure that should be stopped...

No you're wrong. It should be 'he'd stop' me :rolleyes:
Reply 75
Kara_Adams
I'm just such a horrible person! I haven’t slept properly all week because I feel so bad about everything. Wish I could change things.

Basically, my boyfriend who I've been dating for a while now went on a holiday for a couple of weeks. I live with a guy who has always fancied me and then one time I kind of did some stuff with him but not had sex or anything. He's a lovely guy, I really like him but I only did the stuff because of a dare I had going. Stupid I know.

Last week just before my boyfriend got back I went clubbing and I got horribly drunk and then I'm really not that sure of anything. All I know is that the next day I woke up in a guy’s bed and basically from what I remember is that we were very friendly with each other and then we ended up sleeping with each other. I was horribly drunk and I know I wouldn't have done it if I were sober.

Now, I really really like my boyfriend. I don't want to break up with him but I also don't want to tell him what I've done as then he's sure to break up with me. I feel so guilty about it and wish I didn't do those things but it's too late now.

Also, whilst he was away I had been leading 2 guys on, pretending that I was interested in them. I guess it was just loneliness and I craved attention. Not that that makes it any less wrong.

So basically, do I tell him what I did and risk him dumping me or do I just not tell him. He's so happy so I think why spoil it now? At the moment only 3 people know about it and I'm fairly sure they'll keep quiet about it. Is this a really bad idea?

If it were you would you really want to know??

You don't deserve a relationship.
Reply 76
Kara_Adams
No you're wrong. It should be 'he'd stop' me :rolleyes:

Oh STFU seriously. You come here, and ask for advice yet dont listen to a word of it, instead choosing to partake in the idiotic battle of spelling and name calling. To be honest, you seem way too immature for a relationship. Why post this thread? To boast? It doesnt seem like to plan to take any of the advice given to you.
Reply 77
If you admit it, you can hope he will say that he also cheated on you whilst he was on holiday and then you're even.
Reply 78
OP, basically if you think you can handle the guilt, you shouldn't tell him. If you don't want to break up with him, then telling him is a baaad option, because although some people make it work, it purely depends on how lucky you are in regards to how he reacts.

However, if you don't want to tell him but still can't handle the guilt, you should break up with him and consider it a life lesson. Clearly you've learned something from this and will be much more careful next time!

It was a stupid thing to do but you obviously regret it and I can only imagine what you're going through right now :/

I hope you make the right choice x

Edit: also, stop calling her names!! She made a mistake and she knows it, and of course she didn't come on here to boast, she came on here for ADVICE if any of you tools had cared to read the post. She wants to know what she should do. Calling someone a "slut" is not advice, so go post your anger elsewhere.
Reply 79
Kara_Adams
Thanks for your comment.
Maybe I do need help; I've always craved attention and usually get it too. It's been a tough couple of month’s maybe that's why I've been behaving this way.

I've never been single for long, maybe just a few weeks or so. I think I am suited to relationships I just sometimes find it hard to stop myself from flirting with other guys too.

I never expected to receive any sympathy from TSR anyway, far from it. I know what I've done is wrong; I'd absolutely hate it if someone did the same thing to me.

Well, I think this requires the knowledge of someone who has a far greater insight into the human pysche than a mere amateur like myself possesses. It's interesting though, what you say about yourself. It sounds like you need someone who is always by your side. Either that or, finding someone who wouldn't mind being in an open relationship, with the desires on both sides being mutual.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending