Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cheated on Boyfriend and Now scared He'll Leave Me Watch

ReputationRep:
    You have a boyfriend..then u lead 2 other guys on and messed up with another one?..Common...thats just plain disrespect..please let him know....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idunnowhattoputhere)
    i don't understand the comic on your sig.
    Boy plays tetris. Boy told to clean room. Boy cleans up room via tetris methods. Boy's baby brother is last brick in the tetris clearing up of his room.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    Boy plays tetris. Boy told to clean room. Boy cleans up room via tetris methods. Boy's baby brother is last brick in the tetris clearing up of his room.
    ohh. makes sense now.

He may dump you if you tell him, and yes that will hurt. But at least you will learn not to do it again. Some people just have to learn things the hard way. If you let yourself get away with it, you may try this again. Drunk or not, cheating is not a good habit to get into.

ReputationRep:
    a girl cheating on a boy is worse than a boy cheating on a girl (although i'm in no way excusing the boy)

Why?

Imagine this scenario:

Boy has baby with girl. Boy leaves girl and leaves her to protect and provide for herself and their baby alone. Boy's genes are passed on.

Girl cheats on boy. Boy doesnt know that the baby isn't his. Boy protects and provides for girl and baby. Boy's genes die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gary poter)
    a girl cheating on a boy is worse than a boy cheating on a girl (although i'm in no way excusing the boy)

Why?

Imagine this scenario:

Boy has baby with girl. Boy leaves girl and leaves her to protect and provide for herself and their baby alone. Boy's genes are passed on.

Girl cheats on boy. Boy doesnt know that the baby isn't his. Boy protects and provides for girl and baby. Boy's genes die.
    Just no.

ReputationRep:
    I was in a similar situation at one point and a close friend of mine gave me some advice.

If you tell him, it will not be good. it may make you feel better for getting it off your chest but telling him will only hurt him. and if you tell them, it could ruin things between you two. id just learn from this mistake and not let it happen again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kara_Adams)
    I'm just such a horrible person! I haven’t slept properly all week because I feel so bad about everything. Wish I could change things.

Basically, my boyfriend who I've been dating for a while now went on a holiday for a couple of weeks. I live with a guy who has always fancied me and then one time I kind of did some stuff with him but not had sex or anything. He's a lovely guy, I really like him but I only did the stuff because of a dare I had going. Stupid I know.

Last week just before my boyfriend got back I went clubbing and I got horribly drunk and then I'm really not that sure of anything. All I know is that the next day I woke up in a guy’s bed and basically from what I remember is that we were very friendly with each other and then we ended up sleeping with each other. I was horribly drunk and I know I wouldn't have done it if I were sober.

Now, I really really like my boyfriend. I don't want to break up with him but I also don't want to tell him what I've done as then he's sure to break up with me. I feel so guilty about it and wish I didn't do those things but it's too late now.

Also, whilst he was away I had been leading 2 guys on, pretending that I was interested in them. I guess it was just loneliness and I craved attention. Not that that makes it any less wrong.

So basically, do I tell him what I did and risk him dumping me or do I just not tell him. He's so happy so I think why spoil it now? At the moment only 3 people know about it and I'm fairly sure they'll keep quiet about it. Is this a really bad idea?

If it were you would you really want to know??

so OP..what have u done?..by the way, that is false happiness...An happiness based on deceit and lies.

ReputationRep:
    he might be hurt and everything but you should tell him and explain to him that u were drunk and were completley out of your mind he should understand it but he may push you away for a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    Shouldn't Have Cheated. When will people learn?

you'll get no sympathy here.

/
    This. Plus, leading two guys on, the attention excuse doesent go with that im afraid. You should know what might happen when your drunk, face the consequences, tell the truth, and move on, no doubt he'll dump you by the way, or if he doesent, there's something wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Miss Agressive)
    he might be hurt and everything but you should tell him and explain to him that u were drunk and were completley out of your mind he should understand it but he may push you away for a bit
    Why does being drunk count as an excuse?

"Oh yeah, i was drunk, and i f****d someone, but i was drunk remember"

Why should he understand? Bare in mind, she did something with someone while sober.

Jesus

ReputationRep:
    We all do stuff when we're drunk. TELL him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xnatalie01x)
    We all do stuff when we're drunk. TELL him
    This is a really old thread but I thought I'd just let you know that I did tell him. Wished I didn't at the time as he dumped me but I'm glad he did now. I'm so over him, he weren't even worth it

ReputationRep:
    This is a really old thread but I thought I'd just let you know that I did tell him. Wished I didn't at the time as he dumped me but I'm glad he did now. I'm so over him, he weren't even worth it
    sorry I didn't even look at the date :rolleyes: at least it worked out well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh_Mighty_One)
    Why does being drunk count as an excuse?

"Oh yeah, i was drunk, and i f****d someone, but i was drunk remember"

Why should he understand? Bare in mind, she did something with someone while sober.

Jesus
    ok i understand where your coming from but u never know he may have done the same thing once

ReputationRep:
    I'm just such a horrible person! I haven’t slept properly all week because I feel so bad about everything. Wish I could change things.

Basically, my boyfriend who I've been dating for a while now went on a holiday for a couple of weeks. I live with a guy who has always fancied me and then one time I kind of did some stuff with him but not had sex or anything. He's a lovely guy, I really like him but I only did the stuff because of a dare I had going. Stupid I know.

Last week just before my boyfriend got back I went clubbing and I got horribly drunk and then I'm really not that sure of anything. All I know is that the next day I woke up in a guy’s bed and basically from what I remember is that we were very friendly with each other and then we ended up sleeping with each other. I was horribly drunk and I know I wouldn't have done it if I were sober.

Now, I really really like my boyfriend. I don't want to break up with him but I also don't want to tell him what I've done as then he's sure to break up with me. I feel so guilty about it and wish I didn't do those things but it's too late now.

Also, whilst he was away I had been leading 2 guys on, pretending that I was interested in them. I guess it was just loneliness and I craved attention. Not that that makes it any less wrong.

So basically, do I tell him what I did and risk him dumping me or do I just not tell him. He's so happy so I think why spoil it now? At the moment only 3 people know about it and I'm fairly sure they'll keep quiet about it. Is this a really bad idea?

If it were you would you really want to know??
    You 'really really like' him? And you cheated on him? Wow. Well done on having a mature relationship of love and trust.

Tell him and face the consequences or do him a favour and break up with him. I get that you're regretful and stuff but I mean...if some marriages can't move on after an affair, I doubt your relationship can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.PINK)
    have some balls and tell him
    oh wait nevermind you already had 2 extra behind his back
    Your sig

wo/en = w*o / e*n

not w+o / e+n

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it's been said, so I'll get no extra points for originality, but it was your prerogative to lead guys on, get friendly with your flat mate, and allow yourself to get into a position where you can be manipulated, or manipulate others, to their or your advantage.

At the end of the day, a relationship is based primarily on trust and honesty. Be honest with him and tell your side of the story as it is. As ironic as it sounds, it's important to try and keep any remaining integrity you have.

And when he does dump you.. Well, you'll know what not to do in the future. Life's a *****, and, in this case, 'you only learn through your own mistakes..'

ReputationRep:
    See tbh with you, you've totally screwed up and he would be an idiot to stay with you.
    It's not even as though you've made the mistake once...
    You should tell him and face the consequences.
    As a lot of H&R answers go; man up.

ReputationRep:
    Not emotionally mature enough for a relationship.
    Your fault, Your consequences.

/thread

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.